Dumb Bird!

Mansfield, MO(Zone 6a)

We have a chicken run (open since they became used to the territory)that is similar to a huge bird cage. Wild birds fly in and out to eat the chicken scratch along with the chickens. New ones will occasionally get stuck, can't find the door. But one female cardinal repeatedly does it. Almost every evening I have to shoo it to the door or catch it and toss it out when I close up the chickens. the last few days, the little black mutt Lady and the two tom cats have decided to help! Oh what fun!?!? :D

Oh Sue,what shall ya do,lol' Maybe she's PMSin',ROFLOL,BTDT,lol' I thought cardinals were red???:D

Elizabethton (Stoney, TN(Zone 6b)

Female cardinals aren't red, only males. Here's a picture of one:::: http://www.mangelsen.com/mip/HTML/1115.html

I stand corrected,never too old to learn'

Belfield, ND(Zone 4a)

Oh GrannyLois - what a great picture of a fat, fuzzed-up bird. This made me giggle. Thank you for the link.

Mansfield, MO(Zone 6a)

Gee Grannylois, that is not like the female cardinals I have here. They are grey all over with a little red (very very dull red) feathers tucked in. No white chest at all.
Isn't that something! I never even knew there were more than one kind. LIVE AN LEARN. LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.