Regarding The Shortage Of Canning Supplies

Cleveland,GA/Atlanta, GA(Zone 7b)

I have recently done a lot of research into obtaining canning lids. Rubbermaid-Newell has moved its corporate headquarters to my community. They own Ball, Kerr, Golden Harvest and other brands. From what I have learned there will be no metal lids available until at least late fall if not until the end of the year. C19 caused plant shutdowns for safe workplace retooling.

Online sites with "Ball" lids available for a reasonable prices and showing Ball packages are bogus overseas sites. Beware. Otherwise consider, if canning is important to your food preservation for the coming year, going to reusable lids such as Tattler. My suggestion and concern is directed to those who are dependent upon food preservation. Once it becomes known that metal lids will not be available there might be a run on reusable. Heads up.

This thread has 13 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!