Jump-start CMG

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Hello to anyone interested. I am retiring 3/1/22 and hoping to find more time to drop in occasionally. I will check back in a few days. Greenbrain

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Hello again to anyone interested. I am working my last Friday before retirement. Monday will be my last day. I just renewed my DG subscription and hope to make good use of it in 2022! Many happy gardening days ahead. : )

Thumbnail by greenbrain
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

A March hello from Madison, IL (St. Louis metro east). Very windy today with high around 78 F. My snowdrops are up and blooming. Many spring bulbs have sprouted (daffodils, tulips, lily of valley, star of bethlehem, and crocus). I haven't measured the soil temp yet. I will try to do that tomorrow.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Storms and cold snap with weather changing drastically overnight. Back to focusing on indoor activities. What's happening in your neck of the woods or garden?
Photos taken June 2018 at and near Garden of Gods in Southern Illinois. Hope to return there this year.

Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

March 9, 2022 and just a few days away from DST which means more daylight hours in the evening for gardening. The weather fluctuations are typical for this transitional time of year ranging from a 70 F daytime high to a 12 F night time low. Just planning my garden while I wait for the weather to settle down. Seed inventory done and sharpening garden tools. Can't wait to be here again - pics from last summer. Anyone planting peas yet?

Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Sorry for the absence. I have been renovating kitchen and weather hasn't been favorable for much gardening yet, so it's the best time to complete an ongoing indoor project. Temps reverted back to winter like weather after a few days of Spring where I got to spend some time cleaning up the garden in prep for planting. Tried out my new garden Weasel claw and Gorilla dump wagon and giving them both a 2 thumbs up! Back to the kitchen renovation. A few pics of last spring's roses. Many already leafed out and no visible winter die back. Chat later. : )

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Still waiting for weather to settle for planting time. In the meantime, kitchen updates continue. Weather should be favorable for gardening by the weekend. Want to try flower pressing to add new artwork to my kitchen walls. Anyone ever try this?

Thumbnail by greenbrain Thumbnail by greenbrain
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Hello, - I'm still here if anyone is interested. My tomato and pepper seedlings are coming along nicely in the basement. I love the led grow lights and so do my plants!
Anyone else with seedlings growing indoors for Spring planting?

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Followup on the pepper and tomato plants at: https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/894185/
posted on 8/7/23.
Under: COMMUNITIES FORUMS TOMATOES & PEPPERS RATE AND REVIEW YOUR FAVORITES, PLEASE!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.