Bird feeders

Santa Ana, CA

I have a bird feeder that is a cylinder and the food flows down into a trough.
I’m concerned that when the birds eat, discarded food gets mixed in with the new food in the trough. I’m concerned about the possibility of diseases spreading at the feeder.
I recently had issues with sick birds at my feeder which is located on a balcony.
So I took my feeders down temporarily for a 2 week period. I was diligent in keeping things tidy and clean, but plan to do more to that end.

But I’m wondering if I should get a different type of feeder?
I’m wondering if maybe a tube feeder with metal or plastic ports would be more sanitary, as the food would be less exposed and touched by multiple birds as it was in the trough?

Ray, OH

When I used to go bird watching, I would always have a small feeder with me. Birds are smart and hungry. You cant just capture them when you want and where you want. If you want to take a good picture of one, then you have to bring food because where there is food, there are birds. I saw that https://www.costaricafocus.com/ is offering bird watching tours, So I am thinking about going there and taking some pics. I don't have a lot of spare time right now, so going on a tour is easy to work for me because I can photograph them with ease and in no time.

This message was edited Dec 20, 2021 5:52 AM

This message was edited Dec 20, 2021 5:53 AM

This message was edited Dec 20, 2021 5:54 AM

bromham, United Kingdom

Hello fellow bird lovers
My name is Neo and i have a SERIOUS problem
I have an idea, an intrusive thought may be, a desire if you will
I want to throw a quail
I have seen photos of these birds. They are small and round, much like a rounders ball. I participated in such sports when i was a spritely youth, and would once again
like to experience such joys. I kept chickens when | was younger so am aware of how to handle small game, however ; have never tried to throw them.
Is this legal? I do not want to face such repercussions for these actions.
Also, does anyone on this forum have any tips for the proper grip to get the furthest distance when throwing the quail
Serious answers only please, I am of limited time.

Thumbnail by quailhater69

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.