Morning Glories 2020 #11

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1544654

More pics from ;last year

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms and plants Jackie.

Thanks for the new room.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms from last year and previous thread Jackie.
Still cool mornings but warming up by mid morning. It was a beautiful sunny day, I had butterflies and hummingbird in the garden. The mgs are not liking this cold weather.
I had a monarch butterfly using the flowers. I think it's a female, a traveler, healthy for going to Mexico I think. I've had weaker ones lay eggs and yep I have at least 6 baby caterpillars again. I had bad luck with my last batch of caterpillars I'm sure it was from the new plants I bought from lowe's. But I had to try to raise these.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Beautiful Monarch butterflies and red blooms Helena,.
Cold here at night too but warming up during the day. In a couple of days, it will get up in the 70's for 5 or 6 days. I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts..

Beautiful butterfly Helena. Good luck raising them.

One mg blooming in the green house
Spec Mg 1 and 2

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms Jackie. So sad to see them coming to an end for the year.

Thanks Linda. Makes me sad too.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms on your spec mg. Love the color.
I worked outside on my greenhouse but need to finish today. It was a bit hard getting the pins over the panel being up high on a ladder. My gh was already damaged from a branch falling on it last year.The panels will have to be replaced sometime in the future. I still have to clean out my gh and start placing the plants I want to keep for next year. I also took off the rusted leaves of the mgs that still have seeds to ripen and maybe have another bloom or two on them. Still too much to do.

Thanks Helena,
Oh ny gosh Helena,. be careful on that ladder. I can;t even look at a ladder without getting dizzy, lol.
Good that you removed the leaves with rust from your mg's Helena. That's what has kept me from getting any sds on my pandy for over 5 or 6 yrs.
Maybe you can get your older gson to help you replace the panels in your g house,

This message was edited Nov 6, 2020 12:00 PM

I agree with Jackie. Please get some help. We don't need to read you fell and broke something.

Gautier, MS

All is well with me, lol. I did the hard part already. I'm not very patient on waiting on others.
I took pics of late bloomers from my tropical plants. Salvia Iodantha, Micropetala or candy corn, can't remember of last hummer plant and a mg with defects.
Guess I'm going to start looking at old mg pics of my blooms. Hoping for a better growing next year.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Love your blooms this morning Helena. Pretty mg and your candy corn looks better than mine. I need to take cuttings and try again. mine is looking rough.
I've seen that last bloom but can't recall the name,.It's very pretty.
Hoping we all have a better growing yr in 2021.

I agree. Beautiful blooms. Is that last one a cigar or firecracker plant?

The next to the last one is the cigar plant or also called candy corn
Both are Cuphea's

Thanks for the information.

You're welcome Linda,

Our last warm day is today. We've had beautiful weather for 10 days or more.
I hate to see it end but we will still have temps in the 60;s for a while.
From last year
the 2nd pic is one of my favorites of all time blue LYK

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

We are still in the 80's. At least this week.

Beautiful blooms Jackie. That blue is so pretty.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. That blue is very pretty and so are the others.
Glad you both had nice weather. It's been nice here too except for today it was a bit cloudy and we had a bit of rain.
These two pics are from two days ago, Indica bloomed again today but I just didn't feel like taking pictures. I'm still taking care of my monarch caterpillars. All but one is left to form chrysilas. I have two other containers with 2 medium size and another with even smaller ones.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks ladies.
Helena, beautiful indica. What is that pretty blue bloom. # 2 pic?
I'm glad you take care of the butterflies and help increase their numbers.
I had a bloom on my special mg in the g house.
My Antigonon has never bloomed. No wonder it was in a pot with only 2 inches of potting mix. I finally got it repotted and hoping for blooms this coming summer.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Good morning ladies.
Nice to see your beautiful blooms today. Love the caterpillar photo too.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. Jackie those two blooms are from Indica, 2nd bloom was just a lighter blue.
My last caterpillar from the first group found a spot to turn into a J, four days after the others. I'm keeping a record of how many days it takes them to emerge (eclose).
Jackie, love your special mg, it's really pretty colors. Glad you repotted your antigonon, that looks familiar leaves, what is the common name for it? I think I have one too.
Late summer I bought some herbs and they are doing pretty good. Fennel and Cilantro, Dill is flowering , Parsley and 2 mg seeds pop up after the rain. First bloom from my red passion flower. The herbs are also larva food for the swallowtail caterpillars if I should be lucky to get them next year, will be growing them again. My neighbor has a large Tulip tree and I think thats what they feed on.

