Best/Worse/What did I Learn today? Come sit a spell, a time to chat and come together!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Christmas Week, almost down to days
It was nice seeing Santa do a drive by Sunday, kids were so excited..

We came from here

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1545422/

Garbage is to the curb, craft room semi organized and is calling my name but after being up since 4:30 I decided to have s sit down, enjoy coffee and chelsey rolls Sharon dropped off Sunday night, Lordy almost forgot I had them...all eaten

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

looking good, Betty - very cozy 💕

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thanks Susan, cozy, big sigh, only time someone sits 8n that room is Christmas to open gifts..didn’t even put snowman tree up this year!!

Was asked to do 2 golf towels, nothing like leaving til a few days before..hoping nothing goes wrong as this gal won’t be going to Walmart for towels

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Isn't it? That is what I was thinking Susan.

I will certainly be spending at least part of my Christmas day in a car. I hate driving at night but granddaughter will not be available for pickup from her bio-dad until 6.30 PM Christmas evening, then the 2 hour drive to Wooten. It will be fine, I will pickup my grandson much earlier in the day from his mom, and 2 other granddaughters from their Dad, the 5 of us in my Honda CRV will be cozy! LOL

Victoria Harbour, ON

Mega driving Pat, will they stay through Christmas?
You made me laugh, used to travel all over with the grandson my little car, now the 4 could never fit but they have big cars/trucks so they could take grandma 😂

Was up middle of the night again, starting to tire..still have 1 golf towel to do..

My godson whom I did the 2 neckwarmers called, said he would see me some time after the new year when able..asked for my address, told him if sending a Christmas card just do it on messenger not through Canada post..said he still needed my address, hope he doesn’t send me Christmas flowers, I’m still walking around with Christmas florals in my hands trying to find a place to set them lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Well, maybe he has something special he saw that he wants to send you.

I will take all the kids to my son Adam & wife, then they are "home" for the rest of the Christmas holiday. The kids have JUST gone back to in-school rather than online the week that school let out for the holiday.

Adam's last day of work before Christmas is today & then he has to go back to work 12/26. He will go back to Wooten today & take the 2 boxes of gifts that are wrapped, I am not going to have much room in my rig for anything after I get those kids in!

My house is a mess and I hope to get some picking up & putting up down today. The texture is being done on the wall so I should be able to mop & dust, start to put some things back into the sewing area.

Sis asked me to make the French Breakfast puffs for their Christmas breakfast, she is running out of time. It just forces me to make some, I was thinking "I should" because Adam loves them so much, this just guarantees it will get done!

Marie's husband's legs are not getting better in spite of constant treatment. They are seeking approval for lympodemia treatment again. She cared for our Dad to varying degrees for 5 years, then he passed and less than a year later her husband's health deteriorated more and she is caregiver for him. With that much stress, for that long, it's a miracle she still has a head of hair!! (and she is still not as gray as me in spite of being 8 years older!)

Victoria Harbour, ON

Your slate is always full Pat..one thing you will not have to contend with is snow, hoping not..God bless her, can’t even fathom being a caregiver for someone so I’ll..let’s hope he gets approval for more treatment.

Sitting here with heating pad on my neck/back, trying to talk myself into getting Tylenol 3.

Karen said she can’t access dg??

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

one thing we liked to do on Christmas Day was to go out for brunch - guess not this year.
There's a major snow storm now, and all of Olds is closed down. We were going to go to Olds, then to Three Hills. Looks like the roads are clear to Three Hills. Watching for the wind reports though. Heard there were cars off the roads. That may be the main highway, but we use a secondary highway to go to Three Hills.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lordy Susan, when things go bad they really go bad.. maybe peanut butter and jam sandwiches while looking out the window seeing snow blow might be the think to do.

Drats, got to stop getting up middle of the night, laying on couch for several hours, just too tired to do anything...

Victoria Harbour, ON

Just climbed into bed, not sure where I found energy but i did, pie baking in the morning

Was going to post photo, won’t allow me to grrr

Night night

Victoria Harbour, ON

Another early morning start, hope you have a sunshine day
Imagine 2 more sleeps and it’s christmas..

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

This has been a crappy year, but it has gone quickly.

LindaK, LOL... I could NOT agree with you more! I have had other crappy years, but this one, yikes.

Verona, ON

I lost this thread somehow. I wondered why there were no posts.

Went to Foodland for 8 am and was able to get my groceries. I ended up getting a Butterball frozen stuffed turkey breast. I've had it before and it is tasty. I also got shrimp so will have that Christmas Eve. I think I have lobsters in the freezer and some scallops so might do a seafood dish. Only problem is I don't know how to make a small dish. I got home and realized I forgot lard. I had wanted to make sausage rolls. Not sure I will go back unless I go at 8 am tomorrow. The weather will determine if I go or not.

