July Weather - More hot summer!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Heating up here again, 90's 0n 4th of July.

Back to June if you want,
https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1549942/

This message was edited Jul 1, 2021 2:52 AM

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks CG

We're having lots and lots of rain here, every single day, today 70%, yesterday it was off and on all day long. The 4th looks to be our least amount, but then there is a tropical storm out there heading this way, so who knows.

At least we're staying in the middle 80's, no 90's for at least ten days.

Kitty staying inside porch, doesn't like the rain, wet plants.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Hot. I haven't checked the tstat cuz I been out there. I apologize CG, that waeels likes African Blue basil, grown for the aroma I adore and the pollinators, tho this year it is the catnip blooms pulling the pollinators in. Gotta get the support hammocks in for the Hales Best Cantaloupe, and remember to water after I get more cardboard laid in. Seems to be the only reason my vegs are trying to survive this year.
Edit heat numbers 89* going to 90*, feels like 98*...58% humidity

This message was edited Jul 1, 2021 1:21 PM

Thumbnail by kittriana

Already raining this morn and not even 10AM yet, showers coming from west now, they've been coming from the ESW, weird how it does that in one day.
73/84/76° 80% chance of rain NO SUN.

Skeeters have hatched now. BIG TIME
Looks like Elsa is heading towards the Gulf, probably just bring us more rain.

Shampoo ginger coming up.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Fireworks popping outdoors, dogs indoors fretting. 76* with half an inch of drizzle today, 97% humidity, lo tonite 72*. Won't last, but I am cold. Gray all day long, Happy Fourth everyone!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

93º predicted for today. The heat goes on.

Fireworks were crazy here last night, was raining all week but not last night, so they had a lot stored up. Dog slept practically on top of me, and she's 90 pounds. LOL.

Partly cloudy today, but more sun peaking through than we've had IN awhile, mosquitoes are just wicked.
91° high predicted today, 60% chance of rain.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

July 4th netted me 2.5" rain, today we got more showers, I know there was an inch before the last thunderstorms. Hot, heavy, humid, still air. Mosquitoes are biting the Dyna thingy and it helps immensely. 81* 97% humidity. 3 more qts of dills pickled today, I think that Southern Delight cucumber is winding down finally.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Raining here this morning. We need it!

Cloudy, had a couple light rain bands go through this morning, I was out walking, that's how light they were. 85F high, 80% rain later on, Elsa will stay on west coast, 10-20mph winds here, off and on rain bands.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

They call it muggy.
75º with 71º dew point.
More rain later.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

88*, 61% humidity, 1" of rain fell here yesterday...the scattered t'storms missed me, and it looks as tho the coast will boil up tonight and drop some more rains. Covid shots are walk in now so I sat for the Janssen 1x shot this morning. They are 66 effective, but that will be good odds for me since I usually am not mingling anywhere but the grocery store.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Rain the past couple days more rain in the forecast . 70's and nice days a few of them , I'm sure more hotter days will return ,

Kitt had my second shot of Moderna on April 1 Felt fatigued every since ,
Grocery is about the same with me ,

Thumbnail by juhur7
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Quite a day yesterday. It was raining in Mankato when we left home at 5:30 AM.
No rain all the way there. No rain all morning. Some rain on the way home.
Got home at 1:30 PM. 4/10ths in the gauge, was sprinkling. Soon it was raining. Wife got home, said she drove through a down pour about 10 miles before home.
Rained for a while, then cleared up & sunny.
Will check the gauge later.
No more watering for a while. Maybe we are in for timely rains. Yes.
A good day at market. Sold out!
Pictures of some things we sold. Tomatoes only lasted 15 minutes.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens

OMG those tomatoes look so good, all of it looks good.

Still lots of rain here, but seems like today will be rain free, and maybe three days of no rain, but since no rain will get up to 90F. A squirrel busted my rain gauge so I have no idea how much we get, but the creeks have overflowed into the woods now. Mosquitoes are in heaven.
Snake sleeping in my cactus palm

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Rain yesterday, about ½ inch. Just right. 63º.
Going to start weekday markets today.
Just came in from letting tomatoes down.
They were up to the chain, so dropped them about 12".
Some in the big house are starting to ripen.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Lots of rain , 80's 88 today in fact sunshine between the rain made it hotter still
rain all night tonight ,

CG With prices going like they are , Anything reasonable for good fresh fruit is sure to sell out

Sun Dangerous looking snake , Black Racer giving the Cobra Moccasin look ?
I love snakes actually but they sure can scare the poop out of you and some people , Especially the poof and their there thing .
Catnip and Honey bee

Thumbnail by juhur7
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Hazy 80's the past two days Air Quality Alerts also

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

85º yesterday, nice breeze so not to bad.
Hot today. Heat index 104º.
Weather liars scared to death!
Rest of us will endure.
We need rain.
Pictures from Tuesday market.
One from inside of tomato house.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

84 for today here A Little haze still around
CG Great looking garden goodies ..yum

Catnip for kitty and the bees .

Thumbnail by juhur7

I'm just imagining a cuke and tomato salad with those great looking veggies, I never see that many good looking produce here that is home grown. Greenhouse helps I'm sure, That's a big clump of catnip, Ju.

We get to about 90, then late afternoon thunderstorms cool us down to the low 80's and even sometimes upper 70's. I worked in the garden this morning trimming back the jungle some, not one mosquito, which was very strange.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Wife made a salad for lunch. Red tomato, yellow tomato, salad onions, red & white, green peppers. All cut up small. Dressing was Vinegar, sugar, dill weed & pepper. Very good!
Hot here again but dew point is down.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Hot enough to sear a steak today, humidity always breathes in and out with the sun, so 90s to start and 50s humidity mid day- and then we got a summer thunderstorm and some rain, humidity heavy again...belt on the zturn broke, so grass is ready to mow again. Haven't found the replacement as yet.
Those veggies look so very good CG! I don't make a good wife, I LIKE other folks cooking for me, but I eat less when I cook, chuckl, there are a lot more raw veggies when I do.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Yesterday near 90 early morning Today about 70 .It will be in the low 90's later ,
Doing a few things in the mornings ,

Yep humidity here is in the 90% in the morning with temps mid 70's, then humidity 50% if no rain in afternoon and temps in the 90's, either way I sweat when outdoors.
Mornings or late evenings (if storm cools us down) only time to do something outside.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Terrible day Wednesday, Near 100º with very high Dew point.
Thursday, not so hot, 90º, but air was so full of smoke from Canada wild fires.
You could only see about 2 miles.
Early this morning, started sprinkling. Keep it up most of the day.
Guys picking never got wet, but soil got sticky.
Nice bunch of veggies today.
I spend some time in the big tomato house yesterday & today, morning.
I go out about 7 & work 1½ hour. I can get a double row done each day.
Have two more days in there & then it's the Cherry Tomato houses turn.
This time i cut off bottom leaves below the third cluster & let them down about a foot.
Pictures: A row not pruned.
A row pruned, but also picked today.
Another row pruned.
Cherry tomatoes

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Having trouble posting

Time for August weather...... https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1551120/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.