What’s wrong with this zucchini plant?

Boulder, CO

Hi all! I’m new to the forum and am hoping someone can help me figure out what is wrong with my zucchini plant. I have three zucchini plants in 5 and 8 gallon black self-draining containers on my back porch and three in raised beds. They were all planted from the same pack of seeds, on the same day, and have had the same experience. I hand water them daily in the evening; the soil is sometimes dry the top ~1-2” when I water, but never dry deeper than that. They are planted in high quality custom-mixed soil that was separately blended for beds vs. containers to contain the right about of porous material for containers (a friend who has been growing most of his own food for 30 years mixed the soil for me). The soil has new compost, minerals, and fertilizer mixed in, so I have not top dressed any with fertilizer.

One of the plants (the largest) has started to have yellow, then brown / shriveled leaves. There are a few small spots of white on the leaves. It affected all of the larger leaves but seems to have left the newer growth unaffected. This happened in my garden last year too, when I had the same topsoil but none of the amendments and didn’t know what I was doing soil-wise, so I’m guessing it is not soil-related because they had totally different soil last year and same thing happened. Any ideas what this is and how I deal with it? Would love to fix it before it affects more plants. I’m in zone 5B.

Thanks!

This message was edited Jul 4, 2020 9:46 AM

This message was edited Jul 4, 2020 9:47 AM

This message was edited Jul 4, 2020 9:48 AM

Thumbnail by Earlywormfarms Thumbnail by Earlywormfarms Thumbnail by Earlywormfarms Thumbnail by Earlywormfarms

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.