Safe travels to all of you out on the roads. I hope Karen made it to Michigan safely.

What kind of pies did you make Betty ? Wass it "yes" pie ?

Oh Susan we are expecting rain and it will probably be freezing rain at some point. I would gladly take the snow over the rain.

Stay safe and well.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Evening, just ran my bath then it’s to bed I go..Sharon just dropped 8n on her way to midland Pharmacy, she has a bad bladder infection, lucky the doctor on call for hers was willing to write a script, guess with seeing she has had same last few months it wasn’t a problem.

I’m with you guys, never saw a year go by so quickly, guess it was all the drama of the year.

Dianne, I never think of sausage rolls, love them but never think of making them. Here is hoping the storm they are calling to blow in tonight isn’t in neither of our areas..

Got everything done that was on my list for today and a few extra,s.

My godson and his wife Penny sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers..
Mom got me 3 elves and a snowman..I delivered gifts, no contact drop offs and made pies..

Tomorrow I have to do fill 2 lemon and do the meringue and I’m ready for Santa...

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Maybe if I do 1 at a time it will allow me to post photos

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Verona, ON

That looks like "yes" pie to me Betty.

How many are you feeding Betty? Those pies look good.
Beautiful gifts you received too.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Christmas Eve morning greetings everyone.

Lindakay, there is just mom, Sharon and I tomorrow, all one house dwellers. Called family and told them to pick up pies, always freeze what is left over..

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

I lost you guys! I was wondering why no new posts, and here you have been busy posting lots of photos!!

Just stopping by to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! I've still got a little running to do today, a little wrapping to finish, and then I'll probably just put on a Christmas movie tonight. Tomorrow, I'll go to my son's house.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Glad you won’t be alone Deb..your evening sounds wonderful..miss singing Christmas carols.

Quiet day here, you can tell mom has had nobody to gab to, I’ve listened to her all day, I’m tired, I’d love to go to bed. She was telling me her feet were freezing so I gave her one of her Christmas presents early.

Dianne, are you getting the storm they called for

Must be heading our way tomorrow..

Greg came and got pies, imagine they will shortly have their Christmas dinner.

This message was edited Dec 25, 2020 7:01 AM

Merry Christmas everyone.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Merry Christmas Everyone.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Merry Christmas everyone..hope you have a joyful day..

Wind is howling and we’ve had quite a storm raging out there,, just had to have a blizzard this Christmas Day so I guess I ought to get dressed and get some shovelling done..

Anyone cooking Christmas breakfast!

Verona, ON

Merry Christmas everyone.

We have had pouring rain for the last 2 days and it has finally stopped. I'll consider it a Christmas miracle as it was supposed to rain all day again today. If it had been snow no one would be moving for days.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Still snowing here a bit Dianne.. I’m thankful we didn’t get the rain as I’d be,worried re flooding.it was drizzling for awhile, for us it’s good news. So when the wind gets up no squalls.

I shovelled right to back shed this morning..am hoping tomorrow I can fill totes and put Christmas away.. better times 2021!

Just cooked a big breakfast for mom and I, should keep us till 2pm turkey dinner

Best I do my hair and get dressed,

Yesterday I delivered French Breakfast Puffs to my Sister & family, and my brother & wife. Traditionally we always served those warm on Christmas day. Made and delivered sugar cookies, rice krispy treats as well. I am not seeing any of them on Christmas day. Adam scooped up all the "extras" and took them home to Wooten.

I pick up all the grandkids today and we drive to their home in Wooten. It is too bad we had to go SOOO late, (Samantha's father will not relinquish her until 6.30PM), Oh well! I am going to make special snack bags for the kids for the 2 hour drive there. I will just stay busy here until it's time to start picking up kids.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a MUCH BETTER 2021 !! (because all know 2020 was miserable!)

Pacifica, CA

Wishing you all a merry christmas.

Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

All the best this Holiday Season, and, I sincerely hope that 2021 will be a MUCH better year ..
Stay safe everyone ..

We got about 20 INCHES of snow over Wed/Thursday .. lots of shoveling and ploughing going on .. Lorna put 8 hours on her ATV, and BOY did she do a good job !! Can tell she used to plough the 401, she has NO fear !! :-)

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

Waving to all..
Glad Christmas 2020 is all but over.

Mega snow fall here as well “M” can just see Lorna doing the clean up enjoying every minute of it... know I will be out first thing in the morning doing my decks and pathways, not looking forward to it.

