February 2022 month of storms

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Winter storm Warning here back later with pictures
Came here from https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1553689/

This message was edited Feb 2, 2022 10:00 AM

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

All we are getting is cold, 4º Wed. Maybe zero today.
Next week looks like low 30's. We will take it.
Started lots of seeds, geranium, dahlia, & coleus.
Now it will be something everyday.
Very busy in the cabinet shop. 2 kitchens & a couple of small projects.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Storm moving through slow and sporadic 20 degrees strong wind Not much snow so far
Falling temperatures

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

been busy, went from 69* days to really nasty. 11/16" of drizzle turned to ice slowly with 33 mph gusts, but today was dry and finally got to 34* (with wind chill was 23*) and I like that better than the 7* yesterday. I did peek under the frost cloths, as much as it rained, I expected them to be wet and frozen hard, but the cloths were dry with ice sticking them to the ground...couldn't see enough to tell if anything will survive and I didn't want to be out in the cold any longer than necessary. May hit 51* tomorro but nights are still 32* for next 5 days.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We are in a heat wave. In the 30's yesterday.
Right now 35º at 3:43 AM.
Mild for next few days.
Drove to St. Paul on Tuesday to pick up soil for plant starting.
Price is way up as is inventory. Peat harvest was bad last summer because of the drought. So shortage of material.
We will now have to order this spring for delivery next year.
Companies are also running out of seeds. Lots of new gardeners lately. Covid, maybe?

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

That or off the food stamps, no jobs and have no clue what gardening means. Can buy food plants with food stamps-gov't approves. 72* sunshine and a beautiful day. 45* tonight, another repeat tomorro and then Sat temps will drop into 60*s for a high. Out getting my vitamin D while its warm.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Cold snap. 38º at 7 AM, now 16º with wild NW wind.
Spring will come!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Your cold snap reaches me tomorro -still 72* and beautiful and the brushpile is burning and must be fed.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Still lots below zero's here.
Warm up on it's way. Supposed to be nice next week.
Still busy in the cabinet shop. Going to install a project tomorrow.
New seedings are doing great. We ar expanding our greenhouse operation this spring. We had real good business last spring and are expecting an increase in business.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Nice 78 F high today, but windy. Sun made a few appearances before it set. Cold front moving in with showers later. (St. Louis metro east area)

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

92 here yesterday mild 80s today , Lots of rain this past weekend

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I think we all gave up on these threads, now July, 104*- feels like 111* and deep deep drouth, plants are dying because we are trying not to stress our wells to the point of drying up. Rains have been going east when they hit the coast so it has been at least 4 months without appreciable rain.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.