This message was edited Nov 11, 2020 8:39 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, I wondered if that lighter blue could also be indica, Kinda threw me since it was so much lighter. I think my vine might do that too.
Beautiful red passion flower, wish I could grow them. Your herbs for the cats look healthy
I had to look up the common name for the Antigonon vine. It's coral vine. love vine or hearts on a chain, sometimes called Mexican love vine.

Beautiful blooms Helena. Your herbs look healthy.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I'm still procrastinating in getting things done here even with this nice weather.
I have to google about that other vine. My indica had 3 more pretty blooms. It has been taking over my back yard and now even trying to go to the neighbors yard wth a bloom over his shed. It had another light bloom with the vine on the ground. Still have lots of salvias blooming and tropicals too.
The first 2 sets of pics are the same mgs just wanted to show the light indica and dark bloom. My phone refused to download my other pictures, will wait till later, missing the pic of indica on neighbors side over shed.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Lovely indica's Helena and beautiful white mg.
Your tropical's are gorgeous, love the yellow Hibiscus.
I lost my original indica 2 summers ago but it had sent runners into the pot sitting next to it and took up residence there, I'm so glad it did. It sends down roots wherever it travels. Would
love to see your pic of your neighbors shed with the indica bloom.

Beautiful blooms Helena. Glad you are still getting blooms.

My Count Drac is eat up with spider mites. When I enlarged one of my pics (not this one)
I can see the webs. Will try to spray tomorrow.
Here's a bloom on my black eyed susan
The bug ridden Count Drac
Spec mg opened one more bloom

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Hope you can spray tomorrow for those spider mites.

Thanks Linda, if I don't they could spread to other plants in that area. I need to
spray my blue pea vine too. the spider mites love it just as much if not more.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda an Jackie.
Beautiful blooms Jackie. Love your special mg. Hope you are able to get rid of the spider mites.
Here's a picture of the indica above neighbors shed. I took a picture of my lavender later in the afternoon after it changed to a pretty pink color. It was open all day today too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Oh my. I love those photos. Beautiful colors.

Helena, its amazing how far the indica can travel.
Your pink is gorgeous even if it started out lavender. You
had some lovely pinks this yr,
I didn't get to spray today, maybe tomorrow.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Lina and Jackie. I was glad to have all the early pinks but disappointing that I didn't get a single seed from the fancy ones.
Hope you got to spray your plants Jackie. I'm still procrastinating on getting things done. Feels very cool this morning. Got a bloom from indica on the ground, yes it is amazing how many runners this vine has produced.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Lovely indica this morning Helena, she's picture perfect. Hate it that I didn't get any
blooms on mine this yr,. My fault for not having enough soil in the pot.
I did get my spraying done, but I used that 3 in 1, Hope it works,
I loved your new pink mg's this yr. One of your early ones was Pretty Woman or
Pink Woman, she was a beauty.

Beautiful bloom Helena.

Jackie, I hope that spray works for you.

Me too Linda. It's supposed to be really good for spider mites. If it doesn't do a good job. I'll find my regular spray.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Lina and Jackie.
Jackie, I think I did get a few seeds from Pretty woman. I'll have to start sorting the seeds soon and send you some. I've been really bad these last few years in letting things go. I'm nursing a cold now too but getting a bit better.
Have not been out on this cool morning but do have to do some chores outside.
Hope your spraying works on the spider mites, think one of the reasons I delayed in getting my plants into the gh since when it warms up the bugs love it in there.

Glad your cold symptoms are getting better Helena. I'm trying so hard not to catch
a cold or Covid.
You're right Helena, the bugs get terrible in the g house in the winter, gets too hot and dusty in there which invites the mites and all kinds of pests.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.