June Weather 2020 chitchat...summer sizzling, plants growing.

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Hard to believe it is June already...Cloudy start, sun later and up to upper 80's, an afternoon chance of thunderstorms.

We came from here: https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1534420/

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Looking for 90º here today. Warm rest of the week.
Lots of things planted yesterday.
We are so ahead of last year.
We will have food for everybody.
Farmers Market has been crazy. Everyone is taking the "Shop local" seriously.

That's great to hear CG...I love to shop local produce.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Heat, humidity, and tons of mosquitos. My stuff is coming in as well, I have my first Cherokee Purple tomato beginning to blush and excited. Fighting tons of leaffootteds, leaf hoppers and armyworms as well as the skeeters. Pop up t'storms around us, moon is looking bright out there tonight, heading into 90's this week.

Thumbnail by kittriana

Looking good Kit.
Humidity and mosquitoes are both bad here now, storms pop up almost daily. Today supposed to be cooler than yesterday they say, high 82F. I see rain on radar already. I missed the moon, will look for it tonight.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

88 degrees sunny , hot , humid ,

Sun last months storm pic , was fun , nice Sunflower ,,

Kitt , yummy ,

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Big thunder storm just went through. We got some rain.
Tornado just 20 miles east of us.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Hit 90* today, sun full tho there were a few clouds. Skeeters bad, gotta get my Spartan Mosquito Eradicators out- the Cutter spray isn't tuff enough even tho it helps some- went south to a groc store today, saw a few trees uprooted from the bad storm a few days back, but the garden had to be watered...

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

91* feels like 100* and humid. 1 mph barely breath of air from South. Not sure if this will post, DG has site frozen for me

I tried to post yesterday but couldn't.
It is cloudy sun, muggy, Jeep said 91F but it feels hotter here too. Looks like rain in a bit. Lots of rain this weekend from Cristobal.

A few tornados in central FL last evening, heard the sirens going off, woke me up. Got a walk in this morning so just cloudy and muggy as all get out. low 80's, more rain later. Flash flood warnings.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

94*, feels like 99*, 48% humidity my granddaughter says from Pensacola, lots of rain, but the PRESSURE is giving me a headache. We are fine. Ok, hiding in and out of the heat.

This message was edited Jun 8, 2020 7:39 PM

We’re in St. Augustine glamping, got here yesterday afternoon, rained a bit on the road, just cloudy since, keeps it cooler, still muggy. Up to 86 if sunshine.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

It feels like we've gone from summer to August, no breezes stirring that can be felt, went shopping for flip flops, settled on Crocs, gathered maters, cukes, need to pickle some more. ASAP. Gathered up pots of flowers from sun to porch, the wicking tubs are using 2 gals of water a day. Hot. Hot. Miserable hot.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

2 days in a row of 93º with 25 to 30 mph SE wind.
Like a blast furnace. Cooler tomorrow.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

No relief in site here, I see Ju is waiting on twister weather to pass, hope all is well!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kitt all okay , 84 cloudy some rain hazy day

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Just heavy heat outside - still 83* but at noon, when it was 'feels like 104*' I cave in and hide in cool darkened rooms. My dau was home today and yesterday, so was glad we did Costco early morning. Sweltering outdoors and that 40% chance of rain looks like it is way up north of us.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

sun rain storm day . 90 degrees . steamer stuff .
my plants aren't showy only getting there .

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

The cool front came in and nights have been a relief, 90"s aren't around til afternoon, but humidity dropped so has felt great, another 8 jars of Kosher dills today and I am done for the season, mowed and burned boxes getting all tidied up, watered and ready to visit with granddaughter coming in for a gals weekend before returning to Pensacola. Pleasantly achy tonite.chuckl

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Cooler day today but still had a high of 88 , 67 tonight and the winds have ceased ,
Got windy here yesterday ,

Lots of clouds, off and on pop up showers, humidity and mosquitoes here...yesterday more sun and so it got to 90F. We're back home but some great clouds on our beach trip, kept us much cooler, these two old folks like the clouds, the bathing beauties not so much. ((grin))

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed

Gonna have a few days of sunshine, need to dry out some, heavy rain last evening. Gonna be HOT up to almost or at 90F

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

We are having cool nights , sunny hot days , Days feel hotter than the temperature says ,
Sun nice scenery pics ,

Thanks Ju, it was nice and cloudy most days on our trip, we like that.

