Annual suggestions wanted for narrow, dry area along driveway

Downers Grove, IL

We have a long, narrow plant bed between our house and an asphalt driveway. It's in full sun and the soil tends to be very dry. In the past, we've grown vincas and portaluca/moss rose fairly successfully in this area. The vinca plants sometimes varied in size and looked a little odd. I'm looking for any suggestions on new plants to try!

The total space is 14" wide by 25 feet long. I'd like a plant that stays around 1 ft wide x 1 ft tall (or smaller). This hides our basement cement block, so anything blooming for longer periods would be great. Finally, I don't want a plant that attracts tons of bees since my kids play here too.

I've always done one kind of annual for the entire strip, but would be open to any new ideas! Thanks in advance.

This thread has one reply. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!