CLOSED: Cricket moth bed bug thing?

Modesto, CA

**EDIT** I'm gonna post clearer pictures in the replies.

I saw this bug on me as I was in bed. It's 1/4 cm long, has red beady eyes, antennae as long as its legs, rear legs of a cricket, and color of a moth. It doesn't chirp nor fly. I do often see moths in my room but they are half an inch big and I can clearly make out the wings. A week ago I got this rash or bug bites on my arm but I've never seen these bites before they're tiny and so many. I thought it was a weird breakout of acne or something. When I saw the bug I looked at my mattress and found this 2mm big larva crawling. I know the pictures are blurry but I tried my best.

This message was edited Aug 21, 2021 6:06 AM

This message was edited Aug 21, 2021 6:13 AM

This message was edited Aug 21, 2021 6:20 AM

Thumbnail by oscar75310 Thumbnail by oscar75310 Thumbnail by oscar75310 Thumbnail by oscar75310 Thumbnail by oscar75310
Modesto, CA

Here

Thumbnail by oscar75310 Thumbnail by oscar75310 Thumbnail by oscar75310 Thumbnail by oscar75310
Minot, ND

The insect in the first image is a larva of a carpet beetle (family Dermestide). Although there are reports of people having an allergic reaction to the hairs of these larvae, your arm image looks more like folliculitis - see https://www.merckmanuals.com/en-ca/professional/dermatologic-disorders/bacterial-skin-infections/folliculitis - You may want to consult a dermatologist for a diagnosis.

The other insect is a plant bug in the family Miridae; an accidental harmless intruder,

Modesto, CA

Wow thanks so much for the info!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.