Morning Glories 2020 #09

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1543631

Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new room Jackie.

Beautiful blooms, turtle and caterpillars.

You;re welcome Linda. The bloom I 1st thought was Lav Saz, white with
lite pink markings (yesterday), is a dilute Pres Bush, it made another almost white bloom today..
# 2 has got to be Pink Tie Dye
# 3 Lav not
Flaked Pres Bush
Plum Surprise, since I don;t know what the orig PS looked like, either this vine or the one blooming out back could be crosses off the original bloom.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Gorgeous bloom Jackie both from the previous thread and the ones above.
I tried to post way too early this worming but DG was being worked on so it wouldn't let me.
I was happy with my blooms this morning, got lots of pink blooms and a few others. And then it rained on them.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Oh beautiful pinks Helena and some looking lav or chocolate.
Pretty blooms in 2nd collage. I especially love the wine colored, is it'Black King?
Pretty dark Fuji, I was calling it Black and Blue Fuji I know thats'not right. It's really
pretty.

Oh my! I love all of your beautiful blooms.
Glad you got photos before it rained.

Just my same old blooms but happy to have them

P Bush
Lav not
Plum Surprise
P Bush dilute
Berlin Blue

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are so pretty. I love the plum surprise.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Jackie that bloom is one that I don't have a name for. But I love the color too. I'm bad about labels if I start more than one seed.
I love your blooms Jackie, they have gorgeous colors and the patterns and designs on each.
I have more repeats. I worked on my garden today. Planted 3 young banana trees a neighbor let me have a couple sts from me. I cats went to chrysalis today and I also had swallowtail butterflies.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Linda and Helena.
Helena, that bloom is lovely. i really like it. so pretty'with the
dark and light blue.I like the blooms below it too. One looking almost mauve or chocolate and;the wine colored bloom.
Your swallowtails are amazing.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Luckily I just can enjoy the swallowtail butterflies. I don't know where they lay their eggs, My neighbor has a tulip tree and I think it's a food source for the larva, spice bush, fennel and dill too.
I still have a bunch of vines to get into bigger pots. So just a few bloomed this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena. Love the caterpillars too.

Very pretty blooms Helena. That 1st one looks somewhat like Cocoa Chocolate.
I've enjoyed your hot pink bloom this summer too. glad you've got some new vines coming along. I have 2 or 3 but I;ve left them in the foam cups too long so they might not do anything,.
We've had tons of rain, might be so much that I lose some plants.
# 1 is the Jacobina, same genus as the shrimp plants, Justicia
# 2 Tai Aki
# 3 Pink Tie Dye
# 4 Pres Bush
# 5 Lav Saz has made pretty blooms but it's been a weak vine never did look healthy

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
That's a really pretty pink color on your Jacobina Jackie.
Your mgs blooms are all gorgeous. I'm enjoying seeing them and can't tell about Lav Saz vine. I have one vine that bloomed in cup twice already too. The first time I missed seeing the bloom and today too b/c I don't have the vines all in one place.

Very pretty morning glories Jackie, but that first bloom is awesome. I have never seen that.

Thanks girls. I like the Jacobinia bloom too. I need to pot it up, it wants to grow big.
Helena I;m glad I have most of my vines on the carport, makes taking pics a lot easier. The trellis gives them some protection from the storms. My backyard tub has not done well, just a few blooms there.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I'm glad you got your vines close by. I tried to keep mine apart b/c of the bugs. I'm only getting a few blooms, posting a new bloom from yesterday that I missed named Asa Kumo, it's supposed to be lavender but it was blue before it turned lavender.

Absolutely beautiful blooms this morning Helena. Love the subtle color
of your new bloom, it's gorgeous. Your red passion flower is stunning as is your
Clitoria, still waiting on mine.
My same old blooms this morning

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

I love all your beautiful blooms today. Thanks for posting them.

Thanks Linda.
I had a possible new bloom today, I have no idea what this might be. I may have a tag that says mostly large blooms from Debs patio mix a few yrs ago
No way it can be confused with blooms # 2 and 3.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Your blooms are stunning Jackie. I love the deep blue colors and the dark pink with light pink. The light blue too and pink silk. They are all special. I guess that's why we like growing them.
These are my blooms from this morning. Jackie the 2nd set on the is Ao x mauve splash, I'm not sure of the bottom bloom but it makes large gorgeous except that it's not making seeds. Most of the other blooms are repeats. Purple specks from Karen from La.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Oh my goodness. All of your blooms are so beautiful.
Jackie, I love that first light blue one.

Thanks Helena and Linda, My 1st chance to get back here tonight.Gorgeous blooms Helena. Love all your new blooms. Beautiful hot pink blooms in the first set. Your Aog x Mauve splash blooms are really special, I love the color.
More lovely blooms in';the 3rd and 4th collages.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I'm getting a few more blooms that I've grown before so I have fresher seeds.
I can hardly see the stripe on the light blue bloom, the first set of pictures of 2 blooms top bloom is "blood" purpurea, bottom bloom I think is a purpurea, thought it was supposed to be "summer rain" white with blue dots. The pink and dots on the last set is from Karen205(?). Still like to grow her mg seeds.

