Best/Worse/What did I learn today?? Come sit a spell, newcomers always welcome..come join in the chat!

Victoria Harbour, ON

Thought I’d move us over from here:

https://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/1512731/?page=15#post_10447388

Birds are chanting, they sound happy, they were swimming in the puddles awhile ago, trying to remember how to attach the video lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

Hi ladies, popping by to say HI and just check in ..

Beautiful fall day here, stripped the beds and put the sheets on the line.

Lots of tweeting birds here too Betty, and, screechy ones, the Blue Jays are very verbal :-)

As always with me, it seems 24/7 dogs, dogs dogs .. mega $$ as they ALL have had a seasonal reaction to the GRASS !!

Lorna will be done work soon, I hope, her L shoulder is quite sore and I think she has an impingement .. only way to fix that is to REST, but, she is in constant motion. She has gotten 2 awards for her gardens this year, she sure worked for them, but, at 60 is feeling the aches and pains.
Her Mom just had a bad spell, turned out to be a kidney infection .. meds helped, but for 3 days it was touch n go as she lost her memory !! Thoughts of traveling down there in a rush are in the past now as we have diabetic Piper to contend with .. he would have to come with and really would not assimilate well I am sure without his 'girls'

LK .. I bought a new car on Thurs (HIGH 5) .. a 2020 Toyota Corolla LE .. like your Durango, it's silver :-) Get it tomorrow.

Gord has had trouble with his knee replacement, but, thankfully NO infection, just chronic pain ..

Hoping all of you are doing well ... hugs :-)

~M~

Victoria Harbour, ON

So nice to see you post “M”

Just don’t know how Lorna does it bad enough she contends with issues with her prosthesis and now works in the garden comes up winning awards. Kudos to her. Sorry to hear about her mother not easy living so far away, her brother lives nearby does he not? Not that that helps because I’m sure she’d love to see her mom to make sure she’s OK. Difficult for you as well so many home commitments, you are Much like Sharon, she can’t leave until 630 in the morning and Hass to be back 630 at night to give inuk needles.

These fall days are perfect and yes the birds are just singing and those that aren’t singing sure are chirping up a storm. Was raining so heavy had a big puddle in the drive and it was the gathering place this morning, birds were bathing in it, guess before they head south they wanted to be clean lol

Lovely vehicle as well, I’ll wait til spring and look for a new one, don’t put as many miles on mine so won’t hurt to wait.

No fun living in constant pain, is there nothing they can do surgically? Been a few years since his replacement??

Had a lot of energy earlier, tired now..trying to decide if I want to clean up my mess downstairs now or in the morning before the girls get here.

Pacifica, CA

afternoon all,
blue was one of the kittens from the feral cats we have here, a lot of the cats here have similar markings they said he is a orange point with Siamese,
oh lordy he is a hand full lol, he loves to be the boss over us and the dog, very vocal always singing when he is running all over the place, he is so crazy always frizzing his tail either at us or poor hoppy we just love him to death he is a lot of fun.

Victoria Harbour, ON

You have me smiling, can just imagine ..beautiful markings
That hubby of yours must fuss as much as you do.
Only Siamese I’ve ever had contact with frightened me..
You neighborhood has a program that feeds and neutered right? I remember you telling something of the sort when Rita and I were there.

Ziggy is downstairs sleeping on the couch, guess I didn’t leave much room for him beside me, was here but he is sooo heavy laying on my chest.

Are you still on vacation Liz?did Kenny take same?

Rita was telling the Ohio girls as was Debbie just how fun Kenny is.

Video I took has all the birds, just have to figure out how to post

This message was edited Sep 22, 2019 3:10 PM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Thunder Bay Ontario, ON(Zone 3a)

The birds are having a great time :-)

Lorna's bro and wife live in Beeton, so, not too far .
Lorna just spoke to her MOM on the phone, ended up sobbing as her Mom has forgotten she was taken out for breakfast this morning, and shopping. Has no recollection of this at all .
I have a sneaking suspicion we may be headed east .. wait and see right now.

~M~

(Linda Kay) Amarill, TX(Zone 7a)

Betty, videos have to be downloaded to YouTube, then posted here. DG doesn't allow us to directly download videos.
Congratulations on the new car "M". Praying they have an easy fix for hubby's knee.

