April weather chat and pics...Time for some Spring!....

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Starting out nice here, got a good heavy rain last evening, washed the pollen away, a cool 59 and clear this morning. High today 77F.

And this ain't no April Fools.
We came from here...https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1529701/?page=2#post_10473075

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

54 for today it is a cool light rainy morning some sun later ,

Sun Zinnia and Butterfly for spring ..

Winnetka, CA

Hi Sun!!

Cloudy with a chance of meatballs!!
We've had such nice rains lately that everything is blooming. Sunny today and cool... 72 at present... perfect weather, birds are singing and building nests!

1. Clematis just about to open...
2. and the next afternoon when it was fully open...
3. Minoan Laceflower which my butterflies are visiting, 4. Closeup of the tiny native California Creamcups
4. White buttercups (ranunculus)

Thumbnail by NF2932 Thumbnail by NF2932 Thumbnail by NF2932 Thumbnail by NF2932 Thumbnail by NF2932
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Cloudy 54 degrees , suppose to warm up this week .
lots of sprouts //

Nancy , wonderful blooms !!!

Hi Nancy, those are some beautiful blooms. Nice you're getting rain.
Ju, glad you're warming up.

54F this morn, clear as a bell, up to 79F...nice outdoor day.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Winnetka, CA

Gorgeous blooms Sun!
You must be just a tick ahead of us as our amaryllis are all in bud. Working from home today due to shelter-in-place... sat down in the garden window an hour ago - busy getting a start on the day and I see the sun is now fully up... early birds fighting over the feeders and it's definitely time for some caffeine to make it through the next 7 hours! Figured i'd drop in and say good morning on the way to the kitchen! I will surely be sad when I have to return to the office as the view from this window ... and the commute are soooooooo much better! -:) Those of us at work who do have windows look out onto a parking lot and railroad tracks, much different from the early morning backyard activity going on here.
We're also currently at 54 and the prediction is 72 today which suits me just fine.
Kitties hear me - time for breakfast. Enjoy the beautiful day!

Wouldn't it be nice if this changed our work force where those that can work from home do so from now on. Sure would clear up a lot of traffic on the roads.

Another nice day here, hard to pull myself into the house, 59F this morn, a bit warmer today, mid 80's. Clear.blue skies.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Nice here in St. Louis Metro East (IL). Cooler (mid 50s) and cloudy, but dry and no winds. I have been able to fit in some yard work and planting cool season crops. Suppose to warm into the 70s to low 80s for a few days. Then drop into the mid 50s again. Everything if not budding, is blooming, and leafing out. It's Spring! Birds are chattering day and night. I saw a bumble bee. : )

Sounds like Spring has come for you, Greenbrain.

We finally got much needed all day long steady rain yesterday, not all of Florida did, so we're the fortunate ones. The front sort of stuck here in Central FL for most the day before sinking south.

63F this morn, no rain here now, high 79F today.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Winnetka, CA

Good morning Sun....
The rain showed up here in L.A.! And boy is it welcome!!
It's supposed to stick around for a few days... we'll see how good the weatherman is with his dopplar! -:)

Greenbrain... I was at church about 3 weeks ago... sitting on the bench outside after the service was over. I was looking out over the front yard. It's a large lot and there is an area that is green... some grass and some weeds.... I could see movement and I realized there were these little local weeds with a purple flowers and there were (literally) hundreds of bees working the flowers. You had to really pay attention to see it... but they were all over these little weeds. I was astounded at how many bees there were. It was really neat! And yesterday I saw 5 butterflies in my backyard... so the pollinators are definitely out and about here. I am glad they are arriving where you live as well... such a welcome sight!

And Sun....I say yes, yes and yes!! ... to your thoughts about the work from home going forward. I would love that, and there is no doubt it would help a great deal with traffic here in L.A.. Keep your fingers crossed for me. -:)

51 degrees now... predicted high of 58.... 99% chance of rain... (it's definitely raining!!) I am glad I got my heliotrope in the ground yesterday.... wish I had gotten them all in the ground.... the others are sitting on my kitchen counter... I may have to set them out in the rain today for a drink. I did run out last night before the rain started and dropped two 'Prudens purple' tomato seeds in the garden... we'll see if they sprout from the rain. Have a wonderful day everyone!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

it was 67 degrees yesterday perhaps 70 and rain today .

I have been doing some yard play , Going after a spark plug this morning
Tried an oil sprayer yesterday for keeping down weeds , seems to work nicely ,

Wonderful flowers here you all pixed up ..lol

Hi green , nice to hear from you ,

61 degrees this morn, the birds are sure chirping it up. Up into mid 80's today, no rain. Going to work in garden today, need to do some more trimming back. Moon was pretty last night.Full moon tonight.

Have a beautiful day!

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

sun great photo's . Cobra scale gray racer the snake ? The lizard doing the Dinosaur thing

near 80 day past , 49 now , falling to 33 degrees tonight We had a severe thunderstorm this evening , sirens , 70 mph winds , wall sheets of rain ,, fun stuff ,,

Thumbnail by juhur7

Ju, it is either a Black rat or racer. Lizards are mating now...lots of males fighting each other.

