We came from this location

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1529066

From 2011
# 1 I need to look this one up
#2 Split Second
# 3 and 4 Count Dracula love this mg
# 5 BMN Blue Marble Not

This message was edited Mar 7, 2020 11:29 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Thanks for the new thread.

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

Thanks Linda. and you're welcome.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms from the previous thread Jackie. Love the yellow Ochracea and your brugs.
Beautiful blooms from 2011 Jackie. All are special, love the colors.
I was away for the weekend. Got to visit several nurseries, bought a few more salvia plants. Found Thistle growing wild all over in LA. Wow they are wicked plants. Came home to 2 nice mg blooms. Also found a purple wildflower that I love the color of the blooms but have no idea what it is. Probably considered a weed.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena.
That purple bloom looks like a blue bonnet.

Thanks Helena. Love your gorgeous mg blooms The Thistles are wicked
plants. Beautiful blue wild flower. I found 1 blooming in my g house today a purple bloom. I think mine is a Petunia but I don't remember buying one unless it just came up in another pot. My new batteries in my camera were
faulty so I didn't get a pic, will change batteries and try tomorrow if its still
blooming.

My first hummer of the year.

Thumbnail by taters55
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. Hope you got a pic of your bloom Jackie.
Love seeing your hummer Linda.
I haven't downloaded my pics from Yesterday yet.

Congrats on your 1st hummer of the season Linda.
Helena I did get a couple of pics yesterday.
Maybe someone can id these blooms.
2 different colors
Here's my variegated brug with white blooms and then slowly turning

This message was edited Mar 11, 2020 11:38 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Beautiful blooms Jackie. I love how the brugs change colors.

Thanks Linda. Yes very neat when they change colors.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Love the colors.
I've been working on my yard still raking leaves. I'm thinking of chopping some of the trees down. Still more seedling trees coming up.
Here's what's blooming here.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms Helena. What are the yellow blooms.

Love your pretty blooms Helena. Nice to see whats blooming in your yard.
My Camellia is blooming but rainy here so haven;t been out to take any pics..

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie.
Those yellow blooms are the Carolina Jasmine. They grow wild and will take over the yard. I've been working on my yard, got a lot of plants out of my greenhouse, the reason I didn't get to get on computer.
Blooms from the last couple of days. Todays bloom hasn't been downloaded, slow service. Jackie we actually could use some rain here.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful pink blooms Helena.

I love that 2nd bloom with the light colored center Helena..
Wish I could send this rain to you. We've had so much again that I can hardly sleep at night, afraid a tall tree will fall on the house. This is our 8th straight day with measurable rain totals.

Gautier, MS

I'm sorry to hear you are getting so much rain Jackie. Hope it clears out for you.
We are supposed to get some but it has passed us by so far. I bought 2 passion flower vines and placed them each in new pots to climb my arbor by the patio. One has red flowers the other the plain flowers. I also took out some of my mg vines and put them outside. So now I will have to go out in the mornings to check for blooms too much to do here still. I did rest up on Monday. Jackie and Linda I hope you both are doing ok.
This mg bloom is from the other day.

Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful morning glory Helena.
We are doing fine here. Hubby and every other person on base 60 and over was told to stay home until further notice. Maybe this will encourage him to put in the paperwork for his retirement?

Tomorrow will be 12 consecutive days of rain, tying an old record for the most days with measurable rainfall.
Looking forward to your pretty passion flower blooms Helena.
I love your gorgeous bloom from the other day.. It's time right now for me to start my 1st few mg's. Hope I can find the time..
So far we have escaped the virus, knock on wood. I drink apple cider vinegar in water with a little grape flavoring pkt. added.
I;m trying to use it as a preventive,
Linda hope you can get your dh to put in for his retirement,

One of the prettiest ochracea blooms,wish I had swept the dirt off the shelf.
my variegated Monstera
Petunia
Amaryllis
variegated Brug making plenty of blooms.

Jackie, you have so many beautiful blooms and plants. Is the amaryllis in a pot?

Thanks Linda, yes this is pot grown, and the largest of my Amaryllis. I hate it that I
couldn;t get the rest of them to bloom. They were too pot bound to bloom.
I have repotted them but it is past the time they set blooms which is late winter or very early spring.

Sorry to hear that Jackie. Hopefully you will have lots of blooms this winter.

Yes, hopefully this coming winter.

Gautier, MS

Love your beautiful Ochracea bloom and other plants Jackie. All gorgeous. That is an awful lot of rain you're getting. Still no rain here. Glad you and Linda are doing ok.
Hope too your dh thinks of retiring Linda.
No blooms today but maybe tomorrow.

