May Weather pictures and chat.....Show us your spring blooms...

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Time for a May weather chat....We came from here....
https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1547779/?page=2#post_10514476

Warming up here in central Florida, this week gonna be HOT. Today sunny with a high of 92. only 15% chance of rain.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

84* today, full sun and the sun is much higher and stronger than 2 days ago- Rcvd 3 5/8" rain yesterday, so that was 9 1/4" for 2 days storms. Plants wilted as if they haven't been outdoors for 2 months already. I want cooler temps back, but we needed the rain here.

I wish we'd get some of that rain, I was on the road today and Jeep thermometer said 95, at home both thermometers say 89, cooler because of the trees. Humidity drops to the 30% range in the hottest part of the day, feels like California from 2-6PM.

A/C is running again, we hardly ran it the last five months, I don't like not hearing what's going on outside, especially the nights.
Wildlife around the garden, and lazy cat.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We had 90º on Saturday.
Market went well. Lots of customers at the farm, too.
We put ground cover on the beets/watermelon patch.
Beets are coming up. Will set out watermelon around Memorial Day.
By the time the watermelons need room, the beets should be gone.
Our flowering crab full of blooms.
Hostas are popping up.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens

Wow, CG you as hot as Florida, that tree is pretty, such green grass too.

We're gonna get really HOT today, up to 95, a chance of afternoon thunderstorms, tomorrow a mini cool front so a good chance of rain...we NEED it.

Caladiums in pot

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Ugh, down in the lower 60's last night, still @ 10 am only 65*. Tried some planting, but the water table is still too high- dig a hole and water gathers. High today may get to 80*, and I need to mix some fungicide and treat some gray spots showing in the green grass. At least I now don't have to worry about roots cooking in the ground, chuckl. This is my Hales Best cantaloupe leaves with water drops oozing out the top, chuckl, too pretty for dew.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

59 and 38 here cold weather still

Allium

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

The Allium is pretty, doesn't grow here, wish you'd warm up Mr. Ju. Although 59 sounds good to me after four days in the mid 90's.

We had a slight cool front yesterday, gave us some rain, but not enough, today and tomorrow will be in the low 80's, take it when we can, sunny and clear weekend.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Lazy day, Happy Mothers Day to all. Hot 87* windy gusty winds from south, 10pm and the winds died, now 77*, we are supposed to get scattered rain tomorro, but looks like temps will stay up there. Humidity 79%

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Thanks Sun , but no warm up yet 47 /34 thunder showers all night and today
Wednesday it begins to warm up with rain forecast the next ten days in a row after that ,
More Allium with Dianthus and Daisy for company

Thumbnail by juhur7
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

A couple of shots of lazy cats.
The babies got new play thing yesterday. Good for napping, I guess.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Almost done planting onions. 1st pic.
A spot of poor ground we seeded with wildflowers for bees & butterflies. 2nd pic.
The "feed bunks". Radishes almost ready. Also some lettuce in there. 3rd pic.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Looks really good CG. Here it is 90* already, rain swingin north and east if it shows up. No high winds today, repeat tomorro, but Wed there is a chance of a cooler front coming in with moisture, fingers crossed. Nights are at 75* but may drop to 73* tonite, hoping tomatoes can handle it and won't drop blooms.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

61 today sunny , raining tonight 44
CG I love Onions

Iris today

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Kittens are already getting big, love the Iris Ju.

Weekend was lovely, a bit windy at times, but still nice, warming up today, into the low 90's, slight chance of rain in evening, more of a chance tomorrow.

Went kayaking Sunday with my son and hubs for mother's day.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

A second gray day-no rain- so used up my minnow tubs of rainwater from the 9 1/2" a week or so ago. It is cold to me, back into the 60's at night, barely 73* today. Plants are loving the cooler temps, but partly sunny tomorro will bring back some heat. I stayed indoors and napped- that xyzal last night hasn't worn off yet, chuckl.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Just a few pics from the greenhouse.
Sprinkling, but we need a good rain.
Weather has been warm.
Getting planting done. Did cole crops the other day. Seeded some beans yesterday.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Flower pics all look wonderful !
Warmer the past couple days we get 70 and 50 roughly the next few days .

Nice you warming up Ju, pretty flowers CG.

It's nice this weekend, just plain nice and breezy. High maybe 80F, low 60's at night, AC is off.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Gave out and ran from the sun at 1pm...82* may get 1* more near 3pm. 56% humidity, no feel of a breeze under the pines, partly sunny mostly gray heat. Little things done, malathion sprayed on the leafhoppers near the peppers before they start serious pepper production. I know it is sunny out there, but I really suspect the sun's light saturation is light this year from how some of the plants are doing. Mowing later, treating fire ant mounds later. My a/c is set at 70*,

