August Weather 2021...the HEAT continues....

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Very hot here, yesterday and today up to 94F, very slight chance of rain, which is why it is so hot.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Weather has cooled down here. 71º right now at 11:15 AM.
Worked in the tomato house for 3 hours this morning. Got about 150 plants pruned & lowered. Took all the bottom leaves off, up to the third cluster of tomatoes. Here are before & after pictures.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Here's some pictures from market yesterday.
First picture is tables set up before filling with goodies.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Here's more. Last 2 are other people's flowers.
Glads are a friends.
Cut flowers are some brought by a Moong family.
Glads didn't all sell, but cut flowers were gone.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens

Nice looking produce, I'd buy the flowers, very pretty.

Mostly cloudy, off and on showers, stuff coming from west to east, some thunderboomer, then sun again. 84F high/75F low.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Cool and dry the past couple days . yesterday and today warming up sunshine and 80's

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Nice pics Ju.
Sunny day, evening thunderstorms are hit and miss, but the miss is nice to bring some cooler breeze to sit outside. Gets to just about 90 everyday before.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

Warm muggy morning here, already 77 at sunrise. Got some rain last evening, maybe more today. Tropical storm Fred is giving us off and on rain/sun.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Mingles dealing with humid 80's and hazy humid here

Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Morning dawned at 69* and cloudy and it felt so wonderfully soft, the humidity helped my dried out lungs, chuckl. Cali again and still

Thumbnail by kittriana

Kitt, I take it you're not in TX with 69 degrees.

We're having some pretty hot temps, the "Feels Like" will be 100.
NO rain.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Rain forecast for Friday night. We need it bad.
89º yesterday with very high dew point.
Saved by a south wind.
Cooler coming this weekend.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Taking a break, covid test returned positive, self isolating with my dad, tired of aching, but I did get the vaccine, so it could be worse. The covid test does not react to antibodies, so covid was confirmed active, is beautiful outside, just resting holds any active interest for me. Be well, be safe,

Well hope you stay well Kitt. CG, hope you get that rain and nice to get cooler temps.

We had a good heavy thunderstorm last night, we very much needed it, cooled it down from 94 to 74, so we sat outside and enjoyed the coolness afterwards. Sun back today, more feels like 100 temps.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We did get 6/10's inch rain last evening. Should help, maybe broke the spell of no rain. Very cool day, 72º right now. First time in months without fans running.
Great day at market. This load of watermelons all sold. Lots of the other things , too.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

91* here in Escondido, Calif. Will drop to 62* tonite. Clear sunny days....I miss being home. Cg, I wish I was close, those look awesome.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Nice rain here Thursday night. Slow rain about 1.1".
Still in 80's in afternoons, but cools quickly over night.

Produce looks so delish...CG. Kitt hope you're feeling better.

We spent the last week at the beach east central FL. Had great days with lots of clouds and some showers to keep us cool. Back home now, the hurricane Ida will pull our chance of showers away for the next few days, so it will be back up to low 90's.

Some of the cool clouds over the ocean, my son and dog running on the beach in one. Dog had a blast.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

New thread for Sept.
https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1551674/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.