December 2020 Weather chat room and pics...all welcome!!!

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Florida starting out December with a cold day. Front came in yesterday, not much rain, it lasted maybe 15 minutes and then the sun and wind came. It was 47F when I got up at sunrise and has dropped since, it is now 43 at almost 9AM, sunny, breezy and BRRRR. High today supposed to be 54F at 3PM, then down to 39F by tomorrow dawn.
Pic is yesterday morning when the sunrise and front coming in, was really pretty bright orange.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Midnite today started at 32* but hit a low of 30* and the water bowl on the front porch had at least .25" ice. Up to 56* today and beautiful sunshine. Lots of plants were bit, but I was ready for them and everything else is in the house under timed lights. Low tonite will be 50* and another front pushing in- maybe with rain.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Cold ,snowy ,windy and about 23 degrees here

It was much colder than they predicted here, they said 40F, but at midnight it dropped below that and kept going down, by dawn it was 36F, finally back up to 40 at 8AM.

Should warm up to 60 today, yesterday never got out of the mid 50's, low tonight upper 40's for about 8-10 hours. Sunny and calm. Tender plants look ok so far.

Moon over my house last night.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Lookin at snow north of me- winter has hit the plains of Kansas/Oklahoma. 60* today. lo tonite 38* but the rain is moving out...hard rain, I actually have a few mud puddles.

Yeah, lots of my FB friends north posted snow pics, lots of it.

Cold is staying strong, only got up to 58F yesterday for like an hour. Last night all night hovered between 42-44, still 46F at 8:20AM. Supposed to warm up to low 70's...we'll see.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

2" rains yesterday, stiff winds bringing 56* down to 43* feels like in a weak sun. Went to Dr to drop something off, asked for bpressure read and they wouldn't let me go, chuckl. 192/109 got me a dose of another med, but it dropped and I went home. Told double the doses on what I am taking. Felt good enough to run the vacuum, but wasn't venturing outdoors today, brrrr.

We have cool temps again this morning, was 42F at dawn, sunny and calm. High today 59F and low tonight 39F. Getting use out of my fuzzy socks. Garden holding it's own, just a wee bit of frost damage on some plants, my Cuban oregano got hit pretty bad.

Simba and Bear keeping warm and cozy

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Not at home today, but 48* was cold to me. 78* for a high while splitting wood today. Am near Texarkana for a few days. Beautiful day.

Cold hanging on here, a little warmer than yesterday morning, it is 44F supposed to warm up for a week, today might see 70F.
Enjoy that 78F Kitt, I miss it. LOL

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Same morning here, yup, I am loving it. 38* with the sun up now, high of 77* expected today, My sisters front porch looking south

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

27 degrees and snow , Computer went down , took a while to get back ,

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Wow, look at all that snow, pretty this time of year.

We've been having some nice days, today a cold front coming in, so heavy rain later this late afternoon, going to have cold nights for a couple nights, hopefully above 39F.

Lots of Christmas Lights up this year.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sun pretty decor and lights ,
about 24 degrees here , it's cold again ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Well. I have a real winter here. 32* @ minight, low for the night down to 28*, oonly 35* now. Shiver. May need to arrange more frost covers this year. Onions sprouting, lets plant, chuckl

Thumbnail by kittriana

41 predawn, so not too bad, No frost. Upper 50's today Sunny. Low 47F tonight. Warmer and rain by the end of the weekend, another cool front. Looks like Christmas will be COLD this year.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I don't know what is going on. I have thread set for "Watch" but never got brought here. Happened to see a post from today. I am confused.
Anyhow we are having a great winter, cool but not cold. Average high should be 27º, it gets to the high 20's, low 30's & even 40º everyday. Sunny most days, no snow.
Working on kitchen that has cherry wood.
Here's a couple pictures of work so far. Clamped up pieces are the cabinet ends.
The bookcase pictured, we delivered on Tuesday. People were very happy.
It's 72 " tall & 68" wide. Made of Oak. All 1 piece.
Also a vanity I goofed on the size. It was supposed to be 42" wide & I made it 48".
Put it on a for sale site here & it sold in 2 days. Man drove over 150 miles to pick it up. It is quarter sawn Oak.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

CG we are starting new threads each month. A link jumps us from the last months thread to this, but sometimes it is just better to post on the new thread, then 'unwatch' the old for the follow thru. I am wondering if that new site they have started is causing ripples here.
60* here, but with the wind from the south, it is a warm, soft gorgeous 60*. When the wind shift to the north later today, I figure the air will be a bit more sharp. Rained hard, I need to check the rain gauge as temps drop to 40* tonight - I think I forgot to reseat it when we were dragging dead branches past it yesterday, but it has rained hard enough to let the wet weather creek fill. 2 and 5/16" so far

Thumbnail by kittriana
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

They are goofing us up, because I was watching this thread, not old.
Anyway a balmy 22º here, but the sun just came out.
Looks like a brown Christmas, but who cares with all the crap going on.
Nothing open here other than stores.
150 bars & restaurants were going to open last night against the governor's order.
Haven't heard how that's going.
Have a Great Day!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

sunny and 40 degrees

CG, cabinets look awesome, boy I could use some new cabinets in my kitchen.

