Plant Identity and Suggestions For My Bog Garden

Auburn, AL

I am working on the bog garden in a small pond I dug just upstream of my larger pond. The small pond has multiple depths, including a bog area. I can control the level by pumping water from one pond to the other. Usually, I time the pumps to cover the bog area at night and drop a couple of inches during the day. The pitcher plants seem to like that scheme. I plan to upgrade the bog area this winter to add more pitcher plants and possibly eliminate the cattails and the green grassy weed. Right now I need to try to identify the weed, so I can decide whether I should try to get rid of it. The first image shows the overall small pond with the bog on the left. The next image shows a closer view, and the third shows a closeup of the weed. I would appreciate any help on the identity of the grassy weed and suggestions on whether I should try to eliminate it. Other suggestions on suitable plants would also be appreciated. I'm trying to use mostly plants native to the Southeast U.S.

This message was edited Oct 5, 2019 6:59 PM

This message was edited Oct 5, 2019 7:00 PM

Thumbnail by FarmerCharlieB Thumbnail by FarmerCharlieB Thumbnail by FarmerCharlieB

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.