Morning Glories 2020 #02

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here

http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1526675

From 2019

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread Jackie. Beautiful blooms to start the new month.
Helena your blooms are so beautiful. I hope you get some seeds.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms from 2019 Jackie.
Thanks Linda , I'm hoping for seeds from that vine too.
Consistent blooms.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Linda and Helena..
More lovely blooms Helena,.
A shame Azuremores quit selling seeds when he was
creating such nice crosses.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie. I wish Azuremore was still on ebay selling his mg seeds. I guess it's been too many things happening around the world.
It's starting a nice sunny day here. I don't have any blooms inside but I saw a bud forming on one of my vines in gh so I'll need to keep an eye on that. I hope I get to pot up some of the baggie plants I bought last week. We might just have a early spring hopefully.

Our last sunny day here b4 a front comes thru tomorrow and the bottom falls out again, I';m not to hopeful for an early spring here Helena but it sure would be nice.
In the meantime,I'm so far behind I've got plenty to keep me busy.

Gautier, MS

Me too Jackie. Had to do errands so didn't get to do what I wanted to. I hope it isn't too cold. Still hoping for a early spring.

I need to go buy 5 more sacks of mulch. I've put out 5 bags and still wading thru water and mud. 90% chance of rain here tomorrow and Wed so its just going to get'worse.
Wish I could find smaller bags of mulch so I could lift them myself. Tired of waiting on my men folk to do it, smh

Gautier, MS

That sounds awful like you are getting way too much rain. The weather has been terrible in a lot of states. Not sure if it wants to rain here too. Hope you get your men folk to help you carry those mulch bags.
My monarch butterfly hatched this morning. I now have it inside a small aquarium. Another blue tint bloom with pink tube and a bud for tomorrows bloom.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Helena,. How long b4 you can set the monarch free?
Don;t they start eating right away?
Pretty blooms, I 'm really enjoying the blue tint bloom,
its special
My son has helped me but I hate asking him, he walks with a cane sometimes
because of his back.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, My butterfly was not interested in trying the orange I put in there. It was trying to find a way out. It turned to be a warm day, after checking on it several times I let it go. I noticed my Carolina jasmine bloomed and a few other plants next to my house still with blooms. I watched the butterfly fly over my house in circled before I lost sight of it. That's nature.

Congratulations on the monarch hatching. Beautiful blooms.

Helena, I'm glad you set the butterfly free since he was ready to go,. You did a good job giving him a safe haven until he was ready to take off.
Send pics of your jasmine and others if you get time to take photos.

Gautier, MS

I hope my butterfly flew South where is warmer.
A gray gloomy day here but kind of warm.
I had 3 blooms on my windowsill this morning. I will take pics of the jasmine blooms later when hopefully it'll get clearer.

Our cold front is here so the temps will be dropping all day.
Helena, is that 1st one Black King? It's drop dead gorgeous.
I love the others too, pretty Choc Silk and lovely shade of pink
on that last one.
An Easter Cacrus cutting with pretty pink blooms
That's rhe cigar plant I started a month ago needing a real pot.right beside it.

This message was edited Feb 5, 2020 11:26 AM

Thumbnail by patootie
Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie.
Jackie, that is the blue tint bloom from Azuremore. It looks dark b/c of being early and no sun. The position of the bloom too, no flash. I haven't started any Black King seeds yet. We had a really heavy downpour. Probably the temps are going down here too.
Love your pretty cactus bloom. The cigar plant looks good too.

Beautiful blooms ladies.
Cool here too. Only 45 for high for the day. 30 tonight, then it will warm up for a few days.

Thanks girls.
Helena, I never would have guessed that bloom to be the lite blue tint bloom.
It rained here for hours today when we were already flooded.
Linda your lows tonight will be colder than ours.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda. Since your spring might come sooner than ours Linda I'm hoping and encouraging you to sow at least some purpureas before it gets too hot for you. They can take some cold weather.
I had a few more blooms this morning. We are getting more rain here too.

I was going through some seeds yesterday. I am going to get some cups and soil this week end, and see what happens.
Do you suggest a type of soil for starting seeds?

Linda, you could always try some of the seed starter mix like Wal Mart sells and Lowes too.
Pretty blooms Helena, Love that soft pink color on # 2
I';m going to the Dr today. My ulcers had started bleeding so I had to quit drinking my orange juice,(too much acid) so caught a cold first thing.1st one I've had in years.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Jackie and Linda. I agree with Jackie on the starter soil mix. I buy mine from both Wal Mart and Lowes. I would soak the seeds Linda, you can see which ones swell up are the ones that are going to grow if you are going to start them in cups.
Sorry to hear you caught a cold Jackie. Hope you get better soon.

Thanks for the advice on the soil.
Jackie, sorry to hear you have bleeding ulcers. Praying they heal quickly.

Thanks ladies.Helena, I hate colds they make you feel so miserable, The
Dr did give me some anti-biotics. said it was a sinus infection
Linda, I've already'got the ulcers drying up,thanks to the aloe vera gel caps and aloe vera juice. I flavor it with grape kool-aid, makes it taste a lot better.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, Glad you got anti-biotics from the Dr. Hope you feel better soon. Glad you know what to take for the ulcers.
Took these pics when it was still a bit dark. Last pic of my monarch chrysalis about to hatch not correct word for it. I hope it's not too cold tomorrow, don't know if I can release it.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

I felt better today Helena but I'll keep taking the antibiotics to be sure I get rid of it
Beautiful blooms today.
I tried to read up on the monarch butterfly but there were too many variables
as to how long they live and whether or not they migrate to warmer climates..

Hope you are feeling better soon Jackie.

Thanks Linda, I had a better nite last night and a good day yesterday so
hoping I;m on the mend. The cough will probably hang on.like they always do.
A couple of my dbl blue Clitoria seeds have sprouted so I;m going to soak some more

Glad they spouted for you.

Linda, I;ve tried so hard to grow this beautiful vine but just have not done well with the seeds. I get them to sprout but then the vine doesn't thrive. I think they need more sun and fertilizer than what I've been giving them. So trying again with a bunch of seeds
Very determined this time, :-)

Here is hoping they grow long and strong.

Gautier, MS

Glad you feel a bit better Jackie. Hoping you get better from the cough too. Keep taking the anti-biotics.
Glad the clitoria seeds sprouted for you. Once you get them in soil they should start growing. I need to repot mine, haven't got around to it yet.
My butterfly eclosed -emerged yesterday. Waiting till it warms up before I let it go.
Had two small but pretty blooms this morning.

Thanks Linda and Helena
Lovely blooms this morning.Helena,
I'll keep on taking my meds and hope to be completely
over it soon.
Now I;ve broken my glass frames, hope I can get them fixed today.

Sorry to hear you broke your glasses. Hope there is someplace open today.

Linda, I lucked out and Wal Mart was open. The lady had them fixed for me in no time.I've been careless laying my glasses down beside me on the sofa instead of on the coffee table. So I probably laid down and rolled over on them and bent the frames. I'll be more careful from now on.

Glad you got them fixed.

Me too :-)

Gautier, MS

I'm gad you got your glasses fixed too Jackie.

A better pic of my butterfly before I let it goYesterday. A few more mgs from this morning.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful monarch butterfly.
I love the color's on today's bloom.

Great pic of your butterfly Helena. Love the pretty blooms..

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.