September Weather chit chat....Autumn just around the corner

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Summer still blazing here, afternoon rains, muggy days still getting up to mid 90F

Only fall color here is Crotons

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

O WOW, I didn't expect Sept. It is behaving far different than Aug tho. I got 1/8" rain midday- after the breezes stopped. 94* was our high. Sun is in a different angle already and I am taking down the pepper plants.

Yeah, September creeped up fast.

It was so hot here yesterday, got up to 96, sun all day, no afternoon rains to cool us off. Today up to 94, sun isn't even up and it is hot out there. 60% chance of afternoon rain.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

1.5" rain and the temp dove into the 70*s for the first time in a LONG time, lots of thunder and lightning had the dog trying to pull me off the porch and back into the house. Greener looking out there now too.

Yesterday was hot again, it was still 93 at six PM, no rain. Today they say cooler, up to 92 LOL. supposed to have a wee front come tomorrow and bring us down to high 80's for a few days. 40% chance of rain today, we haven't had any for three days. I'm going to go lay in my brother's pool today.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Had a pop up storm today, maybe half an inch out there. It brought the skeeters back active as well as the love bugs. Hot today, hoping for that cool down to get here. Got more cleanup of the garden accomplished, hope more seeds show up- but need to spray tomorro something is chomping my chard.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sun I would be happy to . send it your way ,, 80 degrees today so cloud an all day sunset , rain tonight ? well maybe ,,

Top dead center looking and praying and holding on ,

Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Well, poo, ended up 1/4". No cool down for us, it just wasn't strong enough to make it this far south. Still hanging at 89* to 90* days.

Well Ju, I'll welcome the cooler temps, so send them on down.

The front stalled just north of us around Ocala, so we still got up to 91 yesterday, showers all over Florida but none here, a week now with no rain, but my barrels are pretty full. 60% today, fingers crossed.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Rained all day- I have a total of 1/4" for all day, but the clouds feel great.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

88 was our high , rain missed us , getting dry here ,

Well rain missed us again, was cloudy and thunder all around last night, cooled us down. 90% chance today, it's hit or miss, we just seem to be in the miss spot. Up to 90F today.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

it was 96 degrees here this afternoon ,, cooked ,,

Well don't send that down Mr. J.....LOL

We got some good rain finally late yesterday afternoon, lasting well into dark thirty. Garden happy. Maybe more today, we should stay just under 90F.

Lots of rain shower lines came through past two days from tropical depression, cooler wet but still muggy, still drippy this morning. At least temps only up to low 80's today.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Temp dropped today to mid 70's and long overdue. Had a quick shower near suppertime that prob dropped half an inch on me. Since I was throwing around clover and alfalfa seeds, parsley and fennel seeds I am good with the rain. My granddaughter is in Pensacola waiting on electricity to return along with maybe 540,000 others down there.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

48 degrees now falling to 36 tonight , that is way to cold

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Finally up at 0930 but still 67* and sunshine. Beautiful.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Cold mornings and nights , hot sunny afternoons , dry , but nice ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

74* and tropical depression moved on out, temps not going higher than 88* next Thursday. I recvd 7.5" in 2.5 days. No flooding here as nothing got flooded north of me. Soggy still in places especially with so with soggy mole holes. Brushpile wouldn't catch, so I will try again tomorro...

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

70's and kind of a cool day here , 50's tonight, still dry

Well we even got cooler down here in Flor-ee-da, well cold for us LOL. We were on the west side camping in Dunnellon, it was low 80's and mid 60's at night past three nights, very breezy, but sure felt good. Back home last night, it is 72F this morn, warming back up to mid and upper 80's today.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

74* and gray cloudy day, no sun but the flies THINK it is about to rain. At 11am the shadows stretch far to the north.

Thumbnail by kittriana

I got up to 91F yesterday and probably will today too. ugh. Just a few more days they say of this, then cooler again.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

79* heading for 85* today. Sunny. Yup front coming in 2 days here. Still gorgeous outdoors. Still soggy feeling too

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

88/89* today, heavy, hot and still. Should be 56* in the morning tho!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

55 degrees and rain.

Blooming today anyway

Thumbnail by juhur7

Love the bloom Ju.

Rain coming in from the Gulf tonight, that's the cold front, tomorrow high under 80 and Thurs. morn 60F...I'm happy dancing.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Good beginning to a new month Sun!

October weather chat .... https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1544730/

This message was edited Oct 1, 2020 8:09 AM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.