Pacifica, CA

betty, today is last day of vacation ,
went to my moms for two days to help my sister try to get my nephews room clean goodwill and pack up stuff he still wants, my poor sister has rheumatoid arthritis in her hands has a hard time, my nephew well he has a girlfriend who controls him and id like nothing more than to slap her face and box his ears! imagine cant come and clean out his own room..

as for Kenny he loves that cat said he didn't want a cat, just the other day blue ignored him, he threw a hissy lol take the cat back, and get another kitten blue turned and clawed up his leg, Kenny says oh there you are and they start rough housing I think their both nuts lol
no Kenny didn't take vacation.

m,hope hubbys knee gets better, poor lorna mom its so hard to go through that
I remember it with my grandmother still upsets me, so hard.

lk hows blacky?

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning everyone, light rain today...

Waiting for the gals to get here, managed to clean the craft room a bit, at least clean enough for them to work in..

Liz,Kenny would NOT let you find a new home for Blue..men..wants to get you all riled up lol. Is your nephew now moved out? I know a lady who gave written notice to her son to get things purged and room organized or all would be in garbage, gave him 2 weeks..he didn’t take her seriously but at end of the 2 weeks room was empty/spotless..he wasn’t a happy camper but she did warn him.

I didn’t get everything I wanted to do done this past weekend, was out Friday night, worked in craft room till noon then became a couch potato, damp weather played havoc with paint drying and lack of Xmas decorations but feel good at where I’m at

Best I get a coffee, girls will be here shortly

Nice place to enjoy my offer, so relaxing watching lights all aglow

This message was edited Sep 23, 2019 7:52 AM

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

Years and years ago, my mother complained that many of us "kids" still had stuff in their basement. They wanted to be moving before too long, within the year. I said I'd take care of it. Called siblings and told them all that anything still in the house would go into a yard sale or donated.
My brother got his shell reloading stuff out, etc. ( gun powder, brass, reloading equipment). I was just as guilty of having things there... anyhow. Within a few months of everybody getting their stuff out, there was fire that started during the night. I shudder to think what additional problems we would have had if we hadn't gotten all that stuff out!!

Pacifica, CA

pat that's awful glad no one was hurt.

betty I really like the coffee can craft lots of possibilities
talked to judy this morning shes doing good a little sewing, but she is taking care of her mother in law she lives with them now she has some dementia and alzheimers, boy I sure do give judy a lot of praise, not a easy situation.

Liz, blackie is doing ok. When we found him, he was covered with fleas and ticks. He had heartworm really bad, that left permanent damage to his heart and lungs. He takes 3 pills every day to try and control his cough. We are doing our best to keep him comfortable for how ever long he will be with us.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Pat, can’t even imagine what gun shell powder would have done had it been there, thankfully no one was injured right?

Oh Lordy Liz, that is taking a lot on for Judy, she is patient and caring so hopefully with the girls helping out from time to time to give her a break she can continue to care for her for awhile. Yes the can project was sooo simple..charger plate from dollar store lol and likely all the fixings..would be great gifts for anyone to make as gifts, much prettier when you see them vs photo.

LIndakay, how old would you say Blackie is? Does he get to ride in the new wheels lol

Grrrr bit of a headache so decided to shut lights off downstairs..could hear a noise in laundry room, sump pump making terrible noise,, look in the hole, no water but pump working..called Greg and he is 150 miles away on a job, told me to ship it it off and the other battery pump should cover keeping up should there be water coming in..did that with a flashlight, wouldn’t you know either the bulbs or ballast are dead,no light, big sigh..looked in the hole and there was one of my blouses wet, pressure sitting on foot valve and pump working overtime sucking nothing up..only thing I can think of it I had it on washer and either I or Ziggy moved it without knowing...so, turned hydro back on and so far so good..

Going to try this bed thing lol ..those pumps are getting the better of me..

Blackie is about 8 years old. Getting up in his years.
Sure hope your pumps keep working.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Evening all, rained a tad this morning then afternoon sunshine, Lordy the leaves are turning color and falling, can’t be anything but fall!

Just got in from town, did groceries, looked for comfy slacks (no go)..bought 6’ piece of laminated 12” plank, kind of smooshing technique..I’ll work on it this week to see how easy/difficult to do. I’ll add internet picture of design.

Girls were here this morning, Pat got another shopping bag done, wonder why I keep forgetting photo..a friend of hers who sees but is having difficulties will love getting one so I’m doing 2 more, think mom and aunt Muriel would love one.

Bought some embroidery in the hoop designs for a snowman and gingerbread men, even bought a hand towel to see how it goes..each have legs

Was going to bring home something precooked but have spaghetti sauce in refrigerator so spaghetti it is lol

Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

Early morning, still dark outside, sitting here with coffee in hand and Ziggy laying next to me wanting attention. I’ve got all fall twinkling lights and candles glowing, Tis’ the grateful season and I am grateful for what I have!

