January Weather 2021...chat and pictures. Happy New Year!!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Happy New Year!!!
We have some nice weather going on here, warm days and cool nights. Clear and nice moon. Up to mid 80's today.

We came from here .... https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1545622/

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Happy New Year!
How would we go about getting more people on this thread ?

13º but partly sunny & temp going up to near 30 today.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

High of 52* today, mostly sunny. My oldest grandson came thru this yesterday, spent the night on the side of the road with many others, was glad to see him get here at 9pm. 46* now, ended up yesterday with a total of 7.75" of rain for that whole system over 2 days. Not sure there are many left on DG these days, I see more from other countries than USA

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

Wow, glad he made it eventually, I saw all that snow in the TX west side.

Unfortunately the weather thread is only for subscribers to DG, don't think many subscribe anymore, mine is good until 12-2022, I will not be renewing after that, since they took away the plant journals.

Warm 70 this morning, cloudy, muggy, had to turn the AC on last night, up to 82, front is approaching, cooler tomorrow. 12,000 tourist are flying outta Florida today..((smile))

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I have been subscribed since 2001, I will continue.
10º this morning.
Going to the shop.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Started out light fog & 13º. Now sunny & 27º.
Low 30's for this week. Hard to believe it's January with this kind of weather.
Won't be long & seed starting will begin.
Cabinets are coming along nicely. Uppers are done, start work on base cabinets tomorrow.
Another small project will be done at same time.
Saves setting up machines so much.

47F this morning, sunny, up to mid 60's.

Night shot in the garden, my new arbor hubs built me for Christmas.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I caved and bought a new variety of rosemary today -Goriza- felt like 76* today and beautiful. 50* tonight. My sister tells me she has a bunch of bluebird pairs checking out their new houses today and it has her and her hubby tickled they have so many. I made a roasted mushroom broth today. I think I must have concentrated it as I came out with half the broth I was told I would have. Was really good though.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We had a nice day yesterday. Snow was melting, about 38º & sun.
My wife has a Rosemary plant above the kitchen sink. Been there for 5 years.
Handy for cooking.
Also we are almost done repainting our cabinets.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Winnetka, CA

Hi all....

Reporting from Winnetka, California (greater LA area)... today was a lovely 64 degrees - 56% humidity... and about a 5mph wind throughout the day...

Sun!! You can't leave us... even if it's 2022 -:)

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Wasn't feeling to well . up late or early a few minutes
was one day 41 degrees and sunny, mostly 30's day 20's night ,

Sun Looks nice

CG Looking good , My rosemary plant didn't make it ,

Nancy I want your weather

Sorry to hear you were not feeling well, Ju. Hope you're doing better.

Hi Nancy, Nice to see you pop in, we'll see when 2022 comes around.

CG, nice rosemary plant.

Rosemary does well here in winter, but not too fond of the rainy humid months.

41F low past two mornings, gets up nice mid 60's in the day, sunny.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

63* currently, high of 70* expected, scattered showers in the forecast, low in the 40's. I NEED to give the rosemarys I have a trim, but now have Goriza, Tuscan Blue, and a prostate rosemary. Now to find a pot. Anything living longer than short term in the house is a no go unfortunately.
Visited a morning restaurant yesterday and had an expensive well worth it chicken salad sandwich. Name of restaurant? The Treehouse. Looks like you are deep in the swamps and extremely rustic buried in the yaupons, but very good food!

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Above freezing, but cloudy today.
We've been busy.
This was yesterday's work, picture at 7:30 this morning.
Upper cabinets in the finish room, first coat of poly.
This is what the end cabinet looks like.
9:45 AM, all cabinets in picture this morning have all back parts on.
This one is ready for finish.
These are cherry with no stain, going into a brand new house.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Winnetka, CA

Hey Ju.... hope you feel better soon!

I'm huffing and puffing and blowing my weather your way... cross your fingers that it makes it all the way! -:)

CountryGardens... love your sweet kitty photo!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

She sits a lot during the day watching the birds at the feeders.
Getting dark.
Going to watch Gopher basketball later.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Feeders appear to be a popular channel for all my animals as well, chuckl. cold front blew in-51* and dropping to 43* for dawn. Not like Ju that has really low temps.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Around 30 degrees , cold but not bad ,
Kitt Lots of birds at the feeder here also .

Nancy I will be glad when it gets here

CG lots of nice work for home charm ,

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Another mild January day. About 27º. From now until the 25th, are supposed to be the coldest weeks of the year. Looks like we are going to get that this year.

