Morning Glories 2020 #08

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1542981

Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new room Jackie.

I love all your beautiful blooms you are both posting.

You're welcome Linda and thanks.

Something destroying my mg blooms early in the morning. Debs pink
and Pink tie dye are pretty much closed by the time I get outside.
Nothing new blooming for me
China doll with Debs pink already closing
Weird Saz making nice sized blooms

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

We can't click on the Happy Birthday forum, an error occurs. Also can't click on the
newest members pages, an error occurs and they won;t come up. Wonder'what's
going on now??

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Sorry to hear something is getting to your blooms.
DG is always changing things, and not for the better.

Thanks Linda, I wish Dg would leave things alone since they apparantly don;t know what they;re doing.
No wonder I thought Debs pink was Ehigasa, they look identical. So I assume
Debs pink is Ehigasa. My Ehigasa opened its first bloom today
Look at this next bloom. It, like Pink tie dye, has been closing early or damaged
every time, look at it's changing colors, maybe a 2nd day bloom
Lav Saz finally opened a good bloom
Pink Tie dye before it closed
I;m in love with China Doll

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Those are beautiful blooms. I love the different patterns, and how they change colors. That lavender saz is really pretty.

Thanks Linda.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I'm happy to see all your different blooms, love the colors. Saz, China doll and so many others will always be favorites.
I was away for the weekend so I missed a few repeat blooms. My lavender opened but nothing really special about it. My Queen monarch butterfly eclosed and was so active when I got back yesterday that I had to let her go and wasn't able to take good pictures of her. I had a nice blooms from Pretty woman and pink mist and a few blooms from milky way. My daughter took me to my favorite nursery in Baton Rouge and I bought more different color of milky weed plants, one I think has a monarch egg on it. Will see how it develops.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena,
I think its a very pretty lavender, beautiful color. You have a great collection of Roses and Milk weeds going. I do like that blue looking milk weed, is it the giant one?
Beautiful butterfly and gorgeous Pretty Woman, Pink Mist and M Way blooms.
I had a bunch of blooms this morning.
1st Pres Bush in days
Debs Pink could be a cross since it doesn't look right for Debs Pretty Pink
1st Murasaki in weeks
Very light Pink TDye in tub out back
Weird Saz

This message was edited Aug 10, 2020 11:43 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

A few more
Ehigasa
Pink Tie Dye out front
China doll
Lav Saz??
My computer dropped everything, now to see if any pics came thru

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. The blooms on that milkweed is not from the giant milkweed. It does have a bit of purple color but lot of white on the blooms. The giant milkweed is taking a break now.
Beautiful blooms on all your mgs Jackie. All of them have gorgeous colors.

Thanks Helena

Had a bunch of blooms today

Pink tie dye with a color block
Weird Saz makes all large blooms
Pandy
Hardy Clerodendrum bungii will make pink fragrant blooms. I'need to plant this one in
the ground so she can grow large.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie, those are stunning.

Gautier, MS

Happy to see all your beautiful blooms Jackie. Your Saz is stunning and all the pink, blues, purples and whites are gorgeous too. Your Clerodendrum will probably attract butterflies and hummingbirds once it blooms. I really like mine.
Only had 3 blooms but a really nice one named mauve sparkle from a Fl vender that looks similar to mauve splash. The bloom was large and a lot darker than the camera shows and it stayed open till after lunch.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks ladies
Helena your Mauve Sparkle is a beauty.

This message was edited Aug 12, 2020 9:43 AM

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. It stayed open till around 2 pm when it started to close. I got another bloom from it today and it looks like the one from yesterday was pollinated too. I can tell by the way it closes.
Mauve sparkle
?
Blueberry twist

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

It's gorgeous Helena, Looks pretty much like our Mauve Splash
Your 2nd bloom looks like the Clematis ville de Lyon. I know I've seen that one before. It's pretty too. I would love to have several more Clematis. Nice
to see Blueberry Twist

I had new mg blooms this morning # 1,# 4

# 1 Berlin Blue new
# 2 Pres Bush
# 3 Ehigasa
# 4 Pretty Pink Asago new
# 5 Lite Pink Tie Dye

This message was edited Aug 12, 2020 10:43 AM

My last new one today
Tai Aki, new
Pandy
Pres Bush
Lav SaZ

This message was edited Aug 12, 2020 2:48 PM

Oh my! Look at all the beautiful blooms. I love everyone of them.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I would say that yours first mg has a true blue color. The dark pink also has a rich color. All of them are quite striking. All are special, I'm enjoying the show.
I've been wanting to get my seedlings into bigger pots but just can't seem to get to it.

