July 2020 Weather chat...long hot summer days....

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

80F at 7am 80% humidity...did get a long good rain at sunset last night. Cloudy, muggy and up to 90 today, 60% chance of rain.
We came from here...June.... https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1539538/

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

88 degrees humid , after a few days of rain saturated ,

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Mowing tomorro, hit 94* today, still 83* but only dropping to 76* lowest tonite. Garden is almost on its own in this heat. Just standing on the porch hurts me. Getting ready for the weekend, no cheers here. 100,000 people were expecting to hit the beaches for the 3 day weekend- were, because Galveston locked them up, closed them down. No beaches this weekend. So, got the hard hat on, earplugs in, and standing by to put out any fireworks that come this way. We should be in a burn ban.

S. FL closed the beaches this weekend, smart move, but Daytona/Jax/Cocoa is leaving them open, residents not happy campers. Heard some fireworks last night.

We got some good storms late afternoon yesterday, cooled us down to 75F and made for an evening we could actually sit outside. Today high to 90 and 80% chance of rain, like our normal summer weather. Sunset and moonrise last evening.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

will be 90 degrees today , sunny .

Sun nice photo's .

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Kids swear it was 101* where they were a bit farther south, but it was the car thermostat. I figure 98* easy here, my eyeballs feel burnt, but it could just be the dust it is so dry.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

92 for today here , Happy 4th of July ..

this morning

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Happy 4th right back at all of ya. A few pops out there, spent the day tending to filling dirt into holes, cleaning off porches, I get totally soaked like I was in a wet tshirt contest- even under the shade trees. A few blooms hanging on out there, watered many spots. 95* at its hottest.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Happy 4th all!
We had our regular Saturday market. Busy early, slowed later. Hot, but our tents keep it bearable. Sold out of almost everything.
Another vendor had shell out peas & new red potatoes,(we grow neither). My wife bought some so we had them for supper, creamed together. It was fabulous.
Cooling down a little now. Pictures are our table before we started selling..

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens

A little late, but happy 4th weekend. Those greenhouse veggies look just perfect.

Thunderstorms past two nights, sounded louder than the fireworks, about to have one again now. Cools us down some.

Smokey night last night when moon coming up.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

92* feels like 105*. I hear thunder, but everything has skipped me, just all a wee bit east and heading south. My face mask was so soaked I could suck sweat thru it, chuckl. We have 55138 cases with Covid in Houston w/662 deaths. Harris County surrounding Houston 35316 cases w/395 deaths, Fort Bend County 4120 cases w/56 deaths. Ft Bend is the west side of Harris Co toward Katy, Tx. Everyone wears masks. Not everyone is driving with brains in their heads. Passed a rear ender that I would have given the rear driver a ticket for speed and passing in a turn lane, tho it wasn't a fatality. Try to stay COOL. pant, pant.

This message was edited Jul 6, 2020 3:48 PM

Rains have been coming in by 3pm and ending by 6PM, sun just comes back out a couple hours before sunset....we get to 90-ish before it happens. 75F this morn.

FL has 206,447 positive cases with 3879 deaths, approx. 1.85% death rate. My county has over 42K positive cases but only 20 deaths. Mask mandate my county, but only indoors. Went for check up at doctor yesterday, they made us stand outside with our mask on, 90 degree heat to take our temps, some had a temp from standing in heat so long, they had to go inside to cool down in AC and do temp again. LOL.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Yup, Fl is on Tx radar, so they look at you guys when they doin their thing. Dr appt tpmorro am, need refills, I got a bare 1/8" late this pm, cooled to 86* but still drenched when I got inside, that bed will be ready to add dirt to tomorro when I get home.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We have Texas weather today. Currently 91º, but high humidity. Feels like 102º. SE wind, but doesn't cool much.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

96* feels like 109*, 50% humidity. Hit goes without saying- newscasters telling us zero more chances of rain this year as far as they can find, chuckl. Cool? Oh, you mean when I stick my head in the freezer! Even the water is hot out there.

Dryer day today, we are at 92F now, at 4:30 PM. I miss the rain already. Just sunny HOT.

