my neighbor and I have been gardening public land

Rincon, PR

I discovered a bucket on my way to the public beach in Puerto Rico that led me to my mystery man. After finding the perfect bucket for my guerrilla garden, I noticed that someone had also planted trees nearby.

It feels great to know that I'm not the only one growing food by the beach. Someone's got to feed the iguanas - they eat almost anything!

Alexis, my neighbor, and his friends started a food forest where I started growing. He's trying to restore the forest since the public beach access was created. He explains how he wants to grow a big canopy for shade and fruit trees.

This guerrilla gardening space is perfect for local fruit, chocolate, and all sorts of beautiful trees - even the singing tree.

Alex runs a local water sport company in Rincon, Puerto Rico. You can surf, snorkel, paddle board, fish, explore islands and check out all the best island views with him! They're dedicated to stopping the destruction of the earth just like the Grow Network.

Learn more about the importance of guerrilla gardening here:

https://youtu.be/7Nz1myW61hw

Why not grow food abundantly on public land? We're in this together.

Tell me about your experience guerrilla gardening! Comment below --->

Thumbnail by MarjoryWildTGN
Edmonton, Canada

I want to do this. The possibilities are endless. I also plan on putting down rock dust and seaweed to introduce new and rare nutrients and see if it increases the vitality of the plants.

Rincon, PR

Quote from mike_cote :
I want to do this. The possibilities are endless. I also plan on putting down rock dust and seaweed to introduce new and rare nutrients and see if it increases the vitality of the plants.

good on you dude! You should totally do it. And if you want to learn more on how you can literally grow and forage, check out my event coming up in May: https://growsystemsummit.com/register/?oid=110&affid=132

Keep it up! You're making a huge difference for future generations.

This message was edited May 4, 2021 6:03 PM

Edmonton, Canada

Looks like i missed another year doing this (unhappy yet determined face)
Maybe i could still do some late crop/flowers.

Rincon, PR

Quote from mike_cote :
Looks like i missed another year doing this (unhappy yet determined face)
Maybe i could still do some late crop/flowers.

Well I wonder what you can do to plant in the fall and have new starts in early spring? hmmm...

This message was edited Jul 21, 2021 1:44 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.