Coleus

Grantsboro, NC(Zone 8b)

I have returned. Quiet a number of years since I posted. I had 3 coleus this year. Had to believe before the Hurricane Irene I had 81. I plan on getting my lie together and starting again.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Welcome back Lavina Mae. I am in the process of propagating mine for over the winter. I have the cutting in pond water and perlite. Seems to be working great. Need abut another week and the roots will be about an inch long and I can put them in perlite and peat moss. I try every year and usually get a few to over winter. But I just keep trying. So sorry about your loss of your coleus. I will take a photo tomorrow of my cuttings so you can see what I am attempting. Maybe you will have some good ideas. Keith Irvine is on DG and he does great with coleus. He has a very short growing season in Canada but does an amazing job. I am 78, a widow and lived in Las Vegas since 1960. Current home I have been in 19 years.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

LaVina Mae, I took some photos of my coleus cuttings today so you could see my progress. Unfortunately, they do not show in my photo library. I will need to get my grandson over to see what I have done wrong.

Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

The photos finally showed up. My cutting are in KOI pond water and perlite. Majority are rooted. Next task is to plant them in soil. Using perlite and peat moss. Guess that is not soil. Have a great Tuesday.

Thumbnail by WormsLovSharon Thumbnail by WormsLovSharon Thumbnail by WormsLovSharon

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.