A mix of clouds and sun. 63/83/65. Winds E at 15 to 25 mph. Not complaining, cuz next week the 90's will be back. There is no rain in the forecast for next ten days, ane we haven't had any for the past two weeks, one rain barrel is empty, the other is low, well is low.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Almost 84*. Had 1/8" on Sun, 4 7/8" Mon. The morning was partly cloudy, but cooler temps and rain is coming by 3pm. Darn flies are getting touchy feely right now. Light breezes make porch sitting easy tho. Stuff I need to get potted, but waiting on my daughters mom in law to get back from Dr office. She had 5 stints put in a few days ago, wasn't feeling good, so am waiting to see if she gets back ok from tests. Just leaned back on the chair, something scratched me, and I threw a red wasp on the ground. Stomped it too. Thats one she won't need to worry about.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We are finally getting some nice rain. Only had 1¼" since April 1, biggest was ½" on April 9.
I guess that's why this part of the state is called "God's Country".
Nice weather for farmers to get crops in. Now they are coming up, so we get a wonderful rain to get them growing.
We put in our tomatoes in the main hoophouse this morning. Finished cabbage & kohlrabi in the small hoophouse. Also got our burpless cucumbers in. My stepson & I put down some plastic mulch. We are using biodegradable plastic this year. So no picking it up in the fall.
Seeded a small patch of ground to a wildflower mix. Rain should get that going,
Friend brought bees over on Sunday. They will help pollination of lots of things.
I'll get some pictures soon.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Rain, overnight was 4", but thunder and lightning from dusk til dawn, came hard and fast, so creeks flooded carrying it away- has been higher- yard has turned to swamp. I have a carpenter bee busy on everything, stuff is fruiting. Cooler temps today- 71* as a high, behaving like April, checked my calendar tho. It is May. Glad I am not closer to the coast, this front sat on them hard yesterday

Our weather has been like April too, quite pleasant, for a good seven days now.

Rain is a gardener's friend, I know all these tourist love this dry less humid sunny weather but the winds have been high and everything is drying up here. Got the back of the house painted, started all this last year...LOL.

Nice weekend ahead. No rain, breezy and partly cloudy, high 83, it's 65 this morning.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Rain is also an enemy, 18" inside of 2 weeks is rough. Drizzle started back up this afternoon, most of it is east of me tho. 83* high today, now down to 73*, humidity is 98%, pollen once again coating everything. No breeze worth mentioning. I did a lot of sleeping today.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Forecast: MORE rain. 74*, but humidity bouncing between 95 to 100%, I suspect I am getting right at 21 inches so far this month alone. You guys quit shaking the rain stick!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

80's and 60's here Humid and hazy today

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

73* 89% humidity, I got to see sunshine today! Then the storms rolled back in, hear the thunder rolling?💣💦💨🐸

Thumbnail by kittriana
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We've been busy planting here.
Very hot Sunday, today only 83º.
Couple pictures of planting some Okra & Kohlrabi.
Then our Iris. The yellow ones came from a plant swap at an Iowa Round Up around 2007. Sure miss those good times.
Met people from all over the country. We went to the Kentucky RU 4 years in a row, then visited DG people on the way to & from. Interesting. Lots have passed on as well.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Another 1 3/8" rain yesterday. Guess I am lucky- some got 11" farther south of me. So, so, wet out there. Little pockets of almost quiksand the ground is so wet. Blackberries are ready for picking, bet they are holding a ton of water. Will have to go s.hit the 'pick your own' today or tomorrow. Recovering from a deer visit, but by Thurs am we will be heading up into the high, high 80's and no more of these 70'

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

I miss the old days when we had plant round-ups here, a few have passed on here also. Everybody's plants looking great, love all those yellow Iris. Ju, what's that first plant?

We're having low 90's at later afternoon, but mornings are still upper 60's, humidity is low, so no skeeters yet, fire danger hazard here.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sun that is a Hosta It was near 90 yesterday 67 today to 80 maybe , rain
Nice pic's I will go back and have another look at # 3 ,

Won't do as much today A few bags of earth and some doings in the garden when the chance arrives though ,

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Raining here. Started during the night. Supposed to last all day.
We need this kind of rain to build up the subsoil.
Will be nice & sunny on Sat. for our market.
Probably the last Sat. for big plant sales.
Later -

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

40's rainy , windy cold

Blooming weeds

Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

More rain, with some pretty awesome lightning and downright earth shattering thunder. We were at 25.5" before today for May totals. Last 2 days have hit 86* feels like 92*, but this may cool us back down tonight. I heard a mention of hail coming in with this storm, but I haven't had any. Storms are moving in a different direction now- instead of sweeping in from the south and heading north and east- this one came in from the west and is moving south and east. Back out into the Gulf.

Flowering weeds are the best.
So much rain for you Kitt, you're gonna need a boat to get out of your house.

We did get a very late downpour last night for only 25 minutes, it filled my rain barrels back up at least. Today up to 92F going to a BBQ in Daytona so will be cooler there.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

62 and 42 today cold wind partly cloudy

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Here's our tables at the Farmers Market this morning.
Big crowd of customers.
I bought a loaf of pumpernickel rye bread from the bakery lady. Delicious!
The gal in the picture is my wife, Bertha. She grew all this in the greenhouse.

This message was edited May 29, 2021 6:26 PM

Looks good CG, Bertha keeping busy. Nice clump of asparagus.

Cloudy 92 high today. Good chance of thunderstorms this afternoon.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.