canape pepper

Years ago I planted a pepper at that time called Canape. Can someone tell me what the real or new name is and where I can purchase the seeds now

Than You

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

No pepper is called canape. Canape's are bread or crust rolled with red peppers & other things inside. Google Canape peppers.

Johnston, RI

Quote from CountryGardens :
No pepper is called canape. Canape's are bread or crust rolled with red peppers & other things inside. Google Canape peppers.

Johnston, RI

Quote from CountryGardens :

Johnston, RI

In daves garden it is listed as a bell pepper with the cultivar = Canape

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

The posts in there are from members. Someone entered that because that's what they called them. The posts are not edited to be right.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Google canape pepper. You will get many recipes.
Canape is dish made with peppers of all kinds.

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

There was a Canape hybrid bell in the 90's. If hybrids have stability problems in terms of producing consistent crosses or because of poor sales they are dropped. This must be the case here. I've grown a stable hybrid called Cherry Belle since the early 90's. Bonnie bought the name but later replaced it with Cherry Bomb. It's impossible to find Cherry Belle info.

Bernie, there are online references to Canape peppers.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.