Liz, bet you are saying ‘you guys can keep the snow’ lol

patthat is so sad when parents take it out on kids, only hurt8ng the kids..know it was a hard day for you, 1st Christmas without you hubby..hugs

Omg there is so much food here, I cooked enough for 20..

I ended seeing all but 2 of my grands, was an open house..started this morning with Jeff and Caleb driving up from the city, did breakfast..later Sharon came, she cooked a 20lb turkey, was so moist..she ate and left.. Greg/Mel and Noah who are in my bubble dropped in, they had already eaten..amongst it all I did not have eats..
Just here relaxing while mom is here gabbing on telephone.

Put my Christmas $$$ together, kids told me I can now afford a new sewing machine, saying no thanks as I have far too many as it is but am sure I’ll find something to treat myself.

Best get a move on, try to see where I can put all this food..think I’ve 6 pies left over.
Freezer is full otherwise I’d put pies in freezer.

Sounds like everyone had a good day. We too have too much food.

Pacifica, CA

Wishing you all a merry christmas.

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas!

Went to my son's house early for a couple hours, along with my daughter, to open gifts, then went back later in the day for a big Christmas dinner along with some of my son's girlfriends family. It was a nice day, but, I'm glad that's done!

Today I should head out today and get the emissions test done on my car. My license plates expire at the end of the year, and I have to pass the emissions test before I can get my new sticker for my plates. It's bright and sunny, but still cold.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Afternoon..

Sounds like a nice morning Deb, we did have emission tests but you know I think they stopped doing the tests, will have to ask. When do you go back to work?

Today is a ‘push Betty to the brink of exhaustion’ kind of day...

Was up early, shovelled for 1 1/2 hrs and started to put Christmas away, filling all the totes but have to get to town for about 20 rolls of silver tape and 3-4 more totes..hoping to do that in the morning..get all totes taped up ready for back shed and post on Victoria Harbour Hub that I am looking for someone for an hour work.

Lordy you sure make a mess trying to clean up things, can relax when it’s done, well not quite, can use a full day cleaning my craft room, big sigh

Don't forget to label you totes.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I was really good at doing that Lindakay..
A
Other than totes in the house waiting for me to tape top to it to prevent mice getting in, there is no sign of Christmas..a

Going to head to bed, know not nice but mom has not stopped talking since she got here..I’m used to being quiet..

Sometimes taking ourselves to bed IS the kindest thing we can do for everyone!!

It started snowing like crazy about 1, Jason did relent and say he would meet at 4, he got there at 5!!! If I had known he would be 5, I could have picked up all the other kids and been ready to get Sam and go!!! But at least we were on the road by 6. NOT my favorite kind of driving and I was headed up into the mountains, so I expected WORSE weather. Pleasantly surprised the further from home I got, the better the roads. Normally a 2 hour drive for Adam, took me 3 with the snow and kids on unfamiliar mountain roads, about 10 of it on gravel. .

It was fun watching the kids open their gifts, I do not think I would volunteer for driving duty again at Christmas. TOO MUCH pressure. IF I did not feel it was safe on the roads, it would have been difficult to say that I am NOT going when all the kids were here in town with me committed to delivering them to my son & wife!! 3 teens across in my back seat was mighty uncomfortable for them!

I can't wait for bed tonight. MY own bed, no dogs, no little kids and laughing teens to all hours of the night.

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Hope everyone had a good Christmas - stress of 2020 aside, and family "issues", I hope it was at least peaceful for everyone and that you did what you needed & wanted.

I went overboard, of course - if you're going to have Christmas (and I always DO!) I feel I need to go "over the top" (you understand what that is, I know). We had our neighbour over for dinner. She took her dad (that she lives with) to the hospital, and now she can hardly visit him. She took presents we got for him to the hospital, and they will give them to him later. He won't open them until she can visit. Frankly, as he's an abusive parent, she's happy that she Can't visit him often. She loves him, but 2 hours worth of driving, and 8 hour visit......... she has no life from day to day.

Today is the 3rd anniversary of my mom's passing. Although she was ready to go, at age 98, I'm still sad. I came across a Christmas card she sent us the year we moved to Calgary and it was so wistful and talked about how she'd miss us. I could hear her voice in the card. Ah well.

Always hard to go through Christmas and know we are missing loved ones.

Yes, I pray it gets easier. Sometimes I just lose it, I miss Ben so much. I try to remember and appreciate the things I can do that would have been impossible while he was still living. I could not have taken Ben with me to Wooten and I could not have left him alone either.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.