Best/Worse/What did I learn today?Chat with friends,old & new, come sit a spell!!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thought I’d best move us over..

We came from here

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1516839/

Thanks LIndakay, Colleen is devastated as is her family!!

Was in town, managed to do some shopping, Lordy my shoulder is giving me the what for..

This message was edited Nov 6, 2019 5:38 PM

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

so sorry to hear about this tragedy, Betty - I can well imagine that she's devastated.
So quickly, something like this happens.

Nope, no snow plow front Dianne lol Happy to hear your eye surgery went well. Now, to stay nice & quiet & let it all heal.

Our "guest".... he cost too much before Hallowe'en, so we got him just afterwards - 75% off! He's motion activated and eyes flash & he has a nasty laugh lol
Makes me think of One Eyed Willie from the Goonies lol

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Thanks for the new thread Betty.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all, squalls in my neck of the woods today tis November and I live in Canada!! can't expect Florida weather right?

The girls in the office painted their planks for the trio presents, if the weather cooperates I’m hoping to go in and get them to finish them as I’ve supplies and tools there that I need here..

Susan, that is a deal you can’t walk away from.

Been up since 4:30, got housework done, I’m dressed and having a coffee then will head downstairs to do step by step snowman hat on the 13th Annual Christmas Craft Workshop thread..so wanted to do it but my shoulder was hurting last night so it had to wait...this morning I’m full of energy so I’ll finish my coffee and head downstairs.

Drats, I have to either find more friends and family or stop crafting..last tote I opened was full of gifts left over from last year plus the ones I found in another box , I’ve got quite an assortment!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Forgot to mention, besides these leftovers is a tote half filled with unfinished wood projects..

Lots to do today so best I get at it

Ziggy is bidding her time until I do something more interesting! Lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Snow on the ground here..but the road is clear. Those little faces with knitted things are so cute. I have Senior's exercise at 10am, then a luncheon at a church hall with my friend Liz.

Thumbnail by Starzz
northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Still getting caught up from my trip to Virginia Beach. I've been home almost a week, and my van is still loaded! Left here with beautiful fall weather, came home to winter! There was a couple inches of snow on the ground when I got home, that has since melted, but had freezing rain and light snow overnight, and temps staying below freezing for the next few days.

Had a great trip, my Charlotte won Reserve Winners at one of the Afghan specialty shows. There was a lot of positive talk about her, and she really stood out because she isn't a real common color. The second photo is her in the show ring with her handler.

Thumbnail by momcat Thumbnail by momcat
Victoria Harbour, ON

Talk about a beautiful dog Deb, worthy of her winnings...looks so elegant, feel like I want to run my fingers through the coat..you can be proud, perfect specimen of the breed.

Snowed last night and snowing again, I’m thinking of going into the office later so the girls can finish their Christmas pieces, dual purpose, I can take photo’s of the process while they are doing them..

Before going in though have a few things to do..yesterday I stopped into norms gallery to check what greenery they have, holy smoke, few spring and they want $7.99 ..Melanie wondered if Walmart had any so will check that out..want to do the Christmas elves but not spending $100 for cedar to do them and not up to travell8ng back concessions to cut my own..

Carole, we did those glass blocks maybe 6 or 7 years ago in our workshop..think some of you have them??

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Beautiful Afghan. Saw one running on the beach many years ago. So graceful.

Deb, your dog is beautiful. Congratulations on the win.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Girls had. Great day today
I’m ready for bed but Melanie says she is coming to do her gnomes tonight..here is hoping she changes her mind!

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Those are beautiful.

Victoria Harbour, ON

I just got in,Melaniewas off at 3 and dropped off her greenery, hoping we can reschedule as imsore..

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Beautiful dog ||||||||Momcat. |Can you explain why people with show dogs have handlers, please. Why don't the owners of the dogs just show them? It must be very costly to have a handler for your dog.

Victoria Harbour, ON

this old gal is tired, Melanie coming t9morrow night to make the 36” gn9me..tonight was the test piece, 24” gnome

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

I love those gnomes.

What did you use for the nose?

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Charlotte is a real Beauty! I can see how she's get awards!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Leg of panty hose

northeast, IL(Zone 5a)

Love the gnome!!

Thanks for all the kind words about Charlotte.

Some people show their own dogs, and, I do sometimes, but my fat old arthritic legs can't run as fast as my dogs can, and at this show, the ring was huge, and the dogs are judged partly on their movement. My friend/handler (I've known her parents since the 70's), can run a lot faster, and she knows the right speed to run to make Charlotte look her best. Some handlers can be horribly expensive.

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Thank you Momcat. I understand now.

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

I am grateful it's Friday and I could drag what was left of me home. It's been a LONG week.

Get some rest Pat.