That last bloom you sent was a beauty Helena. Just glad when your mg's make a bloom for you to share with us, Will be a long time b4 I have any regular mg's blooming. That's why I need to go ahead and plant a few. I have Pandorea seeds and others I want to start too.
Still no bread or t tissue on the shelves. Should be some available soon, the stores are starting to put a limit on bread and paper products.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I hope things settle down for people to stop panicking buying.
Hope you are able to start some of your mg seeds too. When I was raking the other day I found a mg seedling coming up and it didn't look like a purpurea so it was a nice surprise. We finally got a light shower early this morning b/c the ground was wet but I don't think it was enough at all. These bloomed outside this morning, some of my new plants.

Helena, those blooms are so beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Love your blooms this morning Helena. Gorgeous red passion flower and is that an
Ixora on the end with beautiful pink blooms.?

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. Jackie that is Pentas, for my hummer. They come in purple, dark pink and white.
Some of my tropicals from yesterday. My mg seedling coming up.

Gautier, MS

Surprised to have 2 blooms on my wild blue indica. I think nice blooms on other mgs too.

Helena, those are beautiful. Love all the colors!

Helena, love your pretty tropicals., what is the white bloom? I
really like it too..
Beautiful mg;s too esp the indica. I think I;ve lost mine letting it get too dry this winter.
I did get 5 mg's started, waiting on them to germinate, I did get'interupted so didn;t get to finish starting a few more.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. That bloom you asked about Jackie is a white wisteria growing in my back yard. It has a nice scent too.
I'm glad to hear you started a few mg seeds Jackie. Hope you get to finish starting the rest.
The indica had another bloom I'll have to take a picture later. I was cleaning up a bit, it's trash day here. I still have too much to do, planting rose bushes, my mg vines too and weeds that have come up in my flower pots too. Never ending work.

Helena, I wondered if that was a wisteria. Very pretty.
Helena,too much work here too Other factors make it much worse than it should be, like wading thru mud to get my chores done, Now I have a tree branch hanging
low over my head right off the back porch like the whole limb could break. Hoping
my son will cut it down for me.,
The sun just came out, hope that's the end of the rain for a while., We have 70's coming this week and maybe even an 80 degree day,, bring it on.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I know the white wisteria grew wild here on a woody lot. I think that's where I got seeds from it. My purple wisteria already was here wrapped around our big oak tree. I thought it was going to choke that tree and kill it but the tree won and broke the vine. But then the wisteria sent runners in the yard. If I could start over I'd never have wisteria vines, campis trumpet vines, cross vines even honeysuckle vines, yellow jasmine too, all are aggressive and will take over and are hard to maintain. The wisteria didn't kill my tree but it got hit by lightning so the top is dying maybe 10 ft of the branches are dead, will loose it eventually.
Hope you get lots of sunshine Jackie and your yard gets to dry out. Hope your son gets to cut that branch for you too.
I have 2 nice mg blooms this morning, the first is a seed I started from goards (A) it's Hannahubuki x choco rose cross. The other bloom is from Azuremore, it changes from the light blue to some with stripes. My roses and pink powder puff bloom.

This message was edited Mar 24, 2020 7:31 AM

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena, at my ;last home, the wisteria had sent runners all across the yard, that's
happening here too. I do love it though.
Hope you only lose the top part of your tree. I've got several that need to be topped out, afraid they will fall on my house, but it's so expensive.
My branch that was hanging low was broke and laying in the yard this morning.
Hubby had pulled on it so it finally broke.
Beautiful mg blooms this morning Love gourd's cross and Azuremores bloom.
I hate it that Azuremore is no longer selling seeds.
Your roses are lovely as usual and pretty powder puff bloom.
The ants have killed my Powder Puff and now they;re working on my Tecoma stans

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. Glad your dh got that branch down. I know that getting someone to cut those branches would cost a lot. But I have branches that get rotten and brake off, just have to wait till it happens.
Sad that Azuremore doesn't sell mg seeds anymore, just don't know the circumstances of what affected his decision not to sell. Too much going on in the world now too. I want things to go back to normal, but thank God we are doing good here.

We have lots of dead branches too Helena,Have to worry that they might fall
on us or my cats.
I wonder if Azuremore just got tired since he made so many crosses and we know that' s very time consuming and a lot of work, I know I don;t have time for it,
Hope none of us get sick from the virus, scary but we just keep on running our'errands but try to keep them to a minimum. Today one of our local stores
actually had paper towels and toilet tissue left on the shelves. I've been drinking'
my ac vinegar but haven;t for a few days. Some days it's just hard to get all the
herbs in plus my regular medicine, I;m hoping the a c vinegar will help fight off the corona virus since I know it kills viruses.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.