October weather chat 2020....Bring it on FALL..

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Fall is here in Florida...started last two days in the mid 60's, sunny and just barely making 80F, that's much cooler for us.

Hope to see fall color from you all....all I have is Crotons.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

about 39 tonight was a cool ,few sprinkles day a nice 4o clock hour ,

Forsythia

Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

We shook out the rugs, but morning repose on the front porch is beautiful.
59* heading for 82*

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Forgot to wait on the picture

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sun the croton had not been there or your post when I was here before , Nice plant I have one 4 ft tall .

Kitt Great view , some light rain , mostly 60 degree days ,high 30's at night , brrr ,,

This whole post disappeared right after I posted it, so had to do it again.
Love the porch view Kitt.
We've had a rainy weekend, combo front and tropical storm, started cool and now it's muggy, still cloudy and drippy.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

A 54 degree ,rainy day here , frost advisory for tonight

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

86* hi today, 71* now almost midnight. Our lows are hovering at night tween 65* to 56* each night. I was watching Dish tv (ch 199) and found where my black cat Shadow has been hunting, chuckl. It was a beautiful Sunday.

Thumbnail by kittriana

Back to normal summer temps here, the hurricane in Gulf pulling out moisture away, so no rain either.

SpaceX Falcon 9 contrail yesterday morning, forgot to grab my phone when it went off, could see it pretty good, so this is all I got afterwards from my backyard.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

High 88* today before the storms move in. Still sunny outside, still too dry. Tending chores, brush pile is still smoking and burning and am raking up pine needles and keeping an eye open for timber rattlers.

We're heading to WV for a week tomorrow, will be nice to leave this heat behind, should finally be cooler when we get back. Today up to 90 again. Been seeing lots of snakes around here lately.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

92* sun soaking heavy into everything, no breeze, humidity low, Fall has failed.

We're back from WV, had some pretty good temps there, nice break from the 90's here but not too cold, even had shorts on one day. Hit the fall color at peak, but boy does it fade fast.
Here at home bit cooler in the mornings, 70F this morn, up to 85 today.

Some fall colors from WV for you all...the fourth pic shows the roof of my friend's cabin we stay in.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

We are miserable at high 80's (89* today) no wind and the heat just sits on ya. Just waiting on something to break out there.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

50's and 60's , rain all day all night tonight all day yesterday and night before soggy here

Sun really nice country , the pic's

Kitt chills will get there

Thanks Ju, it was really pretty there.

We've had three days of off and on rain, some heavy, keeps coming in from the east. Muggy mid 80's.

News said we're going to have one of the warmest winters on record this year, guess in a way that is good, I won't have to worry about protecting plants.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Somehow I lost track of this forum.
Anyway, we had 4" of snow on Tuesday. Lot of it still on the ground.
Only 32º to day, so not melting much.
Gardening is done for this year. It was a good year as rain came when we needed it and not a flood.
I have been planning for next year & ordering seed. Lots of companies ran out this past spring. So I, so far have got what I wanted.
Still have a bunch of flowers to order, but I will wait until later as they are expensive.
Bernie
Deer in our yard almost everyday.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Here too, the deer pass thru the backyard or go around the back of the garden, 86* today, cutting old beds to the ground to decide what to do with them, burning leaves and most of them aren't falling yet. Fog every morning, mowed today and there is fine sand for a yard that is 6" deep it is so dry. Thinning plants that are growing too crowded and faster than I can eat them. Still have no room to replant anything. So very dry, probably an extra warm winter here too.

Bernie, I'm glad it was a good year for you, snow already, wow.
Yes, TX is listed as one of the states to be extra warm this winter.

Looks like more rain later today, nice and clear and bit cooler this morning, up to 84F. We're heading to Silver Springs to do some camping and kayaking for a few days.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

No rain today, the front moved in and 86* turned into 70* while the sun was up. Had wind warnings of possible 100mph gusts coming in- I lost one tree but thought I was about to have them on the house, 1130pm and it is 56* outside. Winds died down tho, all is calming down after the windy beginning.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Has the new saliva test for covid-19 started in your area yet ?
It starts today here in Mankato, MN. You walk in spit in a cup, give them you e-mail or phone number and results come in 48 hrs.
They hope that people that come up positive will stay home or be careful not to spared it.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I haven't been looking for Covid testing to be honest. It was a chilly beautiful day. I could hear chainsaws all up and down the neighborhood. We hired a large lift and took down the oaks and pines that seem to have curled back over the roof. The trees you call widowmakers when they decide to fall. The pine is not yet all the way down, but removing those lower branches made it stand at least 10 feet higher. For now, the wood is burning, without smoke, and I can see neighbors who were cutting today all have their bonfires lighting up the back yard. Quite the heat glowing in that fire, so nice to sit and watch it glowing after supper. We will start again in the morning and keep feeding the fire in bits as we cut.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

What. did you have storm or something else ?
Snowing this morning, 25º.
Maybe warm up mid week.

Wow Kit, was that a cold front? I’m camping in Ocala and haven’t paid much attention, it’s been nice here. I do see yet another hurricane in Gulf, where’d that come from?

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

That testing is limited here cool 50 degree day cloudy

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

CG, we have had a ton of drouth, but when we put the house in 21 years ago those trees weren't as big. They are too close to the house and if we had a wind they would have taken out every one of the bedrooms. With drouth the branches drop for trees to survive. We are having a couple of cool fronts, but 74* was great today. Tuesday will bring us back down into the 60's and I hope that chance of rain becomes real.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sorry to hear that. Back in 1976 I lived in Brainerd, MN area. Extreme drought for this part of the country. Corn was chopped for silage as it had no ears for grain. I was cutting trees and had a sawmill & sold rough lumber. People started calling me in the fall, as those giant White Pines were dead. These trees were over 100 tears old. Seemed like such a waste.
We had 1½" of snow yesterday. Only 18º now. Supposed to get to 55º by Friday.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

44 degrees high of 56 today ,it has rained every night for a week here

Wow 18 degrees and snow.

Not here, it got up to 90 today, I'm back home from camping, one more hot day, a front will be here dawn Friday, much more pleasant temps, Halloween will be second full moon of the month.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Almost spring today. 48º & sunny.
Weather jumps around a lot here. That's why we pack shorts & a heavy coat when we travel.

LOL 48F is winter to me.

It got up to a muggy 90F yesterday.
The front came through quietly during the night, clear and cooler this morning, windows opened, cats happy. Only up to mid 70's today, low 60's tonight.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

55* going down to46* tonite, clear skies and I hear the moon is a Blue moon and the first Halloween full moon since 1944, awesome. I am cold, I just am cold.

Time for November weather chat.... https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1545203/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.