April 24th, 2020: Drosera Species (Drosera paleacea) by Kell

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

The Bloom of the Day for April 24th, 2020 was Drosera Species (Drosera paleacea).

View the bloom of the day here: https://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/botd.php?date=2020-04-24

Brisvegas, Australia(Zone 12b)

Hi Kell,
Is that an American Plant or Australian ?
Cheers, kell.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

Hi kell! How very cool is that plant and photo? When I saw it, it was pure ecstasy.

For some weird programming issue, Bloom of the Day photos show my copyright as if I took the photo though I only entered it into PFs. Annoys me to no end. If you click on the photo, it will take you to the actual photo as entered into PlantFiles. Then you can see any comment the enter-er made.

In this case, this photo was taken by Jean and Fred Hort, a great Australian insect expert duo.

It says 'Betw Swan View-Bullsbrook, Western Australia. Copyright of Fred and Jean Hort of Perth, Western Australia."

If I know, I add locations.

Click thru the photos from here. A few Australians have photos of this there.
https://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/showimage/426017/

Drosera species are very prevalent in Australia.

Thanks for all the information.
I have always believed it was endemic to Australia.
So that explains it all.
Thanks, kell.

Thumbnail by ginger749
San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

This glitch is rather embarrassing as I pick the BOTD photos. It looks like I pick a lot of my own photos. Though in DG's defense, I bet DG did not think people would post other people's photos.

All in all, you are doing an Amazing job. ;o)
That Panda Bear was a Gif file but it only showed up as a Pic.
We have just Celebrated ANZAC Day.
We went to the front of our yard (foot path) at 5-20am with Candle this morning.
Cheers and Beers, kell.

San Leandro, CA(Zone 9b)

I think everyone loves panda bears! Yes, gifs do not work here.

I know, I have some Aussie friends. Too bad the celebration of such great people could not happen! But at least everyone got to show them respect from their own yards.

Thumbnail by Kell

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.