March 2020 Weather

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We are starting like lamb.
41º and sunny.
Fields are turning black and water is running.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

First thunderstorm of this season arrived after dark. Very mild temps and sunny most of day. Can't complain since I've been able to work in the yard 2 weekends in a row.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Snuck up on me while I was staring at the date, chuckl, 75* hi today 64* currently, our so called rain barely damped the concrete, cloudy gray all day and windy enough to keep knocking sweetgum balls to the ground. Still out weeding pine tree sprouts by the gazillions

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

Thanks CG for the March thread, busy weekend here...

We're 10 degrees warmer this morning than yesterday morning, 50F and up to upper 70's today, tonight's low will be ten degrees warmer too, 60F low. No rain, breezy.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

79*, gray and a bit of a southern breeze at 10 mph. 59% humidity doesn't feel bad at all- I had to relocate a rain frog, so put him out in the fennel

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

50 degrees and rain , same as yesterday .

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

83* today chances of showers 100%- we did get 1/8"- my friends in Tennessee were close enough to the tornado in west Tn to hear things crunching, but let me know they were okay, and undertaking storm cellar refurbishing today. It was a good day- or would be if I could find where I put my marigold seeds, grrr. 66* lo tonite. How about you Ju- any of those storms hit near you on their way out of Ky?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Nice day here, in the 40's & sunny. Snow is about gone in the fields.
Big piled in the groves will take a while to melt.

We have lots of seeds started. Planting more everyday.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens

Foggy morning, sun later, really warming up today, to 88F.

My thoughts are with those in Tennessee, still looks like a wicked line, so sad these storms seem to always hit in the middle of the night.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kitt , no storms ,only rain , 50 degrees and cloudy for today

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Started soggy and warm, found my marigold seeds, grabbed bone meal and mixed it into the soil, set my Super Sweet 100 vines, and here comes the rain. 3/8" and I got soaked. Got changed, rain quit, temp dropped to 64* I think, and the winds hit and started trying to tear the pine trees out, 14mph. Sun came out long enough for me to tote my newly caught rain water to the garden and finish setting the basil into a permanent spot. Brrr. The rainwater is yellow. Pine and oak pollen now painting the Deep South.

Thumbnail by kittriana

Pine and oak turning everything yellow here too.

Rain isn't here yet, but coming late tonight, windy morning, foggy, supposed to get up to 90 today, then drop to mid 40's again by tomorrow night.

We could use some rain here, wash all that pollen off everything.

Spring Blooms.....

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

23 degrees at the start of today , 47 forecast . 32 and sunny now ,
Sun Nice blooms
Kitt Nice the plant and planning chat

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

I set the clocks forward, DST again. 45* outdoors, but warming back up tomorro, rain chances disappeared, Doodle thinks he owns my bed, I had to wake him up and send his growling displeasured self packing, chuckl. Lucy the Warbeast considering whether or not she wanted to aggravate Doo or me...

Thumbnail by kittriana Thumbnail by kittriana
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Sunny & 43º this morning.
First kittens of the year are arriving right now. Pictures later.

Awww, can't wait to see the kittens. Cold mornings I have to kick Kit Kat out of my bed too, so I can make it up.

49F this morn, but warming up, was windy yesterday, that front didn't get us spit...we sure could use some rain. N. FL got it all. Cloudy out now.

Kit Kat on rat patrol....watching the shed, she'll do this for an hour at dusk.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

58F this morning, days have been quite pleasant here,we might get to 80F today. Been painting stucco on the house and today leave raking.

Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Sun,, cute ..squirrel and kitty , bet they watch each other ,,lol
Some birds here not as many as usual ..
50's here today and several days past , nicer weather some rain

variegated loosestrife showing through

Thumbnail by juhur7
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Snow early this morning , cold 30's

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

I have to admit, snow is pretty.

Meanwhile here in FL, mornings and evenings are really nice, no rain not too humid, getting a bit warmer each day in afternoons. They say stay home, so here I sit with coffee in morning and cool beverage in evenings. "My Happy Place"

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

74* now, may get to 80*, gray with 81% humidity, wind stirring 6mph from east...plants are growing like crazy where they get water, but we are way too dry on the coast

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

47 and sunny snow melting

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

39º Sunny today, now cloudy.
Snow is all melted here & rivers are going down.

62F this morn, up to upper 80's, way above our normal temps. No rain, the water tables are really low.

Madison, IL(Zone 6b)

Colder, windy, and cloudy after stormy cold front moved in overnight. Temps dropped from around 60F at sunrise to mid 45F before nightfall. Windchill around 36F. Tomorrow cooler with sunshine.

67F this morn, clear, up to 89F and just going to get hotter, next ten day record high heat. No Rain predicted for next nine days.
Tropical plants are happy.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Okay, didn't realize I missed a few days
We got rain and 51* at the lowest temps. 2.5" in first 30 hrs of rain, 1 5/8" next 24 hrs and 3/8" the 3rd 24 hrs. It is 78* here now. Bare trees instantly leafed out, frogs everywhere and calling each time a cloud passes over.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

near 50 and cloudy today here , 39 now still with cold nights

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

85* and the sun is back, 57% humidity- it dropped a wee bit this pm. One male hummer keeping an eye on a feeder. It is 5 pm cdt, breeze is sw @ 8 mph. Dogs go outside a minute and come back in panting heavy.

Thumbnail by kittriana
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

47º & mostly cloudy all day.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Hold the "Alt" button don & type 167. You will get the º sign.
Lots of fun stuff doing that. Like 155 ¢
Have fun.

I know about the Alt button, just lazy...LOL

It is warming a bit more each day here. Today up to 87º ☺ off and on clouds, WSW winds 10-20mph. There is a 10% chance of rain, so NO rain.

Butterflies laying eggs on my passion vine.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

47 this morning going for a high of 68 possible late rain

Sun nice to see the Butterfly !!!

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

89° I belive, gorgeous day.

91 degrees high today, was really nice on my morning walk, lots of people out walking this morning. They all seem happy.

Black racer snake giving me a nice pose.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Well, beautiful spring weather here. No below freezing temperatures here for next 10 days. So yesterday, crew planted Radish & snap peas in our Feed Bunks. These are 2 foot wide boxes, setting on saw horses. They are 32" off the ground, filled with a soil mixture.
Otherwise we are busy in the greenhouse transplanting seedlings in larger containers. Some off these are to sell and some to plant in our market garden.
These pictures are about a week ago.
Today is partly sunny & 45º.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful pictures! 91* here, I remember why my raised beds got so much water last year after 5 pots of boiling water on fireants. So I watered really good, got one panel over the Super Sweet 100's and went back in to cool down

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

about 60 and rain ..

Sun sssssssss

CG Market garden yummies !!!

Looking good CG, glad you warming up. Any kittens yet?

94° today...but for some reason the evening will be in mid 60's. No rain, next week will be better. Record high temps these next two days.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Of course they kittens. Early spring means early kittens. So far 1 litter of 2.
Cloudy, 45º. Rain later.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.