Was about to order the last of my seeds for this coming season. Got one order in. Went to the last one, their website said it was down because of heavy traffic.
Glad I got all my orders in early because lot of things are already "out of stock".
I put in my first orders in June. Saved a lot of money because of prices being higher now & I got in on some sales.
I don't know if I posted pictures of my seed storage unit.
Peanut butter jars, empty pill bottles, & small pill bottles, I bought on Amazon.
I have a inventory on excel. Each variety has a drawer number by it, so easy to find.
Computers are great.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens

Now that is good organization CG, bet you made it all too. I think more are doing gardening with the pandemic, staying home more. At least here in FL the garden centers are booming with business.

Saw TX had tornadoes last night.

We had a rain front come through during the night but wasn't much of a front, getting cooler again down to low 40's tonight, plants seem to have adapted to these forty degree nights. Hibiscus are the only plants looking peaked, and everyone's green lawns are brown from frost. .

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Same old story, cloudy & 20 some degrees.
I had the boxes for a number of years. We had a lot of scrap pieces in the shop, so built the cabinet.
I hope it keeps going like that, because we sell bedding plants & vegetable starts at the market.
We've been there so long, (36 years), that people come to us every year.
Some buy a lot, some just a few things. We did some large Zinnias a few years ago. One lady bought like 2 of them. She talked about them all summer. Now she buys more & then asks us if we will have them the next year.
We do lots of Coleus. Last year people were looking for Sun Coleus. I guess no one around town sold them. I have 7 different colors for this year.
Have a Great Day!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

30 degrees and sunny ,

CG ;looks good sounds nice

I love Coleus plants, surprised how cold hard some are, if under tree canopy.

36 degrees this morn, sunny, been in the upper 30's all night, frosty rooftops this morn. Should warm up today to low 60's.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

38* and steady drizzle all day has dropped to 36*. 1.75" up til 4pm, but my accuweather report is an idiot. NOT SNOW. That is sleet falling. I got the sago covered when it started tho, and it is lightly pittering on down still.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

28 degrees that is the high today , gray winter day

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Bright & Sunny, Windy 33º.

Hope the Sago survives, lots of my friends north are getting snow for the first time in years.

It's warmer this morning 60F but dark and cloudy, another front coming in, light rain expected. Won't get cooler until tomorrow. Was warm enough to go for a hike yesterday in the Wetlands...some gators and birds for ya.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

What a day for mid January.
41º, bright sun, no clouds, light wind.
Planning on selling some planters at market this year.
Came across a plan for a birdhouse planter that I thought was neat. So this morning I made one. As soon as I am done painting it, I will post a picture.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

CG! PLEASE do! Gray day, 46* feels colder. Running out of birdseeds in the South, chuckl- just wish the squirrels would leave the feeders be!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

37 degrees and sunny today past , around 20 or so tonight ,

CG sounds wonderful !!!

Sun love the pics , Gator says smile ,,

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

OK, here's the birdhouse planter.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

They call it a blizzard. No snow to speak of, little wind, warm,32º.
Not snowing. Roads closed all over.
Snowplow just went by. Nothing moving in front of his blade.
It was thawing yesterday. Yard was a muddy mess.

Cute planter, and my colors too, I'd buy it. Thanks Ju, the gators keep an eye on me when I take those pictures, they like to show some teeth. LOL.

41F this morn, today might see 70 briefly, but rain late tonight, more cold coming this weekend, some upper 30's again.

Pretty sunset last night.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

Cold hangs on here, 37F this morning, first winter in a long time that I've worn so many thick socks...LOL. My winter attire is pretty dated too. Looks like a warm up in the coming days. Thank goodness.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sun , 37 and sunny was our high for today past here Nice afternoon but the 20 to 23 degree nights need to go away ,

We've warmed up, 59F this morning, up to upper 70's today....feels more like Florida.

Hope you warm up too Ju.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Typical January weather lately. Cold mornings, near 30º afternoon.
It was 3º at 7AM.
Working on birdhouses today. Making 5 Robin houses-planters.
I send pictures after they are painted.

Looking forward to the birdhouse pics.

Cloudy 59F this morning, we're warming up the next four days we'll get into the low 80s. Rained yesterday, light and cool rain, much needed.

Spoonbills in flight

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

16º this morning.
Weathermen all said 4" - 12" . Some said 6" tops etc. They were all different, but were looking for a crippling amount.
We got 3" tops.
I saw something not long ago, the reason the Flamingo's are pink. It has to do with what they eat. Shell fish or something.
Happy Sunday to you!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Cold here about 19 degrees this morning frost covered roads , yucky forecast , it's winter here sure enough ,

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.