Helena, beautiful blooms. Maybe the next bloom on what you thought would be summer Rain will look more like it. I love it's star shaped petals. Lovely Milky way
blooms all season long.. Your lite blue is stunning and beautiful speckled. All my Saz
seeds came from Karen, Gardener2005.
Just a few blooms this morning, same ole blooms

This message was edited Sep 4, 2020 11:12 PM

Good morning ladies.

I love all your beautiful blooms.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Jackie your blooms are beautiful even if it's the same vines blooming there is a variation to them so not quite the same. So mine are too repeat from past growing but I love seeing what's growing for you.
I'm hoping too that my summer rain mg shows the blue specks on the next blooms.
2nd set light purple is supposed to be Plum star, looks more like George Strait colors to me. Last set, the two Ao x mauve splash are on same vine.

Beautiful blooms Helena. Amazing how many variations you get from one vine.

Helena,a beautuful assortment of blooms this morning I have been enjoying your pretty little white hige. It';s been a good bloomer this summer. I'm in love with your lite blue bloom, its beautiful. Love your Plum
Star, its gorgeous and does resemble Purple George Strait.Whoever you bought the seeds from might have renamed them. Wish they wouldn't do that just to sell seeds.
I love the'variation we get from our mg vines. Part of what makes growing them so much fun,
The 2nd blpoom does have a colored border too light to see

Beautiful blooms Jackie.
That 2nd photo is very pretty with the lavender edge.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Gorgeous blooms Jackie. I'm enjoying the variations on your blooms and mine too. I always love the dark blue with lighter tone. Lavender or pink silk is so pretty your pink blzd is too.
Yesterday I spent a bit of time getting my vines from cups into cleaned gallon pots. I noticed that most had great root systems, almost getting cup bound too. Surprising that some were blooming or had large buds on them. Another thing was that I had them near my other plants and they were already climbing on them. Wish I could let them do that and have far less bugs attacking them and have nicer looking leaves.
What bloomed today, blue flame, plum ray star (may have crossed) light blue and blood on first set.
2nd set more Ao x mauve splash, wine red fuji, and black king was even darker than the pictures show. I had another set of pics that didn't download yet so maybe I will post later.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks girls.
I need to go back and change my name on Pres Bush dilute to Lite Pink silk. I just'could not even see the border on some of those blooms,.
Helena, I forgot that beautiful bloom is Blue Flame, it's my favorite this summer
along with your lite blue. I loved your Pretty Woman pink too,l wish it was still blooming for you. So happy you sent names today since I can;t remember them.
Pretty Plum Star, and Ao x Mauve Splash. I love your Wine red Fuji too,, it's special,.
That did look like a lavender border on my bloom instead of a pink..
Pres Bush

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Beautiful pink blzd bloom Jackie.

I finally downloaded my white set of blooms. Looks like my baby turtle hides in my back yard. I gave it oranges, it was shy about eating. One swallowtail butterfly loved the bottlebrush.

Thanks Helena,
Pretty white bloom .love the white blooms with the pointed petals.
Lovely hige with the purple running thru.The swallowtail was all over the bottlebrush.. Cute little turtle

I love all your beautiful blooms ladies. That blue flame sure is pretty.

Agreeing with Linda, the Blue Flame is a beauty.
My blooms are finishing up, today Pres bush had a flush, maybe it's final one,
about 4 or 5 blooms open. Makes me sad to think about it.Plum surprise had a messed up bloom so won't share it. It was a wonderful blooming vine this summer,
Out back I had what looked like a Blue Star bloom and a Pink Tie Dye the bugs had
beat me to..
Finally my Clitoria, blue pea vine had 2 blooms.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, your blooms are so pretty. I love that blue pea vine flower.

Thanks Linda, I;m so happy to see it finally blooming.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful booms Jackie. Love your blue star, and pink blzd. Give them abit of fertilized and they will give you more blooms Jackie. I had more blooms from mine even when I thought they were done too. So glad your blue clitoria bloomed for you. I amost killed mine by forgetting to water it but I'm glad it bounced back.
I worked outside yesterday till I was too exhausted to get on the computer. So posting pics from yesterday and today.
1st set is Emmas black and blue
2nd set pink specks, usual repeats
3rd set Plum ray star and repeats
4th set black king and lav chiffon(it has light stripes) & repeats

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena,.
I do need to feed mine a little if I can remember. Love the black and blue and that
beautiful hige with the blue streaks.
Your pink speckled is to die for and Black King is really special in that dark color.
I wish I had started one this yr,
Pres Bush
Blue Star ?
On the ground just a foot apart is a Rebecca and its counterpart, can;t remember the name # 3 and 4

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.