Best/Worse/What I’d I learn Today..Pull Up a Chair,come chat with friends, everyone welcome!

Victoria Harbour, ON

We moved over from here

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=10470212

This little Dopey Rabbit had it right, thinking he is trying to tell us to mellow out Lol

Sipping coffee, just getting ready to wash walls then painting trim..

What are you all up to today??

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Verona, ON

Sun is shining brightly but it is cold out there.

Watching the news - that corona virus is the lead story everywhere. Feel bad for all those on cruises.

Need to spend some time outside today picking up the winter debris. I need to check and see if my chain saw is charged up. There are a lot of limbs down.

ILatch hook kit of Southwestern design arrived yesterday. It is pretty big - 5 ft wide and 2 ft high I have a frame that I will set it up on. It is going to take awhile to finish.

Betty how are you feeling this morning ? In a lot of pain? Hope Jeff can make it up to do the painting.

Debbie was saying she had daffodils ready to bloom. Mine are buried under snow and ice. Maybe late May for me.

Stay safe and well.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Daffodils are blooming all over here. Some of the trees have started blooming too.
Still too cold for my liking.

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

I love the new bathroom Betty.

I was in San Antonio for Thursday night. 2 appointments Thursday, 2 Friday morning. I got home about 3. Sat in the recliner and crashed for a few hours.
Rose's have new leaves but no blooms yet.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

I'm trying to pick up and clean up, get ready for Sis to come. We are planning on at least planning (& I hope cutting) some memory throw quilts from Ben's shirts. I would like to have one made for each of the 3 girls by Father's Day. We'll see. I always have BIG hopes and a LOT less follow thru. I'm aiming for at 45 X 60, preferably bigger. I bought 108" backings with the plan to use that fabric for the sashing etc as well.

Victoria Harbour, ON

No daffodils here but it is a beautiful day..lit the fire pit earlier and got rId of trim and boxes tub came in, even Xmas trees that was on front deck covered in snow..lucky you LIndakay to have blooms.

Pat, I typed out a whole post re your quilts, 8n cyber space, will retire once Jeff has left later today

Got my baby working hard...he is quiet when he paints, me laying on the bed watching him am a Chatty Cathy.😜

He just started the 2nd coat, nearly done..he will come back and do the trim 8n a few weeks, paint needs to cure before we put tape for edging...

I said it was the best birthday gift ever, he said it wasn’t for my birthday but a son thing...

I burst out laughing, I said I could stand all the junk around while renovating, he took me by the arm and said “now let’s have a look around at the ‘regular’ junk you have lol

This message was edited Mar 7, 2020 2:07 PM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Lyndonville, NY

They started mid February
Even through snow

Betty, love the room

Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy Thumbnail by DebbiesDaisy
Victoria Harbour, ON

Aren’t you lucky Debbie to have such pretties, when they are in full bloom will you bring a bouquet inside? LIndakay do you bring in roses?

I always buy bouquets, love to see the flowers remain where they are.

I was in bed Shortly after 5pm last night, had a sound sleep,woke thinking about my day..think Brian might come today while I’m out playing as she asked if I had painted window trim?? Nope, said I would in the morning, laid for a bit and decided to get up..was pictures we didn’t hang because of wet paint so got them hung..now I’m wide awake..LINDA is coming at 7 so will have my bath, do my hair and make myself comfy until she arrived...big sigh

This message was edited Mar 8, 2020 5:30 AM

Victoria Harbour, ON

Starting to come together...

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Going to be a long day for sure got lots done laid on the couch about 330 just woke up started the car as LINDA should be here shortly. I don’t know who gets these crazy ideas Linda or me or if we both push each other on but here we are on another adventure for the day I’m so hoping to be back for to pick up Brian go to Home Depot and buy the finishing supplies and new supplies that we need for the ceiling in the cafe!!

What exciting things will you be up to today?

It looks awesome Betty.
No, I don't bring in Rose's. I like them on the bushes.

Have a safe trip. I hope you find what you are looking for.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Betty I know you have something similar, but thought this very pretty.

