August Weather Chat 2020....Summer still cooking us....

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

August snuck up on me, HOT here, under a tropical storm watch for Isaias, calm and clear now. HOT!!!! HOT!!! Maybe rain by morning.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I knew it was Aug, but couldn't figure out what I had forgotten to do. Lazy weekend, 7/8" rain yesterday, air cleared and the temps didn't hit 90* til late afternoon, then dipped again to 86*. I will take it, beautiful day.

Off and on rain bands/sun, hardly any wind,a bit breezer when a band comes through. The center of the storm is still down S.E. FL, will be parallel to us around 9PM- 1AM. At least it watered the garden. I've been actually doing little things in the garden between showers since it is only 80 out.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

5/8" rain so far, cooled down for the evening...I spent the day cleaning seeds better. kids got back from a gadabout Texas shopping, and playing west of us. My daughter says she thinks they saw all of Texas, I laughed at her.

We finally got a nice breeze after 4PM and made for a nice evening to sit out and watch the sunset, never got anymore rain. Storm moved a bit more NE so never made landfall on FL. Partly cloudy today, slight chance of rain, but probably sucked away with storm.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

78 today and clear ,
temps mostly 70's and 50's , had two 40 degree night temps this past week , a cold start for August

Cup Plant

Thumbnail by juhur7

Wow 40 degrees already, is that unusual this early?

No cool temps here, just pray for an afternoon storm to bring the 90's down to 80's and if were lucky mid 70's. LOL.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Seen it snow in early August -but that was Wyoming. 93* feels like 102* already. 53% humidity, chances of rain this afternoon. Got both dogs bathed, frisbees thrown til they were breathing heavy, took them inside and gave em a doggie ice cream. I figure early Fall up north, been that kind of summer, my male hummers have shown back up- at least a few of them ahead of the migrations.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Well the new north pole is over , 87 and 67 today and for tonight

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

99* feels like 110*, humidity down, 42%. S4 mph feels still but not quite as heavy around us. Mostly sunny skies, gathering lettuce, mustard, arugula seeds to go in ground now, trying to get a positive id on a weed I grew (mugwort, prob nilagirica, Indian wormwood). HOT.

Well I've been gone on vacation for a week, then I couldn't get this thread to come up, kept getting an error code.

Anyway we have been getting up to low 90's, and then earlier thunderstorms around 3-4PM, some are just wicked with lightning, saw a strike hit something close by yesterday. Nice thing once done leaves us a cool enough evening to sit outside, was 76 last night.

Some clouds when we were at the beach heading out over the ocean.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Mornings are pleasant 70*s- temps have dropped about 10* since the front hit ( still mid 90*S) BUT BETTER THAN THAT 101 AND 110* WE WERE SUFFERING WITH. Darn capslock,

It was 73 when I went walking this morn, that hasn't happened in a long time, I guess we got a mini cool front because today temps are staying in the 80's today, got some garden work done this morn.

Some bad tornadoes went through Deland yesterday afternoon EF-2 did some mighty bad damage. We just had rain and lightning here.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Heat went up about 1 pm, so I turned around and went back indoors, the morning was good tho, reshaping the garden trellises.

Been really muggy and wet past few days felt like a rainforest, but the tropical storms will pull the moisture away the next few days as they head into the Gulf, but it will be hotter into low 90's, my hair could take the less humidity. Grin.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I hear they are expecting you near Tampa to hit 117*- I wonder if they are still scaring you with that prediction for Wed? Hot, dry, crispy critturs and no expected rain in my woods, sigh.

It is rare for Florida, even down south to even hit 100F, that is probably a "feels like or heat index" temp. Watch that storm Kitt, gonna come close to you.

Breezy, muggy high of 93F got up to 92 yesterday, a couple sunshowers made it even muggier. .

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

sun , like that here , 92 today Humidity near the same , rained a little while yesterday morning ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Missing me totally, even the outer bands are quieter than they look, no winds, I did get about 1/2" rain today before the sun came out. Heat, pressure and humidity are heavy enough to make you think you are getting sick. Ponds here are at least 10' and lower from no rain and everything is just still.

Glad it missed ya, Kitt, it was a doozy.

Sunny morning starting out at 78F so it will get hot. Got up to 93 yesterday, some rain cooled us down a bit, same today.

Black snake looking for frogs in a bromeliad

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Hitting highest end of 90's here everyday, 61% humidity is just too heavy to deal with. Another thunderstorm today that is going to miss me.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Thunder, lightning, wind and a bit of rain. Only time Remi heels like he has velcro attached. Maybe half an inch on its way south

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

13 storms down, more to come I'm sure.

Today some rain from the Gulf due later, 80% chance. Still HOT muggy, a bit cloudy.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sun cute snake

Kitt nice sky photo .

80 degrees here begins the fall cool down this coming week here

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Was 7/16" and I am going to see 97* here. Too muggy, was gonna run into town, but being Sat as well. NOPE. Staying at the house, make a foray out and gather storm toss as I go for the brush pile. Watching more seeds sprout from plantings the 22nd. I reckon I will be thinning them out next month.

Thumbnail by kittriana

Ju, nice to see fall cool down up there, send it down further south please.

New September weather chat .... https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1544157/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.