Morning Glories 2019 #11

Jacksonville, AR(Zone 7b)

We came from here http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1517197

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie
(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Beautiful blooms ladies.
Thanks for the new thread Jackie. Hard to believe it is November already.

Thanks Linda. Very hard to believe it's November. I don't even want to think about the holidays. Still too much going on here.
I have a thyroid biopsy Monday for a thyroid nodule. I'm not too worried as
People have told me it's usually pretty easy to treat or remove if necessary

Praying you get good results Jackie.

Gautier, MS

Beautiful blooms Jackie. Hope your Dr. visit gives good results.
You are right from the previous page, I just copied what was on my computer. It just didn't register those blooms were from my other good camera so that date was wrong. I didn't start growing mgs until 2007, so those blooms could be from 2008.

Thanks Linda and Helena. Just got to get thru tomorrow.

I made it thru my procedure today, won't know anything for a couple of days.
I chose not to have sedation, just local numbing, so I could come home sooner, It definitely had a
bite to it, lol
Someone dropped a baby kitty off on us again. Pound won't take him since we live in another county. We're already attached to him now so I guess we'll keep him,.

Sometimes that numbing shot can be worse than the procedure. That stuff stings.

Yes indeed, lol Just glad to be thru with it for now anyway.

Gautier, MS

Glad everything went good and you are ok Jackie.
I don't know about people that drop off kittens, glad it doesn't happen here too often.
I had to stop this morning and help a turtle cross the street on way back from taking my g-son to school. I was surprise to see one this late in the season. Usually it's in spring that we see them.
My latest mgs are taking off in laundry room, the ones on the window sill are smaller, guess it's been a bit cold and no sun for the week that we were getting rain. I'm getting ready to get some from the laundry room into bigger pots and just not sure where I'm going to find room for them.

Helena, very weird that a turtle was out this late in the fall. glad you stopped to
help, I hope you get your mg's potted up, looking forward to your blooms.
Space is always a problem here too, will they fit in your greenhouse?

Gautier, MS

It was cool in the morning but it warmed up by noon. That's how our weather in MS is a couple cold days then warm again. We are back to using AC again especially in the car by noon even in winter.
I got 6 mgs into bigger pots and placed them in gh after a cleared a table under growing lights and will have plenty of heat lamps when I need them. So for now they got a good start.

Sounds like you got quite a bit done Helena. Our temps warm up for a couple of days, then go down in the 40's for highs. Feels like we're
being cheated our of our pretty fall weather.
Bad news the ants in the ghouse are not dead, they simply disappeared in to my big pots, The species mg was looking so bad I found hundreds of whiteflies. I yanked it all out but its too late,
the damage done. I'll try to spray with listerine tomorrow.

Gautier, MS

Well, looks like next week we will be in for some cold weather here too.
I'm sorry to hear about the ants in your pots. I usually scatter ant poison all over the floors in my ghouse. If I get them in pots during the summer I feel a bucket of water then place the pot in there that usually forces the ants to leave. I try to scatter ant poison around my pots outside too. What is the listerine measures to spray?

Sounds like you have all been busy, moving pots, repotting. Ants are so hard to get rid of. We spray mounds all the time, it never kills them. Only makes them move over 2 feet.

Helena, dh didn;t cover the entire g house floor with the poison last month.
The poison is probably what ran them into the potted plants. I watered a bunch yesterday and they all came scramblng out of the pots but simply returned
after the water all drained out. My cats go in there on days when the door is open
so I can;t cover the whole floor in poison.
I don;t dilute the listerine but maybe I should. I know about it cause I had read about listerine killing mosquitoes and flies. Just don;t let it get on any wood surfaces. I hold my plant up so that I can spray the undersides of the lvs. that makes the'whiteflies fly up and I hit them with the spray again
I use generic listerine from the $ store. If you dilute, just do 2/3rd listerine to 1/3rd water. For the scale and mealy bugs, I use alcohol on a q tip and simply wipe them off.

Gautier, MS

Thanks for the info on listerine, Jackie. I heard about using alcohol on mealy bugs and scales too. Our headaches with bugs, I wish they didn't exist.

On the other hand I'm enjoying this beautiful warm day here in MS. Soaking a few more old seeds to see if I get them to germinate.
Linda I do like gardening a lot can take my mind off other things.

I love gardening too. As well as quilting. They are both my therapy.

I get so tired of the bugs too Helena Just something we'll always have to deal with
Gardening and quilting both good therapy. Bowling helps me but I haven;t been in years.

Gautier, MS

Enjoying another beautiful day here after a light sprinkles this morning.
It's been way too long for since I bowled too. I think quilting does take a lot of concentrating. I get interrupted too often for me to even think of trying it.
The seeds I soaked swelled so the next step was to wrap them in damp paper towels and place them zip lock bag on top of utility light to wait for their roots to break through. Then place them in their own cups tomorrow if they look healthy.
These pictures were with my Canon camera maybe in 2016

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Beautiful blooms from 2016 Helena, glad you're getting ready to pot up some new
seedlings.
I got some good news today, my biopsy did not show any malignancy. I had to call my pcp to find out anything.Its' been like pulling teeth to try and find out anything from the endocrinologist's office. Staying on hold for 20 minutes until you give
up and just hang up.

