Plant identification

Greenfield, IN(Zone 6a)

I hope this is the right place for this query. This plant showed up Spring 2019, lasted through most of the following winter and never completely disappeared. It never bloomed. It started with a renewed vigor this winter. We never got snow but had many days/nights in the 20s.The foliage is handsome and sturdy looking, rough, kind of hairy, at this time about 18-20" tall. All leaf stems grow from the ground in a clump, as opposed to growing from a main stalk. It's a nice looking plant, but I want to make sure I'm not growing a poisonous thing that will kill birds or animals.Today I noticed a bluish green blob coming out of the center.divided into fat sections. I've found plenty of flower photos on the internet, but no straight on good pictures of foliage of what I think it might be which is some kind of papaver, maybe orientale. How it got there I have no idea. Can anyone identify this?

Thumbnail by SecretMonkey Thumbnail by SecretMonkey
Powder Springs, GA(Zone 7b)

It certainly looks like Oriental poppy. Here are some at my parents' house. I grew them from seed and gave it to them. They are in TN while I am in GA. I guess 180 miles makes a world of difference in growing them like weeds.

Thumbnail by hcmcdole Thumbnail by hcmcdole

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images