SEEDLINGS ARE STARTED! Which way do you guys prefer? I have 3 ways here...

Brooklyn, NY

Which way do you guys prefer? The 3rd way is just for young seedlings (tofu containers in a shoe rack).
I made a quick video on how to make the temp window shelves without damaging the wall if you want to try. Happy Gardening!

https://youtu.be/S1hdmN0qWvo

Thumbnail by Jerny Thumbnail by Jerny Thumbnail by Jerny
Cascade, VA(Zone 7a)

In my case i just have a single 2Ft x 1Ft fluorescent grow light that i set up on top of my clothing drawer to get my tomatoes and peppers going, i have very limited space indoors seeing as I'm living here with my folks. And i set up a couple of makeshift stands to hold the light in place over top of the plants (in this case it's old VHS cassette tapes) 😂 But it works, though!

This year I'm going with plastic cell trays though rather than peat pots that's in the picture that i took last year, i found that they dry out a bit too fast for me personally.

Thumbnail by jmc1987
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

The bottom off of a gallon milk jug works great. Cut it about 1¼" high. Drill a few holes in the bottom,1/8" or so for drainage. Put the whole thing in a plastic bag until the seeds sprout. Take the bag off & let them grow.
Florescent lights should about 1" above the plants.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

The setup pictured here in the basement has worked for me. A repurposed 4 level book case lined with foil and mirrors with cabinet lighting. I use the bottom level for supply storage. I have a removeable screen over the front which keeps pests out. It's close to the laundry sink for quick watering. A clip on fan provides good air circulation which is also important. I like all the ideas mentioned here. I've used yogurt containers, egg cartons, peat pots, and whatever is available. I elevate the pots closer to the light source and lower as the plants grow taller. Once the plants reach the lights, it's time to go outside. Enjoy and good luck to all!

Thumbnail by greenbrain
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Here's a thread I started in 2003.
https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/371007/#post_445857

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.