Glad to hear you got good results.

Beautiful blooms Helena.

Thanks Linda, a big relief.

Gautier, MS

Jackie, I'm glad too you got good results.

Thanks ladies for the comments. Blurry pic though, wish we could delete when we post and see that it's not a very good pic.

Cool morning here, I got most of my plants inside gh that I want to save for next year. My 4 o'clocks I'm leaving in their pots outside, maybe next to he house.
My indica has blooms on top of ghouse and tree. New seedling of milky way cross with a very lite marking on bloom.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Thanks Helena, I don;t see any blurriness to your pics. Amazing indica.
Is that a hint of blue on your pretty MW cross?

I repotted my new yellow Brug and it has new buds, One opened 2 days ago
Variegated Monstera
Cigar plant still blooming its head off
Dany's # 8 I'll grow this one again Aug bloom 2019
Blue Silk Aug 2019

This message was edited Nov 11, 2019 12:21 AM

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

WOW. Glad to see you have a brug blooming. They are so pretty. Love your other blooms and plants too.

Thanks Linda. I;m very happy to see my yellow brug setting new buds.

Gautier, MS

Thanks Linda and Jackie. Was away for the weekend again. Now I'm not sure if that was a hint of blue on MW or fuchsia. I'll have to check later... I did have seeds with blue in 2016 but I misplaced the seeds. I do want to grow them again so I need to look for them. Most of the old seeds I soaked didn't take, only got 4 germinated, 2 are MW.
Beautiful yellow Brug bloom Jackie. The plant looks very healthy. I love those leaves on your Mostera. Glad your cigar plant did so good. The mgs are awesome.

Thanks Helena.
Sorry the old seeds didn't germinate, at least you tried. I need to do'the same.
I've lost some of my 2019 seeds I just collected. I know they're here somewhere
just mis-laid them.
A steady rain here with temps falling all day, down to 23 tonight. Only 37 tomorrow
for a high. I hate it already

Cold front is supposed to hit here too, about 2 this afternoon. Winds are supposed to start howling and temperatures will drop to low 30's tonight.
Stay warm everyone.

Linda, my dd bought extra chili for chili dogs and pizzas as if we are going to'be snowed in, lol. We may just have a light dusting here says the weather man. I'think for us it will mostly be the cold wind chill with temps feeling like 13 to 17 Wed am, ouch!!

Gautier, MS

Hope you find your seeds Jackie. Well, guess everyone might get bad weather. They started warning us for a freeze for Wednesday morning. If it rains it might be bad.
It was kind of warm today. Crazy weather but I wouldn't mind having a stay in day.

Helena, they've had it so much worse going East, so guess I shouldn't
complain. By this next Week, our temps will be back in the 60's for highs.
24 here right now.
I think its just a couple of packs missing, Pres Bush for one.
From this summer
Cameo elegans looking unlike herself
My spec mg
Debs lovely pink
my large elephant ear
ginger

Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie Thumbnail by patootie

Jackie those pink and purple blooms are so pretty. That elephant ear looks huge. I bet that ginger smells good.

Thanks Linda.
That ginger is almost dormant now. You know, I don't think it had a fragrance or
none that I could detect.

Gautier, MS

Love your beautiful blooms Jackie! I can't wait to have blooms on my mgs again.
I don't know about the East coast yet but yesterday it got cold and very windy. It was 29 this morning and 30 by 7 am. Slowly now to 45. Beautiful sunny day though. My hamelia patens got frosted this time. A couple more frosts and I'll have to cut it back.
I have a Cletoria t. double germinated and a bunch of salvia seeds I started. I'm pretty sure my plants in my ghouse did ok. I have 4 calliandra seeds that came up too. I went through some of my mg seeds and found milky way cross so now just hope they germinate when I start them. Hope you find yours Jackie.

Helena, I'm sure I have been hearing about blizzards already working their way East.
We got down to 17 or cooler this morning. they say 27 tonight so a little warmer
Glad you got Clitoria sds germinated. I'm going to try again too,.
I got my last sd pod off of Pres bush, It had 4 seeds so happy to have them since I
can't find the sds I already gathered this yr. Hopefully that's the only pkt I'm missing

Gautier, MS

I guess we'll be warming up some Jackie. It wasn't bad here at all this morning.

Guess what I spotted on my mg vine on window sill this morning? Surprised me to see a bud one one of the vines! I haven't even given them a bamboo stick to climb on yet. My salvia seedlings are doing good too.

Thumbnail by helenahkh Thumbnail by helenahkh

Oh, I can;t wait to see the blooms on that mg Helena. The buds look like they're coming up on the stem itself. In 2017, I had an unusual mg that made a thick stem and the blooms were not what I expected.Your mg buds reminded me of it. I'll see if I can find a pic in a few.
Your Salvia seedlings looking good too.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.