Looking for ID this bird

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Hi everyone... hoping all of you are safe. We are safe, going through lockdown, one week over, still two to go.... at the outset.

This morning, I happened to see this bird and luckily it gave me time to bring out the camera and take this lone shot. Had never seen it before in my locality/area, Mysuru, India. Tried looking up in Birds of India that I have. Unable to get a proper match. So I turn to my friends here for help. Golden Orioles fly by occasionally but this is not the one.

Thumbnail by Dinu
Marlborough, MA

Hello. This is a old post, so, I'm guessing you got your answer elsewhere. But, just in case you didn't, I think that bird is called a Black-naped oriole. In Massachusetts where I live, we get Baltimore Orioles and, occasionally, Orchard Orioles and your post intrigued me enough to search. This looks to me like what you photographed https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black-naped_oriole

Currie, NC

Very interesting information, thanks for sharing. This is a pretty interesting bird and the link that you threw on the Wikipedia page only gives a superficial idea of it. I remember when I was in practice in London, I wrote a small study about this bird.

This message was edited Jun 22, 2021 5:32 AM

Mysore, India(Zone 10a)

Aaah, I am seeing this today. How nice! Many thanks Jerry and Yoshiro.
Yes it looks like the black naped oriole. Will try to see it further. Many thanks again.
Was seeing this post in the list of pending posts, but my eyes had ignored it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.