Kind of got my day together, will be a stay in my nightly all day (I work best in Jammie’s/nighties).

I have several wooden front/back for cookbooks I intend to make for Paul my BIL so he can give to his daughters and keep one for himself..before I start typing and cataloguing recipes and getting photo’s I’ll get the book parts ready for painting..been so long since I painted in genesis here’s hoping I won’t make a mess of them, anyway basecoating all the parts come first..this mornings job.

Might even get to back shed for the fall totes I haven’t brought in yet, the big chore is where to heck will I put it all.

What do you have planned for the day?

Went to quilting today. Had a good time. Can't wait to see your recipe books.

10 hours at work, eat, help Ben. See one episode of NCIS with Ben, go to bed. Tomorrow REPEAT! I can sometimes get 15 minutes of sewing in before work. Sometimes a few at night..

Victoria Harbour, ON

Was up at 5am which is my most productive time of the day for me..finished the 2nd shopping embroidered bag so I will be able to give mom and aunt Muriel one..it will make them smile.

Then I moved on and decorated the 3 boards I had painted and antiqued..the photo does not do them justice, snarling ribbon you brings each alive. That will be my workshop project with the girls here on the 19th.

I’ve so much Xmas decor that likely my set will be a gift, likely do a few more..got to tell you, if I finished a few projects I’ve materials for it would cover much...I’ve 4 birdhouse to paint, not 3 because Ann wants one.

I base coated my 12” six foot plank black..been so long since I’ve done different techniques I’m wondering if I should have started with black so we will see.

I also did my 2 turns on the quilt but I noticed Ziggy is using it as a hammock, this time he didn’t pull pins out sooo have to make sure close the door when I’m not 8n the craft room.

Should have finished the fall 9nes first, maybe later!

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

That Ziggy is NAUGHTY!!! or just being a cat, same thing LOL.

Another one bit the dust yesterday at work. Fired, of course that means we get to split his work while we interview and train another one. Grrrr.. 1 year and 10 months....

Victoria Harbour, ON

Not good news...big sigh

Victoria Harbour, ON

See that everybody is busy, so just dropping in with a ‘hi’

Good morning. What are you working on today?

Another warm day here today. 97 this afternoon. I keep waiting for lower temps and badly needed rain.

Newcastle, ON(Zone 5a)

Today was a perfect fall day..fresh and sunny. The rees are changing and leaves are beginning to fall. I had to get a couple of covers for the window wells to keep the leaves and critters out. Slowly preparing for winter. Bought a couple of pumpkins today to start a harvest decoration at the front door. Lovely time of year.

Cooling off here... expect high to be in 60s. It seemed like the weather changed in one week from hot to cool. Tri-Cities sometimes does that.

electrician is coming tomorrow, get a few more things done.

I am IN the office again on Tuesday before heading out for assessment Wednesday, then all day of training. November is the month that worries me. Fewer days scheduled in the office and I have been pulling files forward trying to lighten the load of assessments in November. No matter how hard I try to keep the work evened out over the year, sometimes it just doesn't work! Tired and headed to bed, productive paperwork day at the office. I love Fridays, I am alone in my office without my noisy /chatty coworker!

Where is everyone?
Cloudy and a bit cooler this morning. Sure hope we get some rain soon.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Morning all, busy busy day yesterday..drove to buffalo, think a tad too soon as all of the stores hadn’t put out their Christmas decor or didn’t have what I wanted..big sigh

Did manage to get a few supplies and came home with another adorable turkey..hardly an inch not decorated for fall. Before leaving at 6:30 am I managed to finish the fall plank, will bring it in after thanksgiving and do other side for Halloween.

Ziggy got out when I got home, was out half the night looking for him as someone in the area posted there is a fisher on my street and park street..was truly worried.

Tired today, bit of energy this morning so using it to decorate outside..Lordy mr. scarecrow was heavy but managed to get him to the front minus an arm and his head so just finishing coffee then will get my tools out and get him back together.

Need to have grass cut but that will be later as it rained heavily yesterday and it’s just too wet right now..hope I don’t lose energy and can manage to get things done.

I’ve yet to f8nd a tote that says fall which has a turkey for my table and another for decor so need to go searching for it...

LIndakay, I filled the glass pumpkin you sent me years ago with mini chocolate bars..not good, I’ve already eaten 1/4 of them! 😜
What are you all up to today!