Just got word yesterday that Todd's sister has been placed on home hospice. She has been fighting her 2 round of breast cancer that has spread rapidly. Meds did not work. She has a large cancer on her vocal cord and she has not been able to speak much, and now she can't swallow.
Please keep Eve and the family in your prayers please?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all, had snow last night, few sprinkles in the air..

LIndakay, sending prayers for your family and extra big hug for you..how truly overwhelming it is, one feels so hopeless that they can’t help..

Pat, I do hope you’ve nothing planned for the weekend so you can regenerate those inner batteries..of course sewing is ok, takes stress away.

I’ll have to soon get dressed, been up since 5, opened a few more totes, spent most of my time walking about trying to find a place to set them..saying to self, ‘who to heck has this much Christmas decor they don’t need”

I now have several choices:

Go into Barrie to buy yardage for the gingerbread men I want to embroider for Christmas carollers, need about 30

Finish the red scarf ..3/4 done

Paint 8 white tree ornaments - need faces then into socks they go

Finish the 3 trio sets of wood left over, they can be gifts, although all gifts have been looked accounted for +

Clean santa’s Workshop

Work on 4 Victorian Santa throws which are gifts

Start embroidering scroll family names on about 12 more pillows

What to do, what to do
Am sure you’ve all a list as long

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Today is the doll project at Marie's, Sunday church but no other "plans", Monday stay home and sew, then BACK to Marie's Tuesday. Because Monday is my regular day off, I get Tuesday as well. I always have to used an extra 2 hours of PTO for the holiday (we only get 8 hours & my regular day is 10 hours).

I am hoping these 2 days will end the doll project for the year with the exception of making the deliveries to the various charities. I am ALL for doing 2 days and anything not done, saving for next year. It seems Christmas is coming and I will not be ready. I have a couple of quilts I would like to do. I won't even get the panel for the one until later this month & then find a day I can rent the long arm.... nervous! I might just plan on taking a day off work during the middle of the week in December, reserve the machine now. As long as I give 72 hours notice, I can cancel without paying. THAT is probably the safer route to go.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lordy Pat, don’t think that is resting..at least when I sit and knit it’s kind of resting lol
Think you should book the longarm, you will feel better getting your project done..
Don’t know how Christmas got here so quick andmy still needing to do a tad more, although the tad more is for no one in particular.

I keep looking at the clock, feel it should be bedtime but it’s not even 1, guess when you are up at 5am you get much done lol

Seems when I’m under pressure I start new projects..

Been waiting for the planking for the present trio I’m doing tutorial on for the 13th Annual workshop thread isn’t drying quickly enough..I had a set almost done, all but the ribbons, got them done, and now I wait.

Thinking of making a nice chicken dinner with scalloped potatoes, if this afternoon goes as slowly as this morning I’m sure I have time.

Liz, not sure where I ended the scarf instructions but think it’s here..

I did 6 rows 36 sets of knit, then the 6-8” strands of knit 1 row, purl 1 row and now ready to divide into 6 sections of 6 stitches

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Make sure Liz when you start your 8” rows x 6 that the knit will match the knit side of the other 8” lengths
And these 6 stitches are knit one row and purl one row

This message was edited Nov 9, 2019 3:24 PM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Tmelanie just came to use santa’s Workshop, got her 2nd gnome done, we found shortcuts from 1st smaller gnome...
36” gnome was just too adorable

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Those are so cute. How do you attach the greenery to the tomato cage? With wire?

Victoria Harbour, ON

First one we did, but this one I bought those plastic ties,
Small and med..

Victoria Harbour, ON

Doesn’t take long to do the 8”, now on to the next

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

LindaKay - you have my heartfelt condolences.
Betty - my "to do" list isn't quite that long..... but it is daunting sometimes.

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Love those gnomes..going to make a pair soon.Thanks for the instructions, and photos.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Susan, is daunting..to me I’m working in slow motion with a list that is a mile long..
If Christmas was tomorrow there are enough gifts for all so why I feel I’m way behind is beyond me....

Don’t shake your heads, have for past several months been feeling as though this is my last Christmas and all has to be perfect..odd thought, doom and gloom

But for today my list is getting done, Justin slow motion.

Melanie is coming tomorrow afternoon to do a set for her girlfriend..I have everything for mine but said I wasn’t not only not up to it but where to heck would I put them??

Victoria Harbour, ON

Back to scarf..
I’ve done my 6 strands of 6 stitches for 8”
Each strand has 6 stitches on a pin

At this point I sew in all wool ends EXCEPT the ends on the pins

This message was edited Nov 9, 2019 5:44 PM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

I tried to lighten photo as best I could so you can see

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Now I make sure the knitted side of the strands are upward, bend the scarf end on an angle as to better twist

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Now bring the scarf end over so we can start to braid

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

I start my 1st braid on top of the other side

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

2nd braid goes under

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.