Shade Plants for desert climate

Salt Lake City, United States

Hello, I am trying to find some shade plants that will grow well in southern Utah (zone 8). I need to find low growing shrubs or groundcover that will grow rapidly but will not overtake the slower growing plants that are already in the bed (for example, something like Jasmine or Vinca that would twine and grow up the plants). I have read that Teucrium may tolerate some shade, but may look leggy. I am trying to find essentially a shade loving equivalent of Malephora lutea, which I have growing in the sunny areas and is filling in the bare ground until the shrubs can fill in the space. The beds receive about 2-3 hours of sunlight a day, mostly filtered. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Hot Springs National, AR

You asked a very interesting question, of course, I don’t know the correct answer to it, but I would like to give you some advice. Recently, I started looking for sources and books for myself, because I decided to study a geography course and found https://phdessay.com/free-essays-on/nature/ where there is a lot of useful and accessible information. There are many essays on nature out there, so I think you can find the answer. I would be glad if you find it useful!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.