Morning Glories 2020 #04

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We were here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1529784

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie.
Hope everyone had a Happy Easter.
Here's my blooms from yesterday. I was too tired to get on my computer and the pictures didn't download until this morning. My computer is so slow too.
First bloom was darker than pic shows, blue purple blooms is reaction to a cold morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
Gautier, MS

Here's pictures from this morning.
I really liked the 1st 2 blooms, darker than the picture sows.3rd pic is a light Q269, that broke vine and I rooted it again.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Good morning ladies.

Thanks for the new thread Jackie.

I love all your beautiful blooms.

Thanks ladies
Helena, love all your pretty blooms but so nice to see a Q269 and the
lovely Chocolate Silk.
You know my computer I thought was acting strange was really Dave's Garden.
Last week I couldn't even get to this site first thing in the am. Then it
acted really weird when I tried to start the new thread (when trying to upload the pics)
So the problem is with this site

This message was edited Apr 13, 2020 11:28 AM

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
I think your right Jackie. I had problems this morning when I was trying to post. It was definitely not acting right at all. Hope they fixed the problem. I had to shut my computer and try again later.
I am happy with my blooms and Q269.

Gautier, MS

Only one bloom for me on this cold windy day here. Hama no Murasaki from Emma. I like the color. More buds to open soon.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Its a gorgeous purple Helena, I love the color too.
Cold, windy day here too after we've had days in the 70's and even an 80 or two.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. Still cold morning here. Brought a few of my mgs inside.
Got 3 blooms for today.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, Pretty purple blooms but the blue is out of this world
lovely.
I finally got a few more mg sds planted, 3 weeks too late. Now, again, I'll have a big time gap between my 1st blooms and 2nd set of opening blooms, smh

Beautiful colors in those morning glories Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
As they say Jackie "better later than never". I did the same too, just happy to see my blooms when they open. This morning 4 vines that 4 or more blooms each. I took pics and had them in collages 2 sets have not downloaded yet so I'll just post the ones I have now.
The 1st set is Hama no Murasaki
2ns set is Emmas Twightlight mix
I don't have labels for the others

Beautiful morning glories Helena. Love those colors.

Very pretty blooms this morning Helena
Definitely something going on with downloading pics at this site. The last set came up while I was looking at your other sets, smh.
Happy you're getting so many lovely blooms for us to enjoy with you Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I'm happy I've got so many blooms on these vines. A few of the others have buds coming along too.
Another set of blooms for today to enjoy.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blues in the 1st set Helena. Love the 3rd set with that wonderful color.
Gorgeous yellow lily.
I guess my ochracea is thru blooming. it bloomed till about the 10th of April, the longest its ever bloomed.
The white leaves on my brug and new blooms, the fragrance is wonderful.
Waiting for this night blooming cactus to open.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms ladies. Lovely colors. Please post photos of your night blooming cactus when it opens.

Will do Linda, I've thought every day it would be open but the bud was still
maturing, maybe tomorrow. :-)
I think this is probably my Ric Rac orchid cactus

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda.
Love your ochracea Jackie, makes me want to start a seed of it and grow it.
Amazing how your brug produced the two set of leaves. Waiting to see the bloom of your cactus open.
We had a much needed shower during the night. I've been having to water my plants. So my plants stayed outside yesterday but still have nice blooms. My visitor turtle came to visit so I picked a few black raspberries for it. I have a hummer here too.

Beautiful pink and purple blooms Helena. Love your visitor too. Glad you grow food for him.

More pretty blooms Helena,
Looks like your turtle is really enjoying the berries.
The all white and all green lvs on my variegated brug are really neat.
Will go to the g house in a few to see if the orchid cactus is open.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Another light shower here that barely wet the ground but I got lots of blooms on my mgs and I have 2 hummers chasing each other.

Beautiful blooms this morning Helena,.
DH had to change the hummer feeder yesterday. It was almost empty.
My orchid cactus was almost open last night, Here it is this morning. since its still open, pretty sure its a ric rac orchid cactus.
Pink Caladium, notice the bloom has a pink cast too It had 14 inch leaves but
they wilted I guess needing a bigger pot.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

My computer just did something really strange or it was this site. It showed I had lost all my pics so I tried to load them back out but only did one pic b4 I decided to send my post to see what would show up
So my pic of the caladium flower was bumped and the last pic was where I tried to start all over uploading pics, smh

This message was edited Apr 19, 2020 12:20 PM

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.
I love your beautiful orchid cactus and really pretty leave on your pink caladium.
Glad your DH changed the hummers feeders, I have to do that too to keep it fresh.
Getting lots of chasing in my yard from flowers to feeders.
I had 2 beautiful blooms from what looks like Blushing Bride. I'm glad I placed the vine in my patio to protect it from the storm last night. Finally had a good rain to water the plants good.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Jackie, that is beautiful. Thanks for posting photos.
Helena, your blooms are awesome. I love that color.

Thanks ladies
Gorgeous pink blooms Helena.
I love Blushing Bride

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Two more BB blooms, this vine makes both types of blooms.
Last pic on top are my green beans and snow peas.

Beautiful photos Helena. Glad to see you have beans and peas coming up. That pink speckled bloom is awesome.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. I planted the beans b/c of purple flowers, the beans are purple too. Snow peas are my fav. veggie.

I just shared this on Facebook this morning. Thought it was a cute idea. Beans or sweet peas would look nice in this.

Thumbnail by taters55

Wonderful blooms Helena, the pink is gorgeous as is the speckled.
Love the 4 o'clock, and passion flower, your veges look great too.
Linda, that's a nice set-up. Can't wait to see your blooms.

I ran by the farmers Market yesterday, was out of Fertilome and I ended uo with Pro-MIx which I love. It has a wetting agent added now so not so hard to wet it.
Heres a cute little Grandpa Otts mg.1 and 2 blooming at a short size
Purple Datura with bloom not quite ready to open
Pink Justicia we used to call it Jacobina I had this many yrs ago, happy to have it again. will have pink plume type flowers.

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

Thanks Linda.

Looking back at 2013

Beautiful blooms Jackie.

Thanks Linda, blooms from the past but still fun to look at.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. I like that set up for beans and sweat peas Linda. I planted mine in big pots so have to have a different set up for them.
Love your new plants and looking forward to your purple brug bloom Jackie.
Always good to see pics from our past years Jackie, what's us going.
I've had problems downloading my pics from my phone so I'll have plenty today.

Beautiful blooms Helena,. Love Blushing Bride and the amazing colors in the
1st 2 collages. Is the 4th set really blue or purple with a blue cast to the blooms?
Either way, they;re lovely. I know our cameras change the color at times.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.