Unique double layer solar greenhouse filled with soap liquid bubbles

Kelowna, BC

Having searched all over the internet and I find it strange that almost no one talks about the SolaRoof greenhouse that was invented in 1980's with 6 patents.

Anyway, having tried the conventional one-layer hoop greenhouse first hand, and spent money and time to learn about the "citrus in snow" type of greenhouse utilizing solar and geo thermal energies, I have made my conclusion that SolaRoof greenhouse invented by Richard Nelson is the BEST greenhouse a person can build. I cannot find anything that is even close to it.

The first picture shows how it works in winter night time.

The principle is pretty simple if you can perceive it. It takes the advantage of water's high capacity to absorb and storge thermal energy. It's double layer structure and soap liquid foam generation allows a greenhouse built this way to capture as much solar thermal energy as possible to cool it during day and keept it warm during night by filling the cavity with soap bubbles as thick and light weight insulating blanket to keep the heat inside and prevent the cold from radiating inside.

As a result, it captures enough solar thermal energy for it to be used during the night.

Becuase of my thourough understanding and firm belieft that it will work, I have teamed up with the inventor to design a full line of new greenhouse structures we call PyraPODs. The second image is a 3D Sketchup image shows 8 of these structures in one sweep

The third image shows even larger versions possible for community living.

Hope you like them just as I do :-)

Aubrey at
PyraPOD.com

P.S. We encourage DIY projects. By reading massive information and watching videos on our site, most handy men and women can replicate easily.

Thumbnail by PyraPOD_com Thumbnail by PyraPOD_com Thumbnail by PyraPOD_com
East Longmeadow, MA

what a unique idea.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.