We've had a north wind the past two days, kept it a bit cooler and lower humidity. That's coming to an end though, today might be last day, then the rain returns and the 90's.

Happy to see my Plumeria blooming again, last two years it was recovering from a freeze.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

90's and hot , a few blooms below

Sun ,,nice plumeria

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

A few things that are ready now.
And a couple cuties.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Such big eared little cuties! Hot today, clouds moving in, but dry so far. Hauled in replacement level dirt and checked on my melons I have planted -hoping- still more to do tomorro if I go get more of the dirt.
Summer Solstice tomorro...

This message was edited Jun 19, 2020 9:46 PM

Sound like summer is here for all now. Kittens are cute, gotta grow into those ears. Great looking crops. Beautiful flowers Ju, love the hollyhocks.

Low 90's all this week, rain here and there, some get it and some don't. Bromeliads blooming around my oak tree.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Finally went out, took an hour and a Sawzall to free up pine roots, and now I am at concrete, will grab a chain and free it from the powder it is set into. 93* and here I am laying on the ground scooping powder by hand, chuckl.
Somebody checking out my ripening mustard seeds- that will be next trip with ziploc to collect I guess.
Visited feedstore for an $11 bale of compressed straw. Watermelons and edge of oregano and a pepper bucket now 'stuffed'?
Another climb to trim out these overgrown happy Sweet Millions, can't tell where to start....but need to get daylite to those corner maters.
Gypsi, yes mixed with the wood shaving stuff already in there, then maybe topped with MG's water control stuff for trees and shrubs, - or straw? I don't need Adobe mud tho. Another job I am gathering energy for.

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

That's the thing about those sweet millions, you get a lot of maters at once.

It's HOT here, last two days got up to 95, a repeat today, no rain, maybe tomorrow a chance. Pretty hot for June.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

rained and got sunny this afternoon , started raining just after dark still is and is suppose to rain all night , 80's humid

Geranium enjoying the rain .

Thumbnail by juhur7

A bad storm snuck up on us last night, power was out for almost two hours, we got a message it was a downed tree on power line. AC is truly missed when it is this hot.
Today up to 96F morning walks are getting tough.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We got 1.7" rain on Thursday, then .9" on Sunday. We were on the dry side, so it was welcome. Our garden & field crops look wonderful! Quti a difference from last year when everything was water logged & late.
Setting out a late planting of muskmelon today.
Some market pics on Saturday.
The strawberries belong to another vendor. Them & us are the old timers. Both of us have been there since 1985. I think they may have started a couple years before we did. Their booth is the tan tent in the 4th picture.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens

Looks great CG, wish I could shop that market. Long drive.

My morning walk yesterday looked like a hurricane had hit, lots of tree debris, even broken street lights. No rain here last evening, but was all around so cooled us down to 85 instead of 95 LOL.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Tomatoes are starting to ripen.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

78* today, 2 7/8" by end of day. Mosquitoes horrid and thirsty here. I stayed indoors, tho did go look at my melons, still marble sized.

Great tomatoes! CG.

Went to New Smyrna Beach yesterday to hang with my friend that was babysitting her grand nephew. walked down to beach around 7PM just to stick our toes in the water, haze is very noticeable from the dust.

Back home inland, next 3 days high 98F very slight chance of rain. UGH. Staying inside today.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

It wasn't exactly hot today, 88*, but it felt like an elephant was sitting on you with the 30inHg pressure, and yup, humidity was 73% too. Not sure if I was sweaty or just condensating, chuckl.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Getting some rain we needed. 2 tenths so far. Anew shower just started. Not many miles north of us & towards the Twin Cities, 3" to 8". We didn't need that. System just sat there & rained steady from about midnight on. Flash floods in those areas.
Boys are busy pruning & letting down tomatoes. The tomatoes have reached the 7 ft high chains that hold them up. This picture is a few days old.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.