Above Ground Pond with Tropical Fish

Savannah, GA

I breed tropical fish.
They live harmoniously with many types of species.
This is possible because I specialize in raising them this way.

This summer, I put some outside in 2 above ground pools and 3 water garden patio style ponds. They absolutley love it and are thriving!

Lots of fry babies!

I collect plants from natural ponds, including floating moss (riverweed) for fry.
Plants that do best with your fish and water are native plants found in your area.
For shade cover for the fish, and for food and oxygen and healthy water, this is what I found to be true.

From my native foraging:
Bamboo, Water Hyancinth, Water Spangles, Water Lettuce, Giant Duckweed, Heartleaf pickerelweed, Alligator-weed, Frogsbit all have found a growing healthy home here.

The ponds have attracted a whole family of Giant Green Treefrogs!
(And a turtle.)
The Tree Frogs are absolutley amazonian cute with suction cup fingers, lime green.
They are very noisy at night.
They found themselves a dedicated home in the kiddie pool along with scuds.

Notice in 1 of the pics is a shade cover on one of the above ground pools. When the sun is blazing hot, I move the sun loving plants to one side and cover the remaining side. The fountain is still on. To protect the fish, there is a birds net.

If you have any questions please ask, and please share your water garden and man-made ponds here. Especially if you love and keep pet fish.

Happy Ponds are made with Healthy Fish!

Love From: Fintail

Thumbnail by Fintail Thumbnail by Fintail Thumbnail by Fintail Thumbnail by Fintail Thumbnail by Fintail

Most exotic fish can't live outside throughout the colder time of year seasons, so channel the water and bring them inside when temperatures begin plunging underneath 65°F or 18°C

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.