December 2019 Weather chat and pictures....Anyone have snow yet?

Winter Springs, FL(Zone 9b)

So sorry to be three days late with the December thread....we came from here... https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1521443/?page=2#post_10459628

Cold here in FL this morning, hovering at 41, frosty rooftops, we might see 60F today.

Thumbnail by sunkissed

Warmed up to 47 this morning. Kit Kat not leaving my bed. High today 67F sunny.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

WoW I still not sure I am in Dec, days are gorgeous at mid 70's, been thinking I have to do something and cannot remember what...

That's nice Kit. It was like that yesterday and will be today here too. Sunny and mild.

My son's Christmas Village

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

We have a few gray days coming, but no rain expected. Gauge SAID it was 71* but it felt more like 60's all day. Burning tomorro, will be busy...

Record high today up to 86 today sunny, rain coming after today...we need it badly.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

47* lo of 41* tonite, the winds have been 26mph. Drizzled the day away to a tune of 1" so far. Good indoor day!

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

20 degrees to 30 degrees here cloudy light snow

Hi Ju, been wondering where you were.

Cloudy gray, a bit cooler but not cold, 67F this morn, rain off and on, nothing real heavy. Might see 75F today, winds up to 20mph 60% chance of rain.

Full moon on Tues. night over Disney's lagoon.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

40 degrees mild day . kind of nice for this time of year ,,
26 or so tonight ,,

We got a lot of mist yesterday but not really any good rain, some parts of FL got a lot of rain, just not here...It's muggy 68F this morning, think the front stalled over us, high 74, more rain??? We'll see.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Hot today-82* and humid- I couldn't breathe if I was busy. Lo tonite after all this wind, (had a dead tree decide to fall today and miss the house and the septic by about 1 foot, ) is 68* with 80% chances rain, but hi tomorro at 8 am is apt to be 70* and temps dropping thru the day, looks like somebody is hoping for 31*, grrrr.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Monday started at 65* but by 10 am the weather was on a gentle slide down to colder temps. Not much rain after all- a scant 1/8". Now Tues at 1 am we haven't reached the lowest yet- 41* isn't yet the 36* dawn will bring. Wishing everyone well.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

29 degrees yesterday before our winter storm pic 1 Lots of snow this morning ,

Snow is now up to the lower branches in pic 3

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Ju the Snow is so pretty. lots of it too.

My son left Monday morning for Houston with his job, he had shorts on...LOL

Cloudy skies this morning followed by thunderstorms during the afternoon. High 83F. Winds SW at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 80%.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Beautiful sunny day 52* lo tonite 31*. still north winds 16 mph, and humidity a lo 41%. I THINK I wear shorts above 80*...not lower temps, shudder.

Wicked rain line yesterday evening, thought my pop up greenhouse was gonna blow away.

Winds from N 10-20mph. Started out at 64F at dawn, now at 8am it is 57, down to 48 tonight. No more rain today, sun should pop out later.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

As the snow finished falling yesterday morning the sun was shining all day , Today we are sunshine and 23 degrees for a high now with temps falling all day , forecast is 7 degrees for later ,,

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Ice on the outdoor waterbowl this morning at 10am, got up to 54* with sunshine, I am still cold. Currently 38* lo tonite of 32*. A lot of neighbors this year with lights out.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

well it got near , it is 8 degrees this morning boo goodness and brrr. These photo's were I knew I should of put the car away lol ? I will find it later ,,

Thumbnail by juhur7 Thumbnail by juhur7

Oh gosh that is a lot of snow, 8 degrees brrrr. Frozen water bowls, that happened here before, maybe twice. LOL.

47F this morn, sunny, will warm to 68F, only down to upper 50's tonight. Breezy.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Definitely first hard freeze Thurs morning, more ice than water bowl and the salvia and other stuff was bit to the ground. Didn't get above 37* til noon, brrr, but the sun feels good. What car Ju? Looks like a whole house is buried in that!

LOL I couldn't find a car either.

54 this morn, gonna be nice today. Sunny and 73. Atlas Launch was spectacular this morning.

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

47*, cloudy drizzly all day, but I did get the t'stat temps settled without a constant adjustment, working on a jigsaw puzzle...

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Kitt about the same today ,only got up to 42 though , felt almost warm after that 7 and 20 degrees temps ,

Sun Gets cold looking too lol oooh rockets , and solar oceans

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Gonna bbq that Lucy kitten. She thinks she can open anything by knocking it off of where I put it. High 55* WEAK SUN, at least the puter is working this day- it didn't want to yesterday after one of those cats stood on something til I couldn't scroll up, sigh, BBQ I tell ya.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Today was near 50 no wind , sunny , and nice lots of snow melt ,,

Kitt patience ,,and pets ,,, it is ,,,lol ?

Something about those Orange Tabbys, mine is still getting in trouble and he's 11 years old, he does rule all the other cats around here.

Today it is raining, and will be all day long. Not a cold front, some kind of tropical thing from the Gulf. Good day to make some cookies. High 71, it's 65 now.

This message was edited Dec 22, 2019 8:02 AM

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

44 our high coming today ,

Mingles and the shoes ,sort of a Season Stocking thing ?

Thumbnail by juhur7
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

Chuckl, with the oldest cat here, he is claiming little cloth tree ornaments and bringing them to me in the bedroom, dunno if he is asking for catnip, or telling me he is sharing the bounty, chuckl. So far, Lucy hasn't climbed the tree, and that is a good thing, tho I made a place for her to hide between the 2 pots of pothos under a grow light...55*, but outside in the back where the sun felt awesome, aired the house out weather.

Mingles is adorable. None of my kitties have paid any attention to the Christmas tree this year, first time for that.

Poured rain all night long, still pouring, mix of tropical and cold front. Rain maybe all day, but I see a clearing on radar. We're staying in upper 60's, not really changing.

Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

we are at the lower 50's here , sunny today ,,
54 the forecast for Christmas day , very warm here for this time of year

Sun Mingles is getting to where he sleeps most of the time

Ju, Mingles sounds like Kit Kat, she's always sleeping.

Today is much cooler and cloudy, front is moving off, breezy and still moist air. Christmas day will be much warmer up to upper 70's and sunny.

The hustle and bustle begins...so Merry Christmas to all my gardening friends.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Cooler here today also 38 degrees warming back up to 50's slowly ,,

Wreath and lights , All making my wit sing Have a Holly Jolly Christmas ,,,

Dreary day, off and on rain, not a cold front, so muggy, this stuff keep coming up from the southeast. We don't usually have so much rain in the winter.
69F now, they say up to 78 but sun needs to come out for that.

Bear and her new toy bear.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Cloudy and 59 degrees here ,, Lots of warm weather hanging on , .

Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

7 pm, cst, 72* and the clouds have finally after 2 days, managed to just now throw a rain on me. Probably won't last long. OW! Lucy, quit it!

Thumbnail by kittriana
Anderson, IN(Zone 6a)

Rotfl rotfl rotfl ,LOL lol lol ,,
Rain and 60 degrees here

Rain, sun, rain sun, muggy. It is about 77F at almost 4PM. Kitties like stocking feet. LOL.

Squirrel taking a rest on the fence.

Thumbnail by sunkissed
Magnolia, TX(Zone 9a)

She likes my feet, my sweats, my shoulders and really except for her desire to play with me too hard, she is sweeter than both NonToms, chuckl. TEMPS dropped to 51* - lo tonite 39*.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.