Thumbnail by siliolegma

That is so pretty Karen! I would hope to have one someday.

Debbie, THOSE daffodils have been there while to have multiplied so nicely! I don't cut my flowers either. I have some beautiful silk arrangements I have made that are in the house. I can't bring myself to cut flowers knowing they won't last as long as if I keep them outside where they belong.

I was unware that this was the time to change clocks until I got up, looked at my phone and saw it didn't match the bedroom clock! I need to get a move on or I'll be late for church.

I hope to get several hours more work in the girl's memory quilts later today. I have not decided what pattern for sure that I will use for the next two. I have first one started.

Can't wait to see your quilts Pat.

Karen, I love that bench.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Yes, a few things similar Karen, like the rake addition..

I’m plum tuckered out

Thinking spring, made a floral piece for my table, need more flowers

Playing around this afternoon, trying to keep awake or I will never sleep tonight

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Beautiful arrangement Betty.

Is this the shawl you were making a few months ago?

https://youtu.be/xGkMbvfMRgs

Lyndonville, NY

I just walked out to back garden with Sam, and my tulips are up a good 4 to 6 inches!!! Never this time of year.

Next few days near 50, will see what else pops
Those daffodils have been there 20 years, spilt, divided. Moved and more!

Victoria Harbour, ON

54 here today Debbie, calling for snow Wednesday, wouldn’t you know the day I’m suppose to drive to Barrie to have supper with godson and his wife..

Think you talked me into going for a walk in the gardens Debbie and see what is happening in areas that has no snow..

Omg when Jeff was here Saturday he was looking in back yard and saying how ugly it all was having garden art sticking up here and there, acknowledged how beautiful it is in the summer though..kind of had to agree..lots of smaller pieces will go bye bye come spring

Went back and looked at that door Karen, hoping to find a rake at a garage sale come spring and add it to my outdoor piece..

How is the prep work going Pat? Was your sister able to come and play with you?

Talk about mud city..are you all dealing with mud?

Deb, are commercial being played yet? Was telling some friends to be on outlook

LIndakay, I didn’t ask were your results at doctor favourable?

I did fix Dopey Rabbit, you would have to know I dropped him and there was a big gouge..took the plaster I made Santa faces for Victorian Santa’s, added glue, filled the gouge, look a toothpick and made linear lines and painted the area..now where will he go??

Didn’t they have 2 large metal frogs, 2 & 3 feet high, could have come home with me But with reno’s Didn’t want to spend the extra few hundreds, another time...

Victoria Harbour, ON

Dianne, did you start your new punch art?

Betty, all test came out good. Still waiting on the mammogram results.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lordy, don’t know how someone lives in homes under construction..one week and I’m starting to go crazy and nephew is being ever so careful..bedroom done, just have to make my drapes which I will do on the weekend, he just did the mud on ceiling, tomorrow sand, another coat and then a final coat so dust will be everywhere..little bit more trim and then I can start filling up the linen closet, won’t be able to fully clean that bedroom until all his tools are gone..big sigh but, will look cleaner.

Imagine the cafe ceiling will take awhile, doing a drop ceiling there

That will be all until I save more pennies. Lol

One step at a time Betty.

Betty, our construction was ongoing for several months. I nearly went crazy. Paula was with us a month of it and cooked the meals for me in crockpot, electric skillet or microwave. ALL in our living room, NO kitchen.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning, hard till believe with this rain and high temps that snow is on its way tomorrow.

Brian was saying I was being patient, not checking all his work out so that is good..

Worse now is taking all the the country decor off shelves in the cafe, entire room had to be empty..needs a good clean but just wish it wouldn’t be today ..🥺

Pat, can’t imagine , you must have a lot of patience..
Took 2-3 months when I had flood in basement but as I lived on upper floor it didn’t seems as overwhelming.

Best I stop complaining, by weekend it should be close to done then I’ll be so pleased it’s done.

