Zinnias are a hobby of mine

Ottawa, KS(Zone 5b)

Zinnias are an annual flower that comes in a variety of flower colors, flower forms, and plant variations. They are relatively easy to cross-pollinate, and they can be grown indoors during the Winter. I will be planting a few of my "breeder" zinnias indoors this week. These are some photos of my indoor zinnias from previous years. I am starting this message thread because things seem to be rather slow in Dave's Garden this time of year.

Thumbnail by Zen_Man Thumbnail by Zen_Man Thumbnail by Zen_Man Thumbnail by Zen_Man Thumbnail by Zen_Man
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

Great to see you. Maybe I will learn something this time around. I live in Las Vegas and some years I have a terrific crop and some are bleak. I love zinnias and also enjoy your expertise.

Ottawa, KS(Zone 5b)

Hi Sharon,

I have a liking for unusual flower forms in zinnias. These appealed to my funny bone. Their petals seem to end in "open hands". Especially that last one.

ZM

This message was edited Dec 6, 2020 1:57 AM

Thumbnail by Zen_Man Thumbnail by Zen_Man Thumbnail by Zen_Man Thumbnail by Zen_Man Thumbnail by Zen_Man
Las Vegas, NV(Zone 9a)

I have followed you for many years but my DH got sick and then died. It has been 1 1/2 years and I am doing well and saw your post and thought I would follow you again. I always have loved your unusual zinnias. Always fun to see. Thanks for sharing.

Ottawa, KS(Zone 5b)

Sharon,

My condolences. Here are five more pics of past-year breeders.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We start & sell bedding plans at our Farmers Market. People are discovering Zinnias.
I have seed for Benary's mix, Candy Cane & Burpeeana Giants this year. I hope they all sell well.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.