I like holding the freezer door open just a bit longer than I need too. ((grin))

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Trimmed some tomatoes this morning.Finished that house. This afternoon I started on another house. Cherry tomatoes in part of it & some experimental cucumbers.
80º, 74% humidity, 67º Dew point, cloudy. 6 tenths rain this morning.
Pictures, #1 Pickling cucumbers
#2 Cabbage, & cole crops.
#3 Cucumbers, now hung on the trellis.
#4 Cherry tomatoes.
#5 Kale in a small hoop house.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Looks good enough to make me hungry again, CG!

Great crops CG! I'm craving a salad now.

We're heading out for few days to go fishing and kayaking on the coast, camper loaded up. Should only have a chance of afternoon boomers. Today and tomorrow no forecast of rain. Upper 80's there.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Sunny sultry summer day, 96* feels like 111*F, 53% humidity, feels like no air stirring. I can't stay outside, but plants are watered, took down 3 vines plus suckers of SS100's, 2 vines of Cherokee Purple and an old cucumber vine and it was an awesome improvement. Plants are drooping really hard. More of this to come, still no rain chances showing next 10 days.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Mid 80's we are heading back to the 90's later this week ,,

I'm back home, didn't catch any fish, but we had some nice cool breezes, and no bugs. which is weird. Today up to 92 only 20% chance of rain, but nice east winds 10-20mph. Mosquitoes here at house are bad, it did rain good inland while we were gone.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Cloudy days, good chances of rain, but 1/16" drizzle early was all I got. Fingers crossed and rain dances being danced for more!

Off and on clouds, sun and spit showers this morning...muggy as all get out. Some tropical thing moving across the state from SE to the Gulf, maybe heading your way Kit. Still gonna get up to upper 80's.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

rain yesterday thunder showers last night rain and some lightning today cloudy and light sprinkles , hazy , muggy , mid 80's ,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

87* feels like 97*, morning 77* and winds felt awesome, 5/8" before sun came out. High of 84* expected. Humidity has dropped to 67% now, more showers hoped for this evening. Oakley knows she is in for a bath, sigh, her favorite fufu- Eau d' Manure. Doodle is asking her why she smells like that.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

83* hi of 86* expected, Hanna moving on shore south of me. Sunshine now. We ended up with 1.25" rain yesterday, AccuWeather claims a 9 mph breeze, but I can't feel it. Lost power for an hour this morning, typical tho.

Oh dear, Oakley PU.
Just muggy, partly cloudy, sometimes a sunshower, then hotter and steamy. 60% chance of rain this afternoon. 86° feels like 96°

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We were almost in a drought, but 4½" of rain overnight ended that. Came slow enough, most soaked in. No flooding in our fields.
Spent the better part of the morning, pruning and tying up tomatoes. Only 2 short rows to go. About 1 hour to a row. Did the big hoophouse last week. They are starting to ripen. Going to be lots there. One I was in today has been producing tomatoes since June 10.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

90 72 for today ,chance of rain , 70% humidity ,

CG sounds nice the Tomatoes and soaking rain ,

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Hoophouse pictures.
# 1 Tomatoes that have been producing since June 10. The rows to the left, I trimmed & tied today.
# 2 Our main hoophouse. Just starting.265 plants in here.
# 3 Mostly Cherry tomatoes.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

CG Amazing set up , neat and yummy , Fresh food is still the best of things .

90'shere now ,.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Just for my DG friends. The best ever tasting tomato is "Jolly" from Johnny's Selected Seeds. About 1" diameter, so you can just pop them in your mouth.

Love tomatoes I can just pop in my mouth. Hoop house crops looking good.

More chance of afternoon rain here next few days, then really Hot towards end of week and less rain. 90 predicted high today, didn't rain yesterday, heard thunder close by.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

My Super Sweet 100's were awesome this year, too. The Opalka came in as good enough for my mayo and bread tomato sandwich. All gone now for me. Big clouds, lots of heat, but I THINK it was about 89* so still cooler than it has been.

New Weather thread..... August.... https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1543483/

This message was edited Aug 1, 2020 5:21 PM

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.