Thanks Linda and Helena.
I;m so happy to have blooms Helena after having to wait so long.
I have a few still in small pots too Helena.

Gautier, MS

Worth the wait to see all your beautiful blooms Jackie.
I have a hige with pink eyes this morning, very light eyes and barely a hige but hope it improves. And my repeat blooms as usual.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, I love the higes, guess I won't have any this season Yours is very pretty and should start splitting better soon. Sometimes it takes a while. Wish I could see the delicate pink eye, my eyes have got too bad. smh

# 1 Lav not sds from last yr, this looks like Blue Star of India,Royal Robe comes out of these seeds
2 Pretty Pink Asago, I see now that its identical to Pink Silk
3 Pink Tie Dye
4 Look at this looking like Purple tie dye, I need to check, must be Plum Surprise,
Don't think I planted my Purple TD
Several

This message was edited Aug 13, 2020 12:39 PM

More Tai aki's open
China Doll I have enjoyed this one
Light Pink Tie Dye
Pretty Pink

Beautiful blooms ladies. I love all the colors.
Thanks for posting them.

Thanks Linda.
I had 2 or 3 new blooms this morning, A very tiny pink and I don't know where it came from unless its growing in the ground
# 1 It looks lavender but it's pink, about 2 1/2 inches across with tiny purp lvs
# 2 Here it is peeking up by Weird Saz
# 3 PTD and Deb's pink?
# 4 Lav Saz
# 5 (2) Lav Saz blooms looking like 1

This message was edited Aug 14, 2020 12:36 PM

This must be a Purple Tie dye, I didn;t know where it disappeared to or if I even started one it's new this morning
# 2 Also new today, this pretty Pres Bush with flaking. I like this one better than my original bloom I;ve been posting
# 3 Another flaked Pres Bush with Blue Star of India, calling
it BSOI because I think that's what it actually is
# 4 ??? Pink Tie dye??
# 5 Tai aki

Gautier, MS

Wow Jackie. I missed yesterdays blooms. I love all of them, gorgeous colors so can't pick a favorite. Really beautiful.

Jackie, those are so beautiful.
I agree with Helena. Can't pick a favorite.

Gautier, MS

We had heavy rain last night. Nothing new blooming here, maybe tomorrow. I will enjoy Jackie's blooms when she posts.

Thanks ladies
My early call mixed blue finally bloomed again
Lav Saz
My original Pres Bush
Wine and Roses
Today my Tie Dye looks blue not purple, I think it will darken to purple

Highland Heights, KY(Zone 6a)

Hello, everyone! The only blooms I have so far are on some transplants I potted up from my sister's garden. They were "strays" from her neighbor's Grandpa Ott. I may plant them in the garden because they dry up so fast in the small pots. Next year I will plant early!
I love seeing everyone's beautiful mg pics! I miss the wild ones that grew in my parents' old garden. There were so many colors, and some of the white ones had pink spots/stripes. Does that mean they hybridized with the other colors? I had a photo, but can't find it.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I Love all the colors on them. Showy Saz and your blue tie dye are my favs this time. I like the baby blue on your early call too. Your Pres. Bush has a neat color, I haven't seen anyone offering seeds of wine and roses on ebay.

KyWoods, It's always good to start seeds early but for me I take chances and am still starting seeds and taking chances to getting blooms before winter. Since the bees do the pollinating crosses can happen. I'd try more purpureas since they can take more cold weather and crosses are more likely to.
My passion vines have taken over the trellis and really covered it completely.

Thanks Helena,. Love your passion flowers.
My Wine and Roses came from Farmers Market already planted with a small trellis. so i didn;t buy the seeds. I had Wine and Roses yrs ago from sds from Mr Hudson but didn;t keep my sds going because the blooms closed way too early for me.
KyWoods, I hope you find your photo, I would like to see the white with pink
spots and stripes.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.
My new lavender bloom opened this morning only for me to find that a tiny worm (maybe caterpillar) had munched it all up, leaves had holes in it too.
One of my turtle visitors came to eat cat food so I gave it cherries and let the outside cat have her food.

Beautiful lavender color Helena,. The bugs have chewed holes in some of my lvs too.
I love it that your turtles know you will give them something good to eat. :-)
I finally had a couple more nil blooms in my backyard tub.
This could be Plum Surprise in the tub, edited to say because it came from a different pkt of sds
than the vine in the front yard.
A lovely Pink Tie Dye also in the tub
My computer lost everything here so I don't know about my pics since I'm using
Microsoft Edge browser, I couldn't get to DG with my Chrome browser,
I'll stop here for now to see what came thru
This pink from yesterday with a hint of 2 colors.

This message was edited Aug 16, 2020 12:25 PM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.