Ideas for long fence line

Oak Harbor, WA

Looking for advice for a long fence line in my back yard. I live on Whidbey Island in the Pacific Northwest. My back yard faces south so I receive full sun all day...no shade. We have an abundance of deer here so it must be deer resistant. I am attaching a few pictures to give you and idea.

Thumbnail by TravlnTexan Thumbnail by TravlnTexan Thumbnail by TravlnTexan
Gulfport, MS

I think the fence should be higher.

Culver City, CA

It is quite difficult to understand from your photos how high your fences and gates are. If I understand correctly, then the deer will easily be able to jump over this. They will definitely be able to jump to a height of a couple of meters with the proper size. I'm sure you've seen these videos where they jump over the freeway. At a minimum, your fence should be made a little higher. little safer.

This message was edited Sep 13, 2021 1:09 PM

This message was edited Sep 13, 2021 1:09 PM

Franklin, NH

In my humble opinion, for deer, you can either go wire (30 years) or plastic mesh (0 to 8 years usual expectation)
Wire is more expensive, MUCH harder to install, but lasts a lifetime. Good plastic mesh (there is a lot of junk around) "just" needs t-pole, good corners. I've set up 240 feet of plastic mesh in one afternoon, cost me like $400, plus the poles, that i had from a previous attempt using big box store junk, that seemed less expensive, but was not strong at all, deer chased by dogs just ran through. Also, shipping is much less than wire. For wire you need a team, plastic can be just one person.
Check out Wellscroft fence in NH. https://www.wellscroft.com/

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images