What a difference a day makes, we've had nice mornings in the 60's but this morning it is muggy and 77F already and not even 8AM. ugh. Cloudy high of 90.

Moon two nights ago

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sun neat the reflect anomaly ,,

Today I had put some plants back under cover and went get scripts .
Not much else

yesterday I rebuilt the mower carburetor and cut the lawn partly .
lots of running around with that ,

That new iphone gets that same anomaly every time I take a pic of sun or moon shots.

Still warm muggy 74F this morning, actually supposed to get cooler as the day goes, rain this afternoon, front coming through, down to upper 50's by dawn tomorrow. We'll get one nice day before back up to 90 again on Easter. sigh.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

cold here most of the day 47 or so the high got nice for an hour or so , 32 degrees 14 mph wind this morning , and that felt cold after yesterdays 80 degrees

Gosh Ju, that is a big difference, although we've had that happen here a time or few. It didn't get as cool as they said, was 59 for like five minutes...ha ha. Was nice walking and working in garden, 79F out there now at 3PM. Oh and we never got one single drop of rain from the front. sigh.

Saw a peacock on my walk this morning, haven't seen one of those around here since the 80's.

This message was edited Apr 11, 2020 2:06 PM

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

it has made it to almost 60 degrees today , rain tonight and possible severe storms are forecast for tomorrow

It is 80 degrees and not even sun up yet, cloudy and very breezy. Winds SSW today and wind advisory. Looks like rain is up in panhandle, pretty strong, but not coming here today.

Hope everyone had a Happy Easter.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

We missed the weather for Easter, but it started out at 50*. Now there is sunshine and beautiful skies.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

The past few days have felt like March here with strong wind gusts. Not so much rain or t-storms with a mix of clouds and sunshine.

Muggy and warm still here, up to upper 80's today. Cloudy. Front is giving lots of rain N. FL. slowly sinking down to us. Maybe tomorrow our day for all day rain ((shrug))

Thumbnail by sunkissed

Bit cooler here, nice rain yesterday most the day, cloudy this morning 63 degrees, up to 80 today.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

A cold rainy 40 degrees today , tonight 29 degrees coming ,
Cold 20'sand 30's the past few days ,

kitt/sun ,, nice flower plant pics ,

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Partly sunny, 48º. Monday & Tuesday were record lows, in the teens.
Where did global warming go?
Looking for 70º next Wed.
Got plastic on our tomato greenhouse yesterday. Crew is now planting tomatoes.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Gray day, rain started abt 630 pm- 72*, lo tonite 56*, sore but pleased with what I got tended last 3 days, but more to do

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Pictures from today

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

CG those are beautiful

CG looking great! Plants look wonderful!

Muggy morning, gray, gonna get rain from the west today...soon, hard, heard some reports of hail.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

1/4" rain overnight, another gray day and drizzle and thunder has begun again. It was 72* but other than humid is nice. Am ready to put in the bed for the oregano, but rain started before I could unroll the wire. I may have a swimming pool for a dog if I actually get some rain

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

CG Wonderful

Rained last night ,this morning ,
Sunny and 50's today .

Kitt The Dog Pool ? lol

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Well, oregano is the intended recipient, chuckl. Soupy day, temp at 74* and another storm is rolling in, 100% humidity, South wind coming in at 11mph, rain gauge is up to 1/4" so far, but I have had enough strange rain splatters to fill my 5 gal buckets twice. The tornadoes so far aren't near me.

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana

Kitt is that a shrimp plant in the background of your pic?

Dark out still but I can hear the wind chimes, wicked looking line of rain heading down from N. FL, should hit by 11ish. Warm 78F out there now.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Yup, shrimp plant behind the hummingbird sage, never died this winter and my daughter wanted it to be a tree, it is 5.5' tall now and I haven't cut back what I didn't tie around a stake yet. That bed is getting cleaned and taken back to when I planted it 10 or 15 yrs ago. I will get to it, I will. Darn dog from down the road stole one of my mule gloves- hope it gets poison ivy, grrr. My gold lantana seems to be struggling so I will figure out what its problem is as soon as I get to that part of the bed, sigh

I wondered, I just bought a red shrimp plant a couple months ago, used to have one many decades ago, didn't realize it got that tall, might need to move mine.

We got a wicked line of showers come through here yesterday, got just eerie, turned out to spawn a tornado on the North side of the huge lake we live by, we're on the south side. Weird thing was, all we got was big giant drops of rain, calm and then it blew through, sunshine and super windy after that.

Temps a bit lower this morn, 65F, doesn't seem as humid, still going up to mid 80's today. rain is down in S. FL now.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Our 80% chance turned into nothing, all north and east, gray humid and still till afternoon, then a stiff breeze blew in from the south. 80*. I worked at cutting the metal fabric and got it done, now to go find some kind of fibre for the dog pool, chuckl. Had to water and noted another chore I need to tend and get trellis up a bit higher.

Last two days have been really nice, low humidity. Last night was nice enough for a little fire in our pit. Today is gonna get really hot, up to mid 90's, south wind advisory. Next front coming in later tonight, supposed to rain all day tomorrow...we'll see.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

59 degrees rain for us today .

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

84* today, 89* tomorrow. Sunny and dry.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.