Anyone grow Goji berry Phoenix Tears or Amber Sweet?

Gilbertsville, PA

Hi, just ordered some phoenix tears and amber sweet goji berry starts. Just looking for some advice with this plant. For starters should i plant them in their primary location before winter? Or leave them in the pot until spring?

Grenoble, RA

I believe “LifeBerry” is the European name for standard Goji, just the fancy name to sell the plants.

Dried Goji was imported to Europe as “food” to evade the scrutiny of “drug” regulation. But that was not the case in the US. US regulation was relaxed recently. https://thesmokerreviews.com/indoor-electric-smoker-reviews/ So more dried fruit import and more interest in the health benefits of the fruits.

I believe Home Depot has been carrying Goji in its mail-order for some time. At least I’ve seen it last year.

This message was edited Sep 29, 2020 5:02 PM

Trenton, NJ

Hi elderblanco,
If you ever get over into New Jersey, look me up for some free "Lifeberry" plants. Goji is rather bitter fresh, to me. And the fruit must be picked on the day of ripening, or they start to wither and spoil. But the plants are annoyingly hardy and invasive (spreading by arching out and rooting where the stems touch soil). Also, they seem to have naturalized into the Delaware River basin. But they don't form dense clonal thickets (yet!) -- in Hamilton, NJ ph. 609.731.3882

This message was edited Dec 4, 2021 12:37 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.