Coffea Arabica proper soil.

Prague, Czech Republic

Hello everybody,

I am writing from Europe (Prague).
I am seeking for advice about my coffee tree which is not doing very well and I cannot figure out why.
It is located in a bright corner of the house, far from any window.
I am watering it only when the soil gets dry. But misting it and around it daily.
Now at summer time I am using a common natural fertiliser. (N 6,4%, P 1,7%, K 9%, pH 4.0-7.0)
I am guessing that something is wrong with the soil, which is the only think left to be wrong.
The soil is a mixture of general garden soil, with bark, perlite, a bit lava stone pieces and that's it more or less.

I read a lot about special soil mixtures, but I cannot conclude what is the best for the coffee plant.

Any advice would be highly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Thumbnail by teoeteoet Thumbnail by teoeteoet Thumbnail by teoeteoet
Prague, Czech Republic

none? :-(

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Possibly a humidity issue? More light too?
I myself would change the soil too. That looks like house plant stuff. Find stuff for shrubs. Also try having a cool mist humidifier on a timer next to it.

Anne Arundel,, MD(Zone 7b)

Dobry den, teoeteot.
I have a coffee plant, about five years old, or six.. among my many plants.
I think you need to put it close to the window and give it better light. Light is the energy force for the plant's metabolism. It cannot function without light.
I don't worry about humidity. My home runs about 50%. During the cold part of winter we may run a room humidifier. Misting a plant does not significantly raise humidity- it evaporates so quickly.
It seems like a 'thirsty' plant to me- it seems to need water more frequently than I expect. - comparing to other plants of same size.
I do set mine outside in shade for summer. But in the right indoor location, it should be fine year round.

So I think, better light, better water, no misting, no fertilizer until it is actively growing.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.