Dropping into the office this morning, just the corner around from Home Depot, so trying an old recipe, tomato soup cake, making one for here and one for the girls..hope they turn out... wish me luck

Good luck on the cake. I have never heard of tomato soup cake.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Betty I surely understand, Our bathroom is taking forever. Hubby just can't do as he used to and we can't afford to hire it done so living with the mess.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Roger’s dad used to make it decades ago, was on the label of Campbell’s soup late 40’s-early 50’s..for cakes cooked at 4:30 a.m. they turned out delicious..left one at home, told Sharon when she drops Brian off to enjoy with a coffee, my nieces are into the other one lol

I’m going to head to Home Depot, need tile grout for where Brian added little pieces of tile, some electrical wire for the new light in side area of den and to hang a new light going downstairs, then my work begins..gave to take everything out of that little cafe, Drats that is a big job..what I will do is keep doing loads in dishwasher so it’s all clean before I put it back in when new dropped ceil8ng is done..

Stopped pouring thank goodness, always worried I’ll have another flood.

Nice Karen that hubby can do such work even though it takes a tad more energy than he (as, guess patience is hard to come by for you as well..

Victoria Harbour, ON

Wish I could share desert

Victoria Harbour, ON

Oh Lordy half finished taking cafe junk off shelves, lots not going back up, cleaning house

Bought house in 2004, there on the shelf was a pretty box I had gotten from the ‘Welcome to the Neighborhood’ committee , didn’t use any of the vouchers so in the garbage they went..

Oh my. Amazing what we can find when deep cleaning.

Glenview, IL

Well Hello, Hello...It's me Seedtosser1, Seed, Lil Injun...or just Judy, lol.
Dashing through to say Hi oh man, oh man I sure have missed you all.
Have you in my daily prayers but it's just not the same as coming on line.
Had to subscribe and Change my password. ROFLOL, it figures there is Bettys cake first thing I see but at least I can't gain weight from looking. It does lol delicious though..Winks and Armwraps till later!

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Wow!! So good to see you stopping by Judy!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Oh Judy I am so excited..you saw my cake and look what I came across

Now for pictures of those Little ones

Oh you’ve so been missed..our talk this week saying the Ohio girls and Debbie coming this year and doors open for all others must have reached you.

Have you been crafting with the girls? Ohhh so missed your writings/stories

Another stranger popped up today, in cleaning the shelves (much in garbage) I sound in Rogers handwriting note to put turmeric in his pickles and call the bank..big sigh
And on the shelf hidden was a jar project I must have bought for a Christmas workshop, he is so cute, there he was, well hidden

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Oh Hi Judy, so glad to see you again. I sure hope you'll stay with us this time.

Yeah, Judy is back. We sure did miss you.

Awe, Betty. I know it brings back so many memories when you find mementos like that note.

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Every once in a while I run across something of my grandmother and have a bit of a cry. She's the one I miss the most.

I know it's not the same as the man you love but hard sometimes still.

This message was edited Mar 10, 2020 9:24 PM

My first hummingbird.

Thumbnail by taters55

WOW Linda!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all, dull day, thank goodness for the cold as it helps water problem..
They are calling for snow, hoping not seeing any seeing I have a Merry Christmas/birthday dinner tonight, rather have an early night

Just going into Midland for trim, supplies we need for dropped ceiling, already made a load to Midland d7mp, another in the morning..lots I threw away that was in the cafe, thought before I changed my mind best I make a load..hope it’s nice out this weekend so I can clean my car..using it for construction is not a good thing.

Karen, I so miss my grandma..she was a REAL person, easy to love..

LIndakay, are the hummers’ much earlier than other years..be a long time before I see one, in-fact there were so few the past few years.

Lordy my yard is filthy, my yard man came, cut tree limbs etc. and snow came, n9w it’s laying throughout the yard..I lost a big tree in backyard, sad about that

So what are you all up to today?? Please tell me it’s more exciting than what I’m doing..

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Warm sunny day today. it'll be hard to stay in and sew but needs to be done. Need a quilt for a veteran.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.