Your favorite herb catalog.

Selah, WA(Zone 6a)

Hi Everyone,

What's your favorite herb catalogs???

Penny

Brooklet, GA(Zone 8a)

Let's see. I like Parks Seed because they have a good variety. Also Nichols, they have a huge selection.

Westbrook, ME(Zone 5a)

Johnny's has really improved on their herb selection in the last couple of years. They carry a lot of medicinals now that are hard to find. Fedco seeds also has a good selection of herbs. Both are very reliable seed companies and I've never been disappointed with them.

Richmond, KY(Zone 6b)

As a catalog, I like Richters, primarily for the illustrations. But I've heard too many tales of poor service and delivery.

My personal overall favorite is Horizon; solid information, good prices, and back-up service like you wouldn't believe. Richo Cech has never been more than an email away for _any_ herb question I've had.

How do I go about getting Johnny's and Horizon's catalogs?
If you could send me a URL or 800 number to my email addy, I would appreciate it very much (I can't get online too much to check these forums all the time). Thanks so much.

ICE
icedhunny@juno.com

Chatham-Kent, ON(Zone 6a)

www.richters.com will look after you for seeds .
I would never order plants from them if I were a USA resident , but seeds are a sure thing .
Grow those happy weeds :)

Springfield, MO(Zone 6a)

The most extensive I've seen is at www.herb-man.com

Check out this herbal magazine ...it may help.
www.HerbsAtHomeMagazine.com
Good luck!

I thought that Park seed was great-the pictures/explainations etc' Until I received my first order from them"THE WORST" The plants were black with rot,almost dead and just packed in shipping peas,loosely'

So I called and told them this was my 1st time ordering and was this normal shipping proceedure? They didn't answer just offered to replace them at no cost as they're plants have a guarantee'

The replacements were even worse than the first order'

I had also ordered veggie/flower/herb seeds' The cantaloupe is coming up well but nothing else' I'm not a new gardener and spent too much on this nursery and don't recommend it'

I have been with "Spring Hill" many years and not been disappointed with their plants/seeds' Also Breck's very good at everything they offer''Sis''Z5(NE KS)

Received a catalog from Wayside Gardens,any comments on their plants/seeds?? Like to know before ordering and wasting my time and theirs'''

Ewing, KY(Zone 6a)

I just got a catalog in the mail today from Good Scents. Good selection but high.... anybody ever order from them?

Wayside garden is owned by Park Seed.

This message was edited Saturday, Oct 6th 6:50 PM

Mansfield, MO(Zone 6a)

I like the herb seeds I get from rareseeds.com. They are heirloom seeds which I prefer. They do not have an extensive list, but it increases every year and they are always clean and viable.
Sue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.