Brillo pads

Jacksonville, TX(Zone 8b)

Here is a tip for you:

In years past, I would use a Brillo pad (or SOS pad) once, then place it on the sink (or where-ever) to be used again later. I don't use these very often, so every time the pad would rust and ruin. I heard this tip, and it works great.

Once you use the pad, lightly rinse just enough to get off the excess food stuffs, and put directly into a ziplock bag, and into the freezer while still wet. The next time that you need it, take it out of the freezer, out of the bag, and use. The hot water will dethaw the pad, and just repeat the process. The pads will now last for many uses (mine go for about 3-4 months this way). I only buy them about once a year now.

I know that this won't save you a bundle, but it is priceless when you have friends over who ask you where your Brillo pad is, and you start looking around in your freezer :)

Trish

This thread has 10 replies. This forum is accessible only to subscribing members of Dave's Garden. There are many free features here, and about half of our forums are completely open to all members. And learn more about Dave's Garden, and explore the benefits of becoming a subscribing member.

Want to join? Register here. Already signed up? Click here to login!