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze
Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Took me 4-5 hours yesterday to make 8, 71/2" Bear paw blocks. Each block has 4 bear paws. Did them all by chain piecing and also did a bit of unsewing here and there. Not to get all the elements of the baby quilt put together. Still working on placement of all the pieces. Looks good on paper, just not sure how it will work on machine.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Know you are on a mission Karen, bought the possum design, loaded it to embroidery stick, will try and get it embroidered today while I’m tidying up the craft room or in morning and will post special delivery..can you post few photo’s of bear paws so I can get idea of colours you used please

Victoria Harbour, ON

I am finally decorated for fall, colour is in every room, I’m tired
Know if I take a nap that will be the end of me so should get up off the couch and push myself

Even Ziggy is resting! Not a wonder...

Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze Thumbnail by Bettypauze

Beautiful decorations Betty.
Ziggy was a stinker last night.
Hard to believe stores didn't have Christmas decorations out. I know here, hobby lobby and JoAnn is full of them.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Hobby lobby did but not what I needed for my projects..guess I will be in search of what I need this week.

Lordy had all kinds of energy this morning, on the couch since just after noon and just crawled into bed!

TORRINGTON, AB(Zone 3b)

Hi - been doing my usual, running till I drop lol
Bob sold 1 of his scarves at the Christmas Market on Saturday. I sold one of our Community Books, and none of the Sticks card games. Some of my Salsa sold - about 5 jars. Not a major or even a medium success. Didn't take the Chinese Checkers boards - they needed to be sanded down from Bob drilling the holes. Ah well, there's another sale in November.
It snowed about 1 1/2" overnight, but we still went to church. Beforehand there was a Potluck Breakfast to celebrate our new Minister-in-training being with us 2 months. She's a lively & lovely person.
I'm making some candied jellies for our friend's 90th birthday come & go tea on Oct 5th. It's a 3 day recipe - make it & sugar coat it, wait one day & sugar coat again, wait another day, then last sugaring, and take to the party :)

Maryville, TN(Zone 7a)

Betty this is bear panel. Colors are. tans, browns & greens. She wants it woodsy.

Thumbnail by siliolegma

Granddaughter, Sam (Samantha) needed to be picked up from her father's designated pickup place so her stepfather (my son) could stay longer in Tucannon. Wife is working Wednesday thru Sunday night, then drive back to Tri-Cities Sunday after she gets off work. Son works Sunday evening and Monday and Tuesday day shift while she watches 2 year old.
Gave Sam a sewing lesson today and she made a simple stuffed bear. My Halloween wall hanging is coming along. Had to stop while granddaughter is here. My other sewing machine is still at repair shop.

Listen to your body Betty. Did you ever talk to your Dr. about getting the right xrays?
At you have been busy too. Sure hope you get your machine soon.

Victoria Harbour, ON

Yes, was there today
Still not a happy camper, we will see

She said no pinched nerve, no arthritis so I told her I’m normally 9n the got least 12 hrs a day and now I can’t get much beyond noon hour, if I last longer I pay..

I said that I wasn’t quite sure how she could say there was nothing..she reminded me that there is no way to see how much pain one is in’ ok but something is wrong!

She made me do a few things, made me stand, pressed on my left shoulder, no problem, touched the left and I almost passed it, she examined it again, ‘hmmm you know that bulge wasn’t there the last time I examined you’ I’m sure it was..

She says definitely something there, it could be a tumour??? Right
I said one wouldn’t know because in this process my neck and top of shoulder was never checked...
I go for an X-ray Wednesday afternoon at one then to see her again on the 15th.

Called my doctor, want a home visit but his office is closed Mondays so I will have to call first thing in the morning..

I did go to cosco though, it’s like your Sams, bought 4 large spools of ribbon, $10 each, good quality and 50 yds in each I believe. Having company tomorrow for lunch after the girls leave, they asked for chicken and sliders, old recipe their grandmother used to make so bought the chicken and desert there..almost tempted to open up and cut into the desert, sure hope there is some left tomorrow lol

Well it’s a gorgeous day, think I’ll go out and cut grass, likely last time, if not maybe one more time..calling for rain and 75 tomorrow so it’s cut tonight or not til weekend.

Dianne, Meaford scarecrow festival this weekend, always think of you..candle factory moved to Owen sound, a. Additional 1/2 hour + drive, not sure I’ll go to either but always think of you and Warren and the years you went...hugs

Victoria Harbour, ON

Lordy there are a zillion mosquitos out there..was going to trim but went slowly and got as close as I can to edges..it will do, neighbours are out cutting as well, think we all know we are nearing the end and with rain coming for a few days best get it done.

I’m amazed that I still have flowers..must take a photo

So it’s break time, might have coffee and hmm what would go good with it??

Thumbnail by Bettypauze

YUM! maybe I should leave now & stop at bakery on way to work!

glad you are getting BETTER and more indepth exam.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.