June Weather - Hot June ?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Starting off here with very high temps. In the 90's this weekend.
Maybe some rain.
We came from here, if any bodies interested.
https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1548812/

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks CG, I'm packing up for a vacation, appreciate the new thread, and I know you're busy.

High 85 today, 30% chance of rain. Heading to St. Augustine for our 39th anniversary.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

St Augustine was always a favorite of mine. 7/8" rain this mornin, got out and squashed a few more cutworms, temps are comfy, skeeters are in droves and on every blade of grass. This basil smells so good.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Is it Thai Basil ?

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

all day rain 70 degrees

Glad your all doing well

Alfalfa

Thumbnail by juhur7

Your African blue basil looking good, mine looks better after we got rain finally flowering again.

St. Augustine is partly cloudy this morning 72, had a downpour during night, up to mid to upper 80’s, chances of rain later.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

70's gray all day. Stripped cucumber vines, pickled them up. Had rain yesterday early then again late 1 13/16". Yard looks like a swamp, soggy and old puddles everywhere, so far rain has skipped me today, except for a short sprinkle. Got Bob Seger jammin since the kids are all out fishing or down to New Braunfels to float the river. Chuckl, so quiet here!

Thumbnail by kittriana
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We are in 5th day of hot! Starting Friday, it's been 93º or above everyday.
So windy Sunday it tore the plastic off one greenhouse.
We have been getting things set out.
Can water most things with T-Tape. It lays alongside the row and gets the water right to the plants. Our whole 5 acres is plumbed, so we can hook hoses & get to the different beds.
Set out tomatoes today. They are canning tomatoes, so most get ripe at the same time. The first picture is of those tomatoes, 250 of them. Ground cover should keep the weeds at bay. Green & yellow beans are in the other patch.
Hard to see, but the 4th picture is a hen pheasant on the road. She is the dot between the 2 tree shadows.
3rd picture are Hosta's, most I acquired at Dave's Garden Round-ups.

This message was edited Jun 8, 2021 2:41 PM

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

76 67 feels hotter with humidity and sun , rained the past three days
All that air colliding near here makes rain like farther south ,

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

A few pics of our place.
Peonies are almost to the end.
Hostas along the north side of the house.
Tomatoes in $ 2 hoophouse.
Cucumbers in same one. Can you see the ones almost ready?
Beets & Watermelons sharing this space.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Clematis are so pretty.
Baskets Bertha received for Mothers Day.
Peppers in hoophouse # 1.
Tomatoes in hoophouse # 1.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Summer is back with a grand slam here, from 70's straight into the 90's. That looks really good CG, Ju, it is going to be a weird summer for you too. So far we have clouds partially drifting thru, and not just straight sun. Shall see what the garden does with it, but the earthworms near the surface of the soil because of so much water, are literally steamed and dying on the soil. Baby frogs are moving toward shadier spots with bugs- so tiny.

CG, love that Clematis trellis bench, everything looking good there.

Last week while camping at St. Augustine was such nice weather, no skeeters and great breezes, lots of off and on clouds, some cooling showers. The day we left, Monday it went up to 90F, so we timed that one good. Back home it has gone up to low 90's, they say by the weekend rain again. Next three days up to 95F ugh.

Pic's from Anastasia beach, and the lighthouse, caught a sea turtle and mama duck and babies, in the ocean by the jetty rocks.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I am back to dodging the outdoors, allergies are roaring at me, 92* everyday with this humidity is awful. Yes the critters are happy, but even my dogs are quick to beat me back to the house in the summer. I have been cheating at this, they come back quick and clean they get a treat...is a lot less doggo baths.

Cloudy this morning, finally getting some rain to cool us down from those dreaded mid 90's afternoons. 73F this morning, rain on radar already, might get a good hour walk in before they get here.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I guess I got the title right for June.
In the 90's everyday & no rain.
Same for this week, except high 80's.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Thunderstorms here this morning , Later today 93 dew points 70 and above The heat index above 100 , Hot ,humid day coming ,

Kitt I agree Strange weather ,

optunia

Thumbnail by juhur7
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Topped out at 89º today, no wind, no rain. Just hot.
We all spent the day getting ready for market tomorrow.
My greenhouse cucumbers are doing great. Picked 37 off of 50 plants.
They are just starting, got 7 last Friday & 4 yesterday. Lots of small ones on them, too.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Put up a new picture for avatar.
Couple kittens roaming the house.
There were 5, but we gave away 3 of them.

Cute little kittens. Nice cukes, must be good year for them, even in the stores they're huge and delicious.

Up to 93 today, it is already 78 at sunrise, yesterday was much cooler in morning, cloudy and spotty showers, due to a tropical storm in the Gulf.

My Rudbeckia seeds finally gave me flowers after two seasons, Ginger plants blooming.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

75 and 55 today cooling down a couple days

CG kittens are so cute

Sun pretty blooms

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

61º feels good after all those 90's.
No rain again as a system moved through. Same one that produced tornados in Chicago.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

The earth is shrinking lopsidedly, more heat farther north, less winters gradually...hit 90* today with a feels like 102* again, and got hit with 2 thunderstorms that gave a total of 1/8" rain. Dirty rain I may add. Will need to clean out the rain gauge tomorro it is so dirty. GREAT year for cukes, absolutely! I am putting up 3 or 4 qts every 5 days from 2 vines. One is Artist (gherkin hybrid pickling) and the other is Southern Delight (Japanese pickling) and I love both of them. Have Sumter just now up with first leaves, so waiting to see how it does. Only the Hales Best Cantaloupe is growing vines as fast as it can...the tomato is meh after the original plant succumbed to Bacterial Soft Rot. The eggplants won't set blooms (too hot?) and the catnip has gone crazy this year. Time I got out and sprayed a fungicide- the under surface of the raised bed is gray with the stuff.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

70 and 50's here

Kitt my catnip is 5 ft tall

Thumbnail by juhur7

Wow Ju, that catnip is something else.

We're getting lots of rain here each day, thunder storms in afternoon, just as it hits 90, cools us down at least.

Sandhill cranes in the yard

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

90º again today.
Things are really growing with us keeping the water going.
Going to look at another job for cabinet shop this afternoon.
Maybe some rain tomorrow.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Cloudy 82 degrees about anyway , was sunny a few hours and pretty hot

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

83* now, 79% humidity, heading for 92* high today.
Oregano, Catnip, African Blue basil, blooms are bringing pollinators, makes wanting to kill grasshoppers feel like I am committing mayhem, providing semi shade to the peppers has them growing better. At present, only the cayennes didn't have to be started over late this season.

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We are finally getting so rain. 1" so far, still raining.
This will go a long way to end the draught.
73º

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

All said & done, we got 2.9" of rain. Much needed.
Last rain was May 27, then only an inch.
Sunny & 73º today, beautiful day!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

We had a 24 hr cool off and a ttl of 1.5" rain over 3 days. My plants are confused I think, I cannot keep water regulated to them, it swings from too little to too much almost overnite, 90* days are rough on them too, the shade has helped a lot, the cardboard around them has helped immensely.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Moving on to July;
https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1550549/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.