Cool night in mid 40's, now at pre-dawn, warming up today to mid 70's, partly cloudy. Gonna get warmer tomorrow, maybe even 80 which we've not seen much of in weeks, but rain by tomorrow night, and then down to freezing by Christmas night. Like I don't have enough to do, gotta protect plants too. ((sigh))

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Merry Christmas to all you weather people.

White Christmas it is here in MN. Snow started noon on Wednesday. NW winds up to 61 MPH. Blizzard conditions started at 2 PM. Major highways closed at 4:30 PM.
$1000.00 fine if drive around the barricades. National guard called out at 6 PM to rescue stranded motorists. Storm shelter were opened up in various location.
Our electric went out at 4:30 PM. Came back on at 8:30 AM yesterday. (House got a little cool!)
The big winds get the high line wires to start bouncing, wrapping them around each other and breaking things on the poles. Because of the extreme cold and no visibility the power lines crews were pulled in until the wind let up.
Today is sunny and looking for 20º.
Have a Great Day!
We had 7" of snow.

This message was edited Dec 25, 2020 9:49 AM

Oh wow CG, I had no idea, haven't been following the country weather last few days, Do you have fireplaces? Some here have gas heat, we have electric.

33F this morning, sunny and breezy, real feel...COLD. LOL.

Merry Christmas to everybody, a day late.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

90% electric, even my wood shop.
We use fuel oil in the greenhouses.
19º & sunny.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

CG Happy New Year back to you
A much nicer 34 degree day after a bitter cold yesterday and last night , around 11 degrees and 20 mph wind it was

I have a Kerosene salamander I keep for outages Smells , but it does just fine ,

Gotta stay warm somehow.

Warming up here, was 50° this morning. It should get to mid 70's...My favorite temps.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I'm sitting in my office watching the birds at the feeders on our deck. Can't believe how much they eat. A Cardinal has been here all morning. He is going to get so heavy he won't be able to fly. LOL!
22º & starting to snow. Storm going through south of us. We are supposed to get snow, but nobody seems to know how much. Should be gone by midnight.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Here's pics of the Cardinal.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens

Cardinal pics are pretty, gotta fatten up for the cold.

Weather the same today as yesterday, more clouds though.

Christmas cactus blooming, had to move it into the FL room, got too cold outside.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Started out at 22º. Getting colder & wind is stronger.
We got maybe 2" of snow. Not quite the 6 to 7" they said we would get. I think they like to cover their butt.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Rainy here today, temps not dropping til tomorro, 73* I think was high, 63* tomorro, 57* high for New Years. My sister has her soapstone stove if electric goes out, we are just electric down here in the country. Luckily our cold spells usually never last more than 2 or 3 days, I would be piled in my bed on top of and surrounded by pillows if I had CG's weather. Not sure how much of rain we have had today, it was hard enough the creek was running full, so maybe 2 or 3" with rain tomorro expected too.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Rainy here today, temps not dropping til tomorro, 73* I think was high, 63* tomorro, 57* high for New Years. My sister has her soapstone stove if electric goes out, we are just electric down here in the country. Luckily our cold spells usually never last more than 2 or 3 days, I would be piled in my bed on top of and surrounded by pillows if I had CG's weather. Not sure how much of rain we have had today, it was hard enough the creek was running full, so maybe 2 or 3" with rain tomorro expected too.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Don't worry, I have plenty of blankets & quilts on my bed.
20º this morning with clearing and warm up coming. Sunday through Thursday will be in the 30's.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

We ended up with 4.75" thru the night. It is still drizzly, slightly foggy and comfortably @ 56* warm . Even the dogs weren't interested in stepping out yet. Had a visitor on the back porch, chuckl, it left little raccoon muddy tracks on the porch,but washed them in the water bowl out there. Says it will make it to 62* today, but rain til late afternoon.

